BU: '22-'23 Season: Sail The Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post

While BC is capable of beating a good team in one game, they have done nothing this year to convince me that are capable of the consistency necessary to do it four times in a row. I fully expect their season ends at Merrimack, where even their best teams have struggled over the years.
    BC looked solid against UMass Wednesday, but it's hard to get a relative view of how good because UMass was BAD.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

BC looked solid against UMass Wednesday, but it's hard to get a relative view of how good because UMass was BAD.
      BC is just a bad matchup for BU - maybe its the style or the rivalry but the longer BU can avoid a talented BC team the better...anything can happen in one game never mind one team with the motivation of playing for their season while the other team has a tourney bid locked up already. That to me is ripe recipe for an upset.

Comment

• I was a season ticket holder for a long time (mostly at Walter Brown) but haven't been following as closely as I'd like since 2020. My question is, how many seasons do you guys think Lane H. will play for the Terriers? Go BU!!
        Tom T.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tmtroiano View Post
          I was a season ticket holder for a long time (mostly at Walter Brown) but haven't been following as closely as I'd like since 2020. My question is, how many seasons do you guys think Lane H. will play for the Terriers? Go BU!!
          The Hockey News has him reaching the NHL in four more years. The only thing working against him is his size. He is a special talent. Great vision and Hockey IQ.
          He can only grow so much, but he can get heavier and stronger. BU could be lucky to have him for two more years as he works on the weights. Do the three brothers want to play together?
          A lot of factors will go into the decision. Being physically ready will be the real determining factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I've always gone on the assumption voters go off of Hockey East results only. Now whether that's actually true or not who knows. But I think it makes sense to vote that way. You don't have to factor in non conference SOS etc. It's basically a level playing field. The gap in league play between Levi and the next best goalie is large (ya I know everyone who thinks this is dumb). The forward pool is more even. So I think it's a two man race. Hutson and Levi. I would vote for Hutson but I am skeptical based on how these things have gone over the years. I can easily see Levi being voted POTY with Hutson as ROTY.
            I can easily see Hutson as Rookie of the Year and Player of the Year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

I can easily see Hutson as Rookie of the Year and Player of the Year.
              Thanks Harry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tmtroiano View Post
                I was a season ticket holder for a long time (mostly at Walter Brown) but haven't been following as closely as I'd like since 2020. My question is, how many seasons do you guys think Lane H. will play for the Terriers? Go BU!!
                Hey!! Long time no see/speak!

I think we get Lane for two more years. He certainly isn't NHL ready, despite his amazing freshman season. Hopefully Jay (4-year player) can convince him that there is no rush. And as Harry said, hopefully he will be motivated to play with his two brothers for a season (assuming Cole comes in 24 and Quinn sticks around too).

Someone may have already asked - when was the last time BU had three brothers on the same roster? Did it happen with the Meaghers? (sp?).
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• I'm excited to catch today's game in person. Unfortunately I have a wedding in ATL next weekend (I'll be with three other BU alums including the groom - what was he thinking?!), so should they advance, I'll have to miss the games. So today is my last chance to see them before the regionals.

Obviously, BU should win, #1 vs. #11. But we've seen the team have lapses and against good coaching, it can be tough to come back. Needless to say getting out to an early lead would make all the difference. Time for the leadership on this team to take charge.

I'm not looking ahead, but if we have to play BC, that will be a big challenge, especially knowing they beat us in the same building just a month ago.

Prediction: 5-3 BU
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

Hey!! Long time no see/speak!

I think we get Lane for two more years. He certainly isn't NHL ready, despite his amazing freshman season. Hopefully Jay (4-year player) can convince him that there is no rush. And as Harry said, hopefully he will be motivated to play with his two brothers for a season (assuming Cole comes in 24 and Quinn sticks around too).

Someone may have already asked - when was the last time BU had three brothers on the same roster? Did it happen with the Meaghers? (sp?).
                    No, Terry and Rick were teammates for 3 seasons, Rick and Tony were teammates for 1 season. Terry and Tony, no.

if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

No, Terry and Rick were teammates for 3 seasons, Rick and Tony were teammates for 1 season. Terry and Tony, no.
                      Tony has the only NC including 2 goals in the championship game though he was the lesser of the 3. Rick Meagher top 5 player all time at BU imo. Terry solid as a rock scorer was right in the middle of the well publicized brawl with Minny in Final 4 1976

Comment

• What, no comments??? Good, solid win against UVM. It was good to see them quickly respond to every UVM goal with a goal. And Nick Zabaneh!! What a game he had. Hoping Fensore heals in time for Friday. No idea who we will play. I did hear that if we wind up playing BC then we will have the night cap which blows.

Comment

• If you get BC, maybe Hockey East gets another PC v Lowell triple OT marathon?

Comment

• Don’t have to deal with Levi!
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• So, since BC has been eliminated, does that mean BU will get to play the early game???

Comment

• The NEEN announcer said BU vs Lowell unless I heard wrong but it will be Providence.

Comment

Working...
                                X