X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chickod View Post

Good to see Fensore back!
    Agreed. Give Hutson a little bit of a break.

Comment

• Why isn’t McCarthy playing?

Comment

• Another insane goal by Skoog. But BU being badly outplayed IMO. Special teams definitely a weak spot.

Comment

• Phew. Feels like every game the rest of the season is going to be like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
            Phew. Feels like every game the rest of the season is going to be like this.
            Agreed, but Brown and Hutson are a joy to watch.

Take the 3 points and get outa Orono.

Comment

• All the Beanpot participants lost tonight save one.
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Great win. Very tough to win up at Maine. Commesso with some huge saves. Hutson is insane. Skoog filthy. Onto the beanpot!

Comment

• Word is Case got dinged up in practice and sat out tonight as a precaution. Dom suited up because of that, I believe. My understanding is both will play Monday.

I don't agree all games will be like that - we're incredibly shorthanded when down a D. We realistically only have 5 reliable D, with one out it means the other 4 guys have to double shift all night and we see what happened.

Big W in the toughest road environment in the league against an improving Maine team. Barr will have them competing at the top of the league within a few years.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Wow! 20-6 going into the Beanpot. That’s incredible. Last time we took 20 W’s into the first Monday in February was the 1993-94 season as far as I can tell. 3 x3 OT probably helps a bit with the 3 wins there, but still a great performance so far. So many good moving parts on this team. Commesso starting to become a huge factor in games. Winning games when we struggle in our zone a little. Should be a great game on Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      Word is Case got dinged up in practice and sat out tonight as a precaution. Dom suited up because of that, I believe. My understanding is both will play Monday.

I don't agree all games will be like that - we're incredibly shorthanded when down a D. We realistically only have 5 reliable D, with one out it means the other 4 guys have to double shift all night and we see what happened.

Big W in the toughest road environment in the league against an improving Maine team. Barr will have them competing at the top of the league within a few years.
                      Can we trade for a defenseman at the deadline? : )
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Five Hockey East games last night and only Maine opted not to post game highlights....again. Paging Bart Rhett.
                        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Can we trade for a defenseman at the deadline? : )
                          I'm sure Joe Pereira is checking the waiver wire.
                          Last edited by Rogie21; 02-04-2023, 09:04 AM.
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            Word is Case got dinged up in practice and sat out tonight as a precaution. Dom suited up because of that, I believe. My understanding is both will play Monday.

I thought Jay said in the mid-week presser that Dom was most likely to play Friday, so hopefully it wasn't a case of "desperation" in lieu of the circumstances/lack of depth? Just got fingers crossed we get/stay healthy for Feb and March.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                              Five Hockey East games last night and only Maine opted not to post game highlights....again. Paging Bart Rhett.
                              I know he had a lot of trouble getting that video off ESPN, so I don't know if he'll do it again.

However, the team's Twitter account tweeted video clips during the game last night.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• What a great season so far. This team has tremendous balance at forward, across three lines and lots of freshmen to go along with he seniors. And the fourth line when healthy (Armstrong), has been all we could ask for.

Defense is the only question mark. We really need all the regulars to be healthy to make any sort of run. Obviously Fensore, Hutson, and McCarthy are very good. Weber has improved and I am generally comfortable with him out there. Gallagher has had his ups and downs - nice to have a two goal game, but seems to make at least one bonehead giveaway per game. Copeland, who had a great Beanpot last year, had a bad giveaway last night that led to a goal. As long as he doesn't try to do too much, he is a serviceable bottom pair guy. Of the remaining three (Getz, Page, Driscoll, Jarman), I think Getz has looked the best in limited viewing. Jarman looked pretty good when he first got here (last year? two years ago?) but hasn't been on the ice much - not sure if he has an injury.

One "x's and o's" thing I noticed last night - when cycling around the whole o-zone, especially when Hutson or Fensore or curling up along the blue line, it seems they have started to position someone in the high slot to be open for a short pass. I'm guessing this is to make the opposition think twice before getting too aggressive in attacking the cycling d-man. I think it may have been what let to Greene's goal, but I'm not sure. Anyway, kudos to the coaches - it seems to be working.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X