This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    Funny you said that because I thought that was odd myself when I saw it he literally looked away. I don’t know him from Adam but his demeanor is very off putting.
    Same. With Merrimack playing well, there’s been a little “Why can’t we get coaches like that?” chatter on the UNH threads. Hmmm.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Buccigross/statu...gbVMv1Tow&s=19

I would take this to mean Manchester is starting at 2 but not sure about staggering all 4 games like last year as that would mean game 2 in Fargo at 11 PM eastern. That seems highly unlikely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        .... And Coach Borek also violated the uniform rule by having Merrimack wear the gold jerseys as the visiting team, despite that not being an option in postseason play (and regardless whether or not Coach Pandolfo agreed, as that option is only for regular season games).

Sean
        OMG, the HORROR!! The uniform colors could have impacted the game!! (I actually like the white jerseys better). Maybe, just maybe, neither Borek nor Pandolfo realized that even if Pandolfo agreed, it was not an option in the postseason. It's kind of petty thing to post about.

I did not see the handshake line diss. I get that it was a gut wrenching loss, but you've got to take a deep breath and move on. Agree it reflects poorly on him if that's what happened.

And I agree, ALL of the coaches who challenged the OT goals when there was clearly nothing to be challenged should get a call from Metcalf. Knock it off.
        Last edited by RENCEB; 03-19-2023, 04:04 PM.
        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

What happened this weekend with the coaches who lost in OT was embarrassing and it takes away from the moment of an OT winner. There were at least 4 coaches who challenged on OT goals where there was absolutely nothing to review. Happened in all three HE games and one or two other games.
          +100

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
            Same. With Merrimack playing well, there’s been a little “Why can’t we get coaches like that?” chatter on the UNH threads. Hmmm.
            Coaches that win games...that is.
            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Coaches that win games...that is.
              Mic drop!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                OMG, the HORROR!! The uniform colors could have impacted the game!! (I actually like the white jerseys better). Maybe, just maybe, neither Borek nor Pandolfo realized that even if Pandolfo agreed, it was not an option in the postseason. It's kind of petty thing to post about.

I did not see the handshake line diss. I get that it was a gut wrenching loss, but you've got to take a deep breath and move on. Agree it reflects poorly on him if that's what happened.

And I agree, ALL of the coaches who challenged the OT goals when there was clearly nothing to be challenged should get a call from Metcalf. Knock it off.
                A protocol violation is a protocol violation. Uniform colors don’t affect any outcome but Merrimack was the visiting team and as such should have worn their navy jerseys. I like the while ones as well but they couldn’t have worn those either. Another protocol violation was they took to the ice before BU in I think two of the periods. Again, nothing that affects the outcome but to me, That and the decision to wear a jersey that they technically aren’t allowed to wear smacks of arrogance, which good for them I guess but both are still protocol violations.

As for him dissing Lane Hutson in the handshake line, that’s pathetic. He’s a 19 year old kid. A kid that won a game for BU, sure, but he’s still 19 and Borek is a coach. Grow up.

Comment

• 2:00pm???? What??? I guess that extra day means the top seed can get rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    2:00pm???? What??? I guess that extra day means the top seed can get rest.
                    I was pretty surprised also- only thing I thought is tv calls the shots and didn't want noon game in Denver

Comment

• Makes no sense to me you got early game. With extra day of rest I thought you'd get later game in Manchester.

Comment

• You guys don't think the league would have signed off on Merrimack's gold jersey? Who cares? Or was Steve Metcalf livid when MC came out in gold?

Comment

• Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                          If it's kind of petty then why is it a rule? And it's also a 2 minute bench minor which means BU would have started the game with a power play. So no, I don't think it's petty at all to post about it. And I would hope that Coach Pandolfo knows the rules as Coaches Parker and Walsh did. I suspect that he allowed Merrimack to wear the jerseys because he was showing spoetsmanship, but again, not's not allowed in teh postseason.

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          A protocol violation is a protocol violation. Uniform colors don’t affect any outcome but Merrimack was the visiting team and as such should have worn their navy jerseys. I like the while ones as well but they couldn’t have worn those either. Another protocol violation was they took to the ice before BU in I think two of the periods.
                          Yes, BU took to the ice at the 1 minute mark as required, while Merrimack did so before then, when they were supposed to wait until the 0:50 mark. And again, that is a 2 minute bench minor, so BU should have had power plays to start those periods as well. However, I blame the Hockey East officials for being lax in that regard.

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                          BU Hockey highlights and extras
                          NCAA Hockey Financials
                          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• If you want penalties called for that give me a break

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              You guys don't think the league would have signed off on Merrimack's gold jersey? Who cares? Or was Steve Metcalf livid when MC came out in gold?
                              The rule doesn't give leagues commissioner's any say, just coaches of the two teams for regular season games. Or are you saying that the rules can be changed on the fly by league commissioners whenever and wherever they want?

Sean
                              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                              BU Hockey highlights and extras
                              NCAA Hockey Financials
                              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• I'm saying i don't give a flying f that Merrimack wore gold shirts

Comment

Working...
                                X