This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

CHN is reporting that expanded coaching staffs are under consideration. Is Pando getting a leg up on that possibility?
    https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...pen-Season.php

Coaching regs definitely need modernizing!

Comment

Tonight should be an opportunity to get the season started in a good way. We've lost to Atlantic Hockey teams before but Bentley is projected to be middle of the pack in the conference at best. Let's see if JP can get these guys to take the opponent seriously by getting off to a fast start. It will be very interesting to see which of the freshmen get in the game.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Anyone know where the game is streaming tonight?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonidas View Post
          Anyone know where the game is streaming tonight?

Thanks!
          ESPN+

http://terrierhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            it will be very interesting to see which of the freshmen get in the game.
            You could say the five of them made an impression.
            Last edited by Rogie21; 10-01-2022, 09:20 PM.
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Nice dominating win to start the season. I feel in seasons past this game would have been a 3-2 nail biter win at best or a loss at worst. Hopefully this is just a taste of things to come. Looking forward to the rest of the season if it is.

Comment

A great first win for the new coach. My biggest takeaway was the balance both in play and scoring. The freshman line obviously put up the most points but all four lines had a goal scorer, and having upperclassmen like Peterson and Tuch get off to good starts is key for this team. Greene looks like a more skilled Shane Bowers to me. Wilmer looks like a smart player and his goal was an absolute snipe. Lane Hutson showed his great passing, especially on the Tuch goal. He did have to scramble 2 or 3 times after creating off man rushes against us, but he'll figure that out. Kaplan looks like he may have a little more filling out to do than Greene or Q. Hutson, but he didn't look out of place.

Now let's just get through the exhibition without any injuries. Michigan will be a very tough early test for these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  Lane Hutson showed his great passing, especially on the Tuch goal.
                  That play exemplifies Hutson's special talents. His “dancing” and feints gets his defender turned and momentarily mesmerizes two others, allowing Tuch to sneak in to the dot and field a perfect pass for a one-timer. https://twitter.com/TerrierHockey/st...76819283918853

The announced attendance, 5,504, is 87% of capacity. The only home games to exceed it last season were both against BC.

Comment

You could say the five of them made an impression.
                    According to what I have in my database the 3 points each by Greene, Wilmer and L. Hutson are the most by a freshman in BU's first game of the season since Jack Eichel had 4 points (2-2-4) vs UMass in 2014. Greene's 2 goals are the most since Patrick Harper scored 2 vs Colgate in 2016. The 5 goals and 13 points are the most by freshmen in BU's first game of the season since the start of Hockey East in 1985.

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                    BU Hockey highlights and extras
                    NCAA Hockey Financials
                    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Very impressive first outing. I absolutely love how Pandolfo played the freshman because....they deserved it. Playing players based on merit and how they work in practice is refreshing. If you work hard, produce then you play. Imagine that. I thought the forwards were creative, they back checked, defense was in position, not a ton of breakaways or odd man rushes given up....BU hockey is back baby! LOL...I get it was just Bentley but the vibe and style of play is what I wanted to see and I saw it. Very promising.

Comment

15 players being able to record a point is nice. Hopefully, this will lead to a nice balance in scoring. Michigan will be a test, but with the older group hopefully they can stay grounded for this game. Penalties will cost us against Umich.
                        Last edited by hydrant; 10-03-2022, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Silly question. Does anyone tweet out the line-charts anymore? It's like reading a baseball boxscore, I geek-out on a good line-chart. : )

BU Hockey: Back?
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

First weekly award winner--Ryan Greene, HE Rookie of the Week. https://goterriers.com/news/2022/10/...-the-week.aspx

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            Silly question. Does anyone tweet out the line-charts anymore? It's like reading a baseball boxscore, I geek-out on a good line-chart. : )
                            BU lines & pairs are posted on The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog a few hours prior to puck drop.

Comment

BU lines & pairs are posted on The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog a few hours prior to puck drop.
                              Yeah but the Men's Hockey Twitter account and also the Boston Hockey Blog Twitter posted line charts for every game last season. Not sure why they did not do it on Saturday.

Comment

I wasn't able to see the game but off of the highlights the aspect that jumped off the page was Greene's hands and release. Seems like something we might be able to bank on all season. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                                X