X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have an extremely capable backup goalie

Comment

Michigan had a lot of speed. Their first line was their best line by far. Very chippy series. Didn't see much of Copeland and seemed to play 4 defensemen for last 8 minutes or so. Overall, good win but NEED TO COMMIT LESS PENALTIES.

Comment

Originally posted by BU93 View Post
        We have an extremely capable backup goalie
        Vinny's GAA and save % took a bit of hit Friday, but his career 11-3-0 record and .786 win percentage is just remarkable.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

That was a welcomed surprise!
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Territory, Territory, Territory, Territory, Territory. A word I don't ever recall hearing on a hockey broadcast but a word I must have heard over 200 times this weekend. I think I heard the very biased (Hughes was a little frustrated after the final horn so he delivered another hit) Michigan play by play guy call it the "zone" one time. Is he like the Michigan football radio guy?

Quick thoughts after being at the Bentley game and watching both games this weekend...

-BU has speed, skill, size, determination (outwork, win the corners), and toughness.
            -They COMPETE. Said differently, they are not soft.
            -Anything less than making the NCAAs will be a failure.
            -L. Hutson finally (after 3 games) lived up to the hype in my eyes. The good news is he has skilled teammates who will be able to capitalize on how he sets them up. That said...
            -It seems as if the team tries for pretty goals. There's nothing wrong with, as Jack Edwards says "Shooting with a purpose", getting an easy rebound and scoring rather than a highlight reel goal.
            -Don't recall seeing Zabaneh on the ice tonight and recall seeing Brown often double shifting with 4th line.
            -Michigan is a good team, their goalie was great all weekend.
            -I could easily see why Adam Fantilli is widely considered to be a top-3 pick in next summer's NHL draft.

Comment

Michigan’s goalie was great. Just very solid and was never out of position.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Michigan’s goalie was great. Just very solid and was never out of position.
                Except on the game-winner, thanks to Brown's deke.

BU #5 in pairwise. Michigan #2, UMass #3.

Comment

Happy news to wake up to 1/2 way around the globe. Sorry I missed it.

BU Hockey: The Future is Bright
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

nice
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      The UM goalie made 4 or 5 A++++ saves that kept us from scoring that many more. Very, very solid effort and bounceback. A sign of great leadership and coaching.
                      Yes. The Michigan announcers said he (Portillo) will probably leave for the Sabres after this year.

Comment

• Overall it was a very promising weekend. The Friday night game was over with the two simultaneous majors...cannot have that in any game and expect to win. The lack of discipline cost them that game and never game them a chance. I did think BU was the better team 5v5 but if you take 9 penalties + 2 majors you are going to lose at this level no matter who you play. Sunday was a great sign as they bounced back and played well and took the split. Hopefully they learned from that Friday night and STAY OUT OF THE PENALTY BOX. This team is talented enough to beat anyone 5v5 but if you march to the penalty box all night you are going to lose more games than you win. Play hard, stay DISCIPLINED is the key to success. Skill will take over. I will take a split with Michigan at their rink and hopefully they will learn from Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Except on the game-winner, thanks to Brown's deke.
                          And thanks to Skoog's screen, too. When O'Brien made the cross-ice pass to Brown, Skoog scooted across the goalmouth, dragging a D-man with him--both ending up in front of the goalie. Skoog also took away Portillo's eyes on Fensore's goal. No scoresheet points for him but two huge plays. No wonder Pandolfo singled him out for a "really good" game.

Late in the third period, Skoog had the puck behind the Michigan goal line, relatively unmarked. Did he give a thought to doing a "Michigan" against Michigan? Maybe.

Comment

• BU stays at 9 abd Mich up to 5. Not a huge deal. Happy to see Hockey East teams having success against OOC teams so far this year though. Will help in the long run. On to #14 Uconn

Out of curiosity, anyone know if Hockey East's OOC are valued higher (Meaning against non HEA teams)? I don't know all the math, but since as a conference, some teams play less games against typical OOC opponents. For instance, the beanpot as well as NU and BC play a game or 2 this season that counts as OOC.

Tricky way to word it, but if someone understands or has any idea what the heck I'm talking about that's a success!
                            Last edited by hydrant; 10-17-2022, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Michigan's Mgoblog's take on Sunday's game. Pretty fair, IMO.
                              https://www.mgoblog.com/content/mich...y-3-michigan-2

Comment

• I wasn’t able to watch but the various reports on the weekend make it sound like Pando told them to go in physical and Fridays game they sort of over did it and got burned in the penalty box early then flattened.

That they were able to return Sunday and rein that in and disrupt Michigan’s flow points to not only good coaching but players that are coachable.

All good things to see despite the drubbing.

Comment

Working...
                                X