No announcement yet.

BU: '22-'23 Season: Sail The Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** is up with no cash at concessions? And - didn’t they say concessions were changed and improved? It seeks like it is still the ****ty chicken fingers and not cold enough beer.

Comment

• Well...it could have been worse. I have zero comprehension of how there was anything to impede the goaltender's ability to play the puck on the "winning" goal. Hopefully that extra point won't cost them down the road...it reminded me of the Maine/Denver national championship game at the Garden when a Maine skate was about an inch into the blue paint (and had nothing to do with the goal), causing the goal to be waved off. And why did the referee come out after looking at the replay and consult with the linesman, who didn't even LOOK AT the replay?

Comment

• Well, they pulled that one out of the air. Lane Hutson is a shifty dude with the puck. Not sure why the winning goal in regulation was waived off. I didn’t see interference on the replay. Tuch’s skate was about 3 inches in the crease. I guess that’s not allowed? Much improved period and it made the difference. I think we get 66% of a win for PWR with the change this year. Better than 0, which was looking likely for much of that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post
          Tuch’s skate was about 3 inches in the crease. I guess that’s not allowed? Much improved period and it made the difference.
          That was my question. Bernie explained it that it has to interfere with the goalie's ability to "play his position." No way was that the case. The "skate in the blue" thing I believe is a misinterpretation of the intent of the rule. And there was a Lowell player up against the goalie anyway, so there was definitely no contact with a BU player; therefore, it couldn't have been "interference."

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post

That was my question. Bernie explained it that it has to interfere with the goalie's ability to "play his position." No way was that the case. The "skate in the blue" thing I believe is a misinterpretation of the intent of the rule. And there was a Lowell player up against the goalie anyway, so there was definitely no contact with a BU player; therefore, it couldn't have been "interference."
            Agree with all of that. We’ll have to see what Jay says was told to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post

Agree with all of that. We’ll have to see what Jay says was told to him.
              The coaching staff (win or no win) was still livid after the game and looking for an explanation...

Comment

• That call was atrocious. Unconscionable.

Jay has turned this program around. It’s going to be a fun season.

Oh, and the puck don’t lie!
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Also, what the hell was the deal with Lowell having one goalie announced in introductions and then switching?
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    *** is up with no cash at concessions? And - didn’t they say concessions were changed and improved? It seeks like it is still the ****ty chicken fingers and not cold enough beer.
                    With too cold cold dogs?
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• That late Hutson goal in regulation stopped me from going on a rant. Sucks

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        Also, what the hell was the deal with Lowell having one goalie announced in introductions and then switching?
                        On the broadcast, they said that whoever made the official line-up put the wrong goalie as starting. So the goalie that Lowell wanted to start couldn't actually start. He had to wait until the first whistle.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          Also, what the hell was the deal with Lowell having one goalie announced in introductions and then switching?
                          Since the ref had paper in his hand I"m guessing a UML coach listed the wrong goalie as the starter:

Rule 7 - Starting Lineup
                          7.1 Eligible Players/Player List

Changes in the starting lineup of either team, as given to the referee or official scorer, or in the playing lineup on the ice, shall not be made until
                          the game is actually in progress unless a penalty changes the on-ice strength or an injury occurs before the first faceoff.
                          PENALTY—Bench minor if brought to the attention of the referee before the second faceoff in the first period.

By changing the goalie before the game and then after the firUML avoided a penalty.

Sean
                          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                          BU Hockey highlights and extras
                          NCAA Hockey Financials
                          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Ohhhh, I was wondering what all that was at the start of the game.

Phantom goalie interference or not, that goal was a laser shot from Case McCarthy. Why can’t they do that more often?? Many things to be worked on with the two week break.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              Well...it could have been worse. I have zero comprehension of how there was anything to impede the goaltender's ability to play the puck on the "winning" goal. Hopefully that extra point won't cost them down the road...it reminded me of the Maine/Denver national championship game at the Garden when a Maine skate was about an inch into the blue paint (and had nothing to do with the goal), causing the goal to be waved off. And why did the referee come out after looking at the replay and consult with the linesman, who didn't even LOOK AT the replay?
                              As soon as I saw Hansen involved I knew it would waved off. Guy will look for any reason to call off a goal. Bernie was wrong that the goalie was outside the crease. They used to blow plays dead years ago for crease violations but not anymore. I think you could apply common sense that I didn't see anyone on the ice complaining for Lowell. The asking the linesman after was something. Of course when you break something down in slow motion you see a player in the crease and MAYBE there was some sort of contact but that doesn't automatically mean a goal should be called off.

NHL certainly has a much higher threshold. I see some in NHL where it looks like clear interference and they let it stand.

Comment

• Oh and for all your returning players, if last night is any indication, Hutson is already your best player. Doesn't have the size but was reminding me of Jake Sanderson out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X