X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomber
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    If Nick Zababneh’s injury never healed, he could’ve joined the band and been at every game!!

https://twitter.com/buband/status/16..._CJ6R-Xo6Qh_0w
    Love this! I knew there was a reason he was my favorite Terrier down the stretch. : )

Leave a comment:

• Lemonade
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    But,

Sean
    Exactly my point. Comparing how his stats are at Brown and how they will be next year at BU is idiotic. I hope he excels but saying he is an upgrade is also idiotic. Hopefully, BU will strengthen up the depth in the back end for next season. They were way too thin on the defense and it showed as they wore down.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied
    Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

My point is it’s a jump up in competition. Caron would be 19th in GAA which is next to last based on those stats. I haven’t seen him play but I think they need also need to bring in another competent goalie to give him some competition.
    He was 10th nationally in SV%, playing in 80% of Brown's games. He backstopped Brown to top 20 in GA/G and 13th in total goals given up. The latter is a bit misleading because Brown played on 30 games compared to 35-40 for most teams. All the while he got the support of the 44th-ranked D in terms of Shots Against/game and 54th-ranked offense in terms of Goals/GM in front of him.

By comparison, BU was 34th in GA/G, 33rd in total goals given up, 20th in SA/G, and 4th in Goals/GM.

This is pretty clearly the case of a strong everyday goalie who had subpar defense in front him and a disastrous offense. There's every reason to believe with a strong offense and defense in front of him that he can become, at worst, a top 3 goalie in Hockey East.

If Caron faced the same number of shots per game that Drew did, based on his SV% his GAA would fall to approximately 1.92. Would you sign up for a 1.92/.921 everyday goalie transferring here?
    Last edited by brassbonanza; 04-16-2023, 11:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied
    Caron would be 19th in GAA which is next to last based on those stats.
    But,

Goalie stats are massively misleading.
    Sean

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

My point is it’s a jump up in competition. Caron would be 19th in GAA which is next to last based on those stats. I haven’t seen him play but I think they need also need to bring in another competent goalie to give him some competition.
    It's also a ridiculous jump in the quality of players in front of him.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    If Nick Zababneh’s injury never healed, he could’ve joined the band and been at every game!!

https://twitter.com/buband/status/16..._CJ6R-Xo6Qh_0w

Leave a comment:

• Lemonade
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    What's your problem?

Here is Caron's record broken out vs Hockey East (Jofa missed BC) and the top ECAC teams he faced and other teams, as well as Commesso's record:

Mathieu Caron
    Minutes SvsPG SV% GAA
    vs HE / top ECAC 660:47:00 32 0.912 3.09
    vs rest 785:43:00 23 0.929 1.76
    overall 1446:30:00 29 0.921 2.49
    Commesso 1924:26:00 25.6 0.912 2.46

So, Caron's save percentage vs HE and the top ECAC teams was the same as Commesso's, while his goals against average was half a goal higher. However, he also faced more shots per game than Commesso did.

Sean

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied
    Now list the rest of their schedule toolbag.Browns schedule was 52nd out
    of 61 teams.
    What's your problem?

Here is Caron's record broken out vs Hockey East (Jofa missed BC) and the top ECAC teams he faced and other teams, as well as Commesso's record:

Mathieu Caron
    Minutes SvsPG SV% GAA
    vs HE / top ECAC 660:47:00 32 0.912 3.09
    vs rest 785:43:00 23 0.929 1.76
    overall 1446:30:00 29 0.921 2.49
    Commesso 1924:26:00 25.6 0.912 2.46

So, Caron's save percentage vs HE and the top ECAC teams was the same as Commesso's, while his goals against average was half a goal higher. However, he also faced more shots per game than Commesso did.

Sean

Leave a comment:

• Lemonade
    replied
    Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    yes big jump from Quinnipiac, Harvard, Cornell, Colgate , Providence, Merrimack, UMass teams they played last year.
    Now list the rest of their schedule toolbag.Browns schedule was 52nd out
    of 61 teams.
    Last edited by Lemonade; 04-16-2023, 02:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jofa
    replied

Promising to hear. It will be a big jump up in competition compared to he played against at Brown.
    yes big jump from Quinnipiac, Harvard, Cornell, Colgate , Providence, Merrimack, UMass teams they played last year.

Leave a comment:

• Lemonade
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    I mentioned to a sports writer friend that sees a lot of college hockey in Rhode Island and Massachusetts that the Brown goalie Caron was headed to BU.
    "Best college goalie I have seen in several years!"
    I said, 'don't you mean Devin Levi?'
    He said, "no, Caron is the best that I have seen in quite awhile. Great glove. He was tremendous, but few know about him because he was playing at Brown."

The sports writer is not one to practice hyperbole. I feel much better, because I trust his opinion.

Promising to hear. It will be a big jump up in competition compared to he played against at Brown.

Leave a comment:

• Harry Cleverly
    replied
    I mentioned to a sports writer friend that sees a lot of college hockey in Rhode Island and Massachusetts that the Brown goalie Caron was headed to BU.
    "Best college goalie I have seen in several years!"
    I said, 'don't you mean Devin Levi?'
    He said, "no, Caron is the best that I have seen in quite awhile. Great glove. He was tremendous, but few know about him because he was playing at Brown."

The sports writer is not one to practice hyperbole. I feel much better, because I trust his opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied
    He's 23.

0 )

: )

Not your father's college hockey program ...

Just win baby.

Leave a comment:

• Lemonade
    replied
    Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    Upgrade imo and only JR
    Upgrade over who? Vinny?
    Last edited by Lemonade; 04-15-2023, 03:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jofa
    replied
    Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Huge addition. He was top 10 in the nation in SV% on a terrible Brown team.
    Upgrade imo and only JR

Leave a comment:

Working...
X