This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

They're still in the mythical field as of today. That's all I am going off of.
    Apparently that Sacred Heart win was more beneficial than one may have realized, b/c NU is up to 46% now.

Comment

• Originally posted by RossiRules View Post

Well watching the Beanpot the last two weeks and seeing Quinnipiac yesterday and BU/MC tonight, I think that neither team NU or BU could beat QU so I'm not thinking either team BU playing like they were 2 weeks ago or NU now with their .968 save percentage goalie over the past 6 weeks could come close to beating them.
      The Maine color commentator who has seen all of them said that BU was the best team that he had seen all year (right before the Beanpot and four-game swoon). And with Levi, Northeastern can beat anyone. The Q is overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

First goal he couldn’t do anything about. Second shot was tipped. Still risky play tossing puck boards and had to hurry back but that shot was tipped I believe. I like the call to put Vinnie in just to light a fire under the team.
        Vinnie should have gotten the start, given Commesso has given up at least one soft one in the previous three games. And Vinnie is good enough. And then come right back with Commesso at Vermont. It would have sent a message.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

Vinnie should have gotten the start, given Commesso has given up at least one soft one in the previous three games. And Vinnie is good enough. And then come right back with Commesso at Vermont. It would have sent a message.
          Goaltending hasn't been the issue in their funk its been the lack of goal scoring. Last 4 games they have scored 1, 2, 1, and then 0 before Commesso was given the hook.

Comment

• I saw a tweet from BU Hockey Stats that said. Hutson tied a FR defenseman record with 10 goals with Legault and Tom O’Regan. I remember Tom as a forward only does anyone remember him playing defense

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
              I saw a tweet from BU Hockey Stats that said. Hutson tied a FR defenseman record with 10 goals with Legault and Tom O’Regan. I remember Tom as a forward only does anyone remember him playing defense
              Does Hutson really play defense though?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

The Maine color commentator who has seen all of them said that BU was the best team that he had seen all year (right before the Beanpot and four-game swoon). And with Levi, Northeastern can beat anyone. The Q is overrated.
                Think he will select who is in the ncaa tourney?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                  I saw a tweet from BU Hockey Stats that said. Hutson tied a FR defenseman record with 10 goals with Legault and Tom O’Regan. I remember Tom as a forward only does anyone remember him playing defense
                  According to what I have from BU media guides and official game summaries Tom O'Regan was a center his freshman season (1979-80), not a defenseman. Furthermore, both O'Regan and Legault only scored 9 goals their respective freshman seasons.

So, that means Lane Hutson now holds the freshman defenseman record for goals. He also holds the record for assists and points.

Sean
                  Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                  Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                  BU Hockey highlights and extras
                  NCAA Hockey Financials
                  Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                  I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                    According to what I have from BU media guides and official game summaries Tom O'Regan was a center his freshman season (1979-80), not a defenseman. Furthermore, both O'Regan and Legault only scored 9 goals their respective freshman seasons.

So, that means Lane Hutson now holds the freshman defenseman record for goals. He also holds the record for assists and points.

Sean
                    Thanks I thought so . Big goal against BC in Beanpot win early 80’s. And my bad it did say Hutson breaks not tied record.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      .....My point was that we couldn't beat Matignon playing the way we have played recently.......
                      Was that the Dukie Walsh/Eddie Reardon Matignon or the Mark Fidler/Fish Cotter led team? ;-)
                      Anyway, I was wondering how BU could have 4 players included among the Top Performers for the past weekend in Hockey East despite surrendering 5 of 6 points to Merrimack. Does Vinny Duplessis' 10 save relief effort really qualify as a "Top Performance"? How about Ryan Greene's single power-play goal? I'm guessing there must be a Terrier alum making the call on this stuff. MC's Mick Messner's 3 goal 1 assist weekend didn't merit a nod.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

However, he is currently fourth on BU's rookie defenseman lists for goals (tied) and points, and third for assists:

Player Season GP Goals Assists Points
                        Bob Brown 1970-71 31 17 43 60
                        Ric Jordan 1970-71 30 12 38 50
                        Bob Maker 1946-47 21 23 25 48
                        Lane Hutson 1964-65 28 10 29 38
                        Brian Gilmour 1964-65 31 10 19 29

It's possible that he will pass Ric Jordan for goals, and maybe even points, but I don't think he'll reach Bob Brown's 17 goals or 60 points.

Sean
                        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                        BU Hockey highlights and extras
                        NCAA Hockey Financials
                        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Yea..that was an error on my part, taking Elite Prospects calling O'Regan as a F/D without confirming it elsewhere as I don't have access to a media guide from that era.

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                          However, he is currently fourth on BU's rookie defenseman lists for goals (tied) and points, and third for assists:
                          I guess technically they're rookies but it's kind of hard to compare an 18 yr old to 20 yr olds and consider them the same

Comment

It's possible that he will pass Ric Jordan for goals, and maybe even points, but I don't think he'll reach Bob Brown's 17 goals or 60 points.
                            Sean
                            Brown and Jordan's combined 110 is safe for all time. I wonder how many of their points came on the '71 team's 40% power play that produced 66 goals--six more than the total the team allowed in 31 games.
                            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• What qualifies as a rookie -- a freshman or a first-year college player? It wasn't until the early/mid-70s that freshmen became eligible to play varsity.

Vic Stanfield was 5-39-44 in 29 games in 1972-73, his first year playing as a sophomore.

The two-time All-American defenseman, and younger brother of the Bruins' Fred Stanfield, was 31-129-160 in 92 career college games. The 5-10, 233-pounder was a first team All-East defenseman all three years at BU. He spent nine seasons playing in Germany, averaging over 2 points a game, with two 100-point seasons, and is the all-time leading scorer in Krefelder EV history.

When Stanfield was on the ice for BU the game was played at his pace.

Comment

• Will someone please give a pronunciation guide to the UVM/ESPN announcer? If I have to listen to another four periods of “COMM-uh-so” I’d just as soon hit mute.

Comment

Working...
                                X