X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Did Eichel win POTY and ROTY?
    Must have. Hockey East's link to ROTY actually takes you to COTY results though.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Nah it's all just Northeastern's vaunted defense. Scouts and GMs are beating down the door to watch Struble and company!

And yes, POTY is absolutely possible for Hutson. I just think voters will go with Levi. Maybe Commesso will get a participation ribbon.

BTW, if we want a real example of a goalie propped up by the team in front of him compared to his competition it would be Dryden McKay. Currently getting lit up in the ECHL. NHL teams were not lining up to sign him. The hockey world is not looking at Devin Levi like he is the next Dryden McKay.

You mean Dryden Mckay (undrafted) who won the Hobey Baker Award and played at Minnesota State - who plays a defensive system. Minnesota States current goalie Rancier (undrafted) has a 1.8 GAA average which is 2nd best in the country. Its almost like some teams play a defensive system that is conducive to great goalie stats. Dryden is also the same size as Levi - undersized at under 6'.
      Last edited by Lemonade; 03-06-2023, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• Yes there are programs known for defense. Scouts are then still able to make determinations on individual players. Which is why Levi is talked about for next level and McKay/Perets are not. It's not that difficult.

Comment

This you?

"Every single NHL team and their scouting department also backs that up a one went in the 2nd round and one went in the 6th round. But you must know better than hundred of pro scouts…"

Can't even keep your story straight.
          Did every NHL team didnt pass over him 6 times? Dipietro also had injuries that cut his career short but he made bank. Do scouts make mistakes - sure but the consensus usually is correct.

Comment

Yes there are programs known for defense. Scouts are then still able to make determinations on individual players. Which is why Levi is talked about for next level and McKay/Perets are not. It's not that difficult.
            I thought scouts opinions don't matter? Now they do? You can't keep your story straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
              I thought scouts opinions don't matter? Now they do? You can't keep your story straight.
              Is this a bit? Seriously? When did I ever say that? I have been saying the exact opposite. That in the year 2023 scouts/evaluators have Levi ranked extremely high. Players change from the time they are drafted and so do the evaluations of those players.

Comment

Is this a bit? Seriously? When did I ever say that? I have been saying the exact opposite. That in the year 2023 scouts/evaluators have Levi ranked extremely high. Players change from the time they are drafted and so do the evaluations of those players.
                Ummm a few posts ago "Scouts are then still able to make determinations on individual players. Which is why Levi is talked about for next level and McKay/Perets are not."....keep your story straight.

Comment

• Lemonade doesn't speak for all of us on this topic, so I'll let him die on that hill...

As for Lane, his 43 points are the most by any collegiate freshman D since (at least) 1987. He leads the league in scoring, as a defenseman.

He has a very solid case for POY and it'd be criminal if he does not win ROY.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Ummm a few posts ago "Scouts are then still able to make determinations on individual players. Which is why Levi is talked about for next level and McKay/Perets are not."....keep your story straight.
                    I am quite certain that nobody on here has any idea what you are talking about. Just making zero sense across the board.

Comment

I am quite certain that nobody on here has any idea what you are talking about. Just making zero sense across the board.
                      Honest question - if you put Levi on Michigan does he have a .932 save percentage?

Comment

• Was it reported why Matt Brown wasn't in the line-up Saturday night?
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Honest question - if you put Levi on Michigan does he have a .932 save percentage?
                          I do not know what Levi's exact save percentage would be on a different team. The conversation is who is a better goalie, Levi or Commesso. You are the only person saying Commesso in the year 2023. Just embrace it. In fact you took it a step further and said Levi is not even top 2 goalie in HE.

Comment

I do not know what Levi's exact save percentage would be on a different team. The conversation is who is a better goalie, Levi or Commesso. You are the only person saying Commesso in the year 2023. Just embrace it. In fact you took it a step further and said Levi is not even top 2 goalie in HE.
                            Levi has better stats because of the team and system. Its amazing you won't even state that a goalie and the system they play has a huge factor in their success....That's my point. Commesso is a better goalie prospect and yes there are other better goalies than Levi in Hockey East - time will tell. I think Levi is a product of the system much like Dryden McKay.
                            Last edited by Lemonade; 03-06-2023, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              Was it reported why Matt Brown wasn't in the line-up Saturday night?
                              It was called a "maintenance day." He's fine.

Comment

Levi has better stats because of the team and system. Its amazing you won't even state that a goalie and the system they play has a huge factor in their success....That's my point. Commesso is a better goalie prospect and yes there are other better goalies than Levi in Hockey East - time will tell. I think Levi is a product of the system much like Dryden McKay.
                                Umm wrong again. I have given Perets and McKay as examples where they are probably more a product of the system/team in front of them. That certainly looks to be the case with McKay based on the start to his pro career. What you keep ignoring is that the hockey world does not view Levi as the next Dryden McKay. They don't see it like you do. Nor does anyone still have Commesso ranked ahead of Levi as a prospect.

Comment

Working...
                                X