Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    https://***********/MadCapsHockey/st...616512/photo/1
    Musa not showing a BU commitment anymore.
    Not surprised. With Musa, BU was expecting 9 incoming forwards (according to heisenberg) BU currently has 5 senior forwards on roster. Obviously there could be early departures, and maybe bringing in less forwards than defensemen. Seems like not enough room I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by hydrant View Post

Not surprised. With Musa, BU was expecting 9 incoming forwards (according to heisenberg) BU currently has 5 senior forwards on roster. Obviously there could be early departures, and maybe bringing in less forwards than defensemen. Seems like not enough room I guess.
      Actually, its 6 senior Fs: Armstrong, Brown, O'Brien, Phillips, Skoog and Stevens. And, with a productive season, Tuch could be a flight risk.
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

No surprises.

Phillips-O’Brien-Brown

Tuch- Skoog- Peterson
        Wilmer-Greene-Q.Hutson
        Zabaneh-Stevens-Kaplan
        Armstrong
        Fensore-Gallagher
        Hutson-McCarthy
        Webber-Copeland
        Commesso
        Duplessis
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Jay had better get these guys under control fast. They’ll be spending the entire season in the penalty box

Comment

Two 5-minute majors. Never have I ever. *sigh*

Worst $10 I've ever spent. 4-0 already and it's only going to get worse. Pull Commesso.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

I would have to see more replays, but it looked like Tuch was just going hard at the puck and the O’Brien hit didn’t look high. Maybe I’m wrong as I was incensed at the back to back calls. I know the coaches didn’t like it as the announcers were saying the were going at the officials with 2 fingers in the air. The team was definitely hard charging and had lots of life in them. I guess they just need to keep the arms and elbows down. Like the 5 on 5 play. We match up well so far with a good team. A little bad luck not scoring early. Don’t remember ever seeing 5 on 3 majors for 4 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by BU93 View Post
                I guess they just need to keep the arms and elbows down.
                Yes...it was very clear to me (especially on the O'Brien hit) that he hit him in the helmet with an elbow. But regardless, this is something that should have been nipped in the bud...you could see in the first game against Bentley that BU is a chippy team. I don't know if Jay has been in the NHL too long or what, but you can't do that stuff in college anymore. They are going to crack down, particularly with "high" hits, given the emphasis on concussions and sports injuries in general. Not to mention, I don't know why they are out there head hunting two minutes into the game anyway. They haven't played since the NCAA game in the DCU Center in 2018 so nothing is "carrying over" as far as I know.

Regarding the "matching up well with a good team," it hardly matters now because they took themselves right out the game in the first ten minutes. Let's see how they do tomorrow with a fresh slate. But if they take all these penalties all year, they're going nowhere. And BU has a LOT of talent...it's not necessary to play like this. Just skate, move the puck and score. They are plenty capable...
                Last edited by chickod; 10-14-2022, 07:13 PM.

Comment

I know it’s hard to see anything mattering after you go down 4-0. I said the same thing - just fast forward to Sunday if we could. But, we have to play another period. Need something constructive for the last period or so.

Comment

I know it’s hard to see anything mattering after you go down 4-0. I said the same thing - just fast forward to Sunday if we could. But, we have to play another period. Need something constructive for the last period or so.
                    Yeah, all I meant was that it's hard to evaluate because you know that Michigan is probably going to let down a little. BU seems to be playing hard throughout...but that's what's frustrating. They don't HAVE to play with that chippiness...they are a GOOD team with lots of talent. And this Michigan goalie seems to be outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post

Yeah, all I meant was that it's hard to evaluate because you know that Michigan is probably going to let down a little. BU seems to be playing hard throughout...but that's what's frustrating. They don't HAVE to play with that chippiness...they are a GOOD team with lots of talent. And this Michigan goalie seems to be outstanding.
                      Agree with all of that…

Comment

This game has gone like Lake State national championship game in 94.

Comment

This game has gone like Lake State national championship game in 94.
                          That's sort of why I said it "hardly matters now." After those three PP goals you knew everyone was just playing out the string. We'll see if this team bounces back Sunday. If not, then there might be something to address. (IIRC, didn't BU hit the post in the first minute of that game and then the rout was on after that?)

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post

(IIRC, didn't BU hit the post in the first minute of that game and then the rout was on after that?)
                            Sure did. Forgot about that. I tend to put bad things out of my mind.

Comment

I would have to see more replays, but it looked like Tuch was just going hard at the puck and the O’Brien hit didn’t look high. Maybe I’m wrong as I was incensed at the back to back calls. I know the coaches didn’t like it as the announcers were saying the were going at the officials with 2 fingers in the air. The team was definitely hard charging and had lots of life in them. I guess they just need to keep the arms and elbows down. Like the 5 on 5 play. We match up well so far with a good team. A little bad luck not scoring early. Don’t remember ever seeing 5 on 3 majors for 4 minutes.
                              The head was the first point of contact on both hits - that'll be 5 every time. Stupid plays by Tuch and O'Brien, can't do that if you're wearing a letter.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

That went well.
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X