Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU: '22-'23 Season: Sail The Boats

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BU93 View Post

    Really? That is garbage (although we are good at the 3x3). Have to try to change that somehow.
    On the flip side, I was glad to not have to sit through a full 15 minute intermission to see more of the Harvard / BC game. The days of two double overtime games and being in the garden until 1:30 AM are gone (at least for now)

    Comment


    • Lot of missed nets. No second chance scoring opportunities until the third. Powerplay needs to figure it out. Puck doesn't move at all.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by hydrant View Post
        Lot of missed nets. No second chance scoring opportunities until the third. Powerplay needs to figure it out. Puck doesn't move at all.
        Give NU credit. They played tough D all night, clogged up the shooting and passing lanes and made it tough to get east/west movement to get Levi moving / off balance. And then of course Levi did what he does.

        Tough game.

        So BU/ BC in the consolation is an interesting twist. It will be interesting to see how much of a rivalry it feels like. Gotta figure out how to get up for it…. Big for pairwise implications.

        Comment


        • Not great to come out this flat and be pushed around by a bigger stronger NU team on this stage. They were by far the weakest looking of the 4 teams tonight. They have to sit on this for a week just to play a semi meaningless game albeit being BC. The next league games almost 2 weeks away against a NU type team in MC. Going to be a telling few weeks until HE playoffs start.

          Comment


          • They picked an interesting time to play their worst game of the year. Did they win more than six face offs all game? I counted at least five whiffed shots. They couldn’t connect on passes. They played with no focus. Levi is amazing but to be honest, he was hardly tested. I know they weren’t going to every game the rest of the season, but man, this was painful. Hope it’s an eye opener.

            Comment


            • NU forced BU to play to NU's style, which BU's roster and systems aren't constructed to do effectively. Teams simply can't afford to spot NU leads b/c they'll sit back and play that patient, grinding style that forces teams into mistakes.

              Despite all the success this BU team has had so far, there are some teams (NU being one of them) whom I feel they match up poorly against and have concern about how they fare against teams that play similar styles and how readily can they adapt their style of play against those types of opponents.

              Comment


              • They just didn’t get enough pucks to the net with traffic in front. It has been proven time and time again against Levi that if you don’t take his eyes away you’re probably not beating him. That’s how we scored our goal. There was an early tip by Tuch in front that almost went 5 hole, but caught pad. Brown earlier hit pipe. An inch or 2 here or there and we have a few. Levi was solid and made a few great saves. Our D broke down again on the 2 NU goals - that’s frustrating . I thought we had energy early, but couldn’t get one. Second period was a disaster. Great energy again in the 3rd. Really 0-2 in tournament games against teams that are formidable opponents. Hopefully things even out in the conference tournament and NCAA. This team is too good not to win some tournament games. I am still in on this group to do something special.

                We did remain 3rd in PWR with the loss. Need to beat BC in the empty arena game to remain competitive for a 1 seed (yes, I actually went to a consolation game once (BU-Harvard)and it was like they played the game with only me and 10 others in the stands). Although, this is a BU-BC game, who doesn’t want to see that?

                Comment


                • Can I blame Barbara Green? I’m blaming Barbara Green.
                  It Happened!!!!

                  Comment


                  • Well that was a complete turd of a game. NU just packed it in and made life real easy for Levi. I couldn’t recall one grade A scoring chance all night.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      Can I blame Barbara Green? I’m blaming Barbara Green.
                      That was a glass-shattering performance by her

                      Comment


                      • Hopefully this is a learning experience for the team and the coach, but yeah, a 2-0 lead by NU felt like 5-0. Surprised to see a team full of upperclassmen come out jumpy, and they stayed that way most of the game. My biggest problem was the lack of adjustments. Clearly sending the puck back to the blue line and having someone create offense from there wasn't working as NU was sitting back and either blocking shots between the dots or giving Levi a clean look to make an easy save. They basically got outplayed in every facet of the game.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

                        Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

                        "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

                        Comment


                        • Is anyone else not a fan of the big weird flimsy beer cups? I want a beer in a sturdy 16oz cup, and I want to use cash to pay for it.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BU93 View Post
                            They just didn’t get enough pucks to the net with traffic in front. It has been proven time and time again against Levi that if you don’t take his eyes away you’re probably not beating him. That’s how we scored our goal. There was an early tip by Tuch in front that almost went 5 hole, but caught pad. Brown earlier hit pipe. An inch or 2 here or there and we have a few. Levi was solid and made a few great saves. Our D broke down again on the 2 NU goals - that’s frustrating . I thought we had energy early, but couldn’t get one. Second period was a disaster. Great energy again in the 3rd. Really 0-2 in tournament games against teams that are formidable opponents. Hopefully things even out in the conference tournament and NCAA. This team is too good not to win some tournament games. I am still in on this group to do something special.

                            We did remain 3rd in PWR with the loss. Need to beat BC in the empty arena game to remain competitive for a 1 seed (yes, I actually went to a consolation game once (BU-Harvard)and it was like they played the game with only me and 10 others in the stands). Although, this is a BU-BC game, who doesn’t want to see that?
                            Actually 4th in pairwise.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Hopefully this is a learning experience for the team and the coach, but yeah, a 2-0 lead by NU felt like 5-0. Surprised to see a team full of upperclassmen come out jumpy, and they stayed that way most of the game. My biggest problem was the lack of adjustments. Clearly sending the puck back to the blue line and having someone create offense from there wasn't working as NU was sitting back and either blocking shots between the dots or giving Levi a clean look to make an easy save. They basically got outplayed in every facet of the game.
                              I heard the team had travel difficulties on Saturday returning from Orono (due to the cold temps) and didn't get back to Boston 'til hours later than originally scheduled. I also heard they weren't scheduled to practice on Saturday, but part of me can't help but wonder if -- given how routine-oriented teams are -- the travel disruptions might have impacted their prep for tonight.

                              That being said, any loss should be a learning experience and we've seen this team rebound after each loss this season...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                Can I blame Barbara Green? I’m blaming Barbara Green.
                                well you can’t blame albie :-)

                                he won it last year ;-)
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X