Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would have preferred we kept our energy after the late goals with ourselves and the crowd instead of taunting, but it really didn’t matter at that point I guess. Great work getting that one at the end of the first. I thought that was key. BC was playing well, especially defensively, to that point. They got that bounce for the first goal, but Commesso was awesome. The scoring was again superb. Our first line wasn’t even on the sheet and we still put up 6. Over our now 5 game win streak we are averaging 6 per game - wow! Feels like the 90’s!

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post
      I would have preferred we kept our energy after the late goals with ourselves and the crowd instead of taunting, but it really didn’t matter at that point I guess. Great work getting that one at the end of the first. I thought that was key. BC was playing well, especially defensively, to that point. They got that bounce for the first goal, but Commesso was awesome. The scoring was again superb. Our first line wasn’t even on the sheet and we still put up 6. Over our now 5 game win streak we are averaging 6 per game - wow! Feels like the 90’s!
      That's scraping the bottom of the barrel. That was complete garbage time.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Big win for the boys. And they go 5-0 on this home stand. It wasn’t the best played game. The first period was pretty blah. And if I read the scoreboard correctly, they only won one face off in the second period. And it got a little out of hand in the third. They need to tighten things up tomorrow. I don’t think that will fly at Conte. But…a win over BC is always good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Big win for the boys. And they go 5-0 on this home stand. It wasn’t the best played game. The first period was pretty blah. And if I read the scoreboard correctly, they only won one face off in the second period. And it got a little out of hand in the third. They need to tighten things up tomorrow. I don’t think that will fly at Conte. But…a win over BC is always good!
          Seems like the back to backs have been splits for a long time with maybe an occasional BC sweep. Like to know the last time BU swept. Would be nice to win season series but expect there will be more games in Beanpot and HE playoffs. Got to take advantage while we can as next year BC could start a strong stretch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post

Seems like the back to backs have been splits for a long time with maybe an occasional BC sweep. Like to know the last time BU swept. Would be nice to win season series but expect there will be more games in Beanpot and HE playoffs. Got to take advantage while we can as next year BC could start a strong stretch.
            16-17 was the last BU weekend sweep. That's the last time either team swept a weekend series. BC hasn't swept since 10-11. A couple of seasons in that time there was no two-game weekend series.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• A lot to unpack about last night. I’ll lead with this: The atmosphere was electric. Where were the BC fans? The Dog Pound was in full force at Conte last month.

I loved seeing the chippiness. It feels like the rivalry has some extra juice and I’m here for it.

Did they go a bit too far after the 6th goal? Perhaps, but this team has swagger. And personality. And they have fun playing the sport. All good things.

I know that now is not the time, but we’re going to have to talk about how they handled the Fensore situation if it’s, as I strongly suspect, a concussion.

I’ve never seen a goalie pulled like that. Right after the Dog Pound let him have it. What was that all about?

Do they back up their swagger tonight? Can their top 4 D hold up after all the minutes they logged? Does the Dog Pound travel as well as they did in December? Do they wear the red dogs? (I like BC’s uni’s, but the name font is too small.)

BU Hockey: ProudToBU
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                A lot to unpack about last night. I’ll lead with this: The atmosphere was electric. Where were the BC fans? The Dog Pound was in full force at Conte last month.
                I was wondering the same thing. While I saw a lot of BC jerseys walking the concourse, I didn’t see a big group of fans together.

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                I loved seeing the chippiness. It feels like the rivalry has some extra juice and I’m here for it.

Did they go a bit too far after the 6th goal? Perhaps, but this team has swagger. And personality. And they have fun playing the sport. All good things.
                What annoyed me about that was it was on the cusp of getting out of hand. I didn’t want them to take their collective skate off BC’s neck. I get a lot of it was due to the god awful officiating. However, they have to play BC at Conte tonight. I can’t really explain this clearly but if last night was a stand-alone game, I don’t think I would have minded it as much.

I know that now is not the time, but we’re going to have to talk about how they handled the Fensore situation if it’s, as I strongly suspect, a concussion.
                Yeah, this concerns me a bit. I don’t think he’s playing tonight either.

I’ve never seen a goalie pulled like that. Right after the Dog Pound let him have it. What was that all about?
                I noticed when they pulled him he went down the tunnel. He came back, but I wonder if there was something else going on there.

Do they back up their swagger tonight? Can their top 4 D hold up after all the minutes they logged? Does the Dog Pound travel as well as they did in December? Do they wear the red dogs? (I like BC’s uni’s, but the name font is too small.)

BU Hockey: ProudToBU
                I was thinking the same thing about their name font!! They had space to make it bigger.

Hoping they keep it going tonight!!

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

16-17 was the last BU weekend sweep. That's the last time either team swept a weekend series. BC hasn't swept since 10-11. A couple of seasons in that time there was no two-game weekend series.
                  Good info so it has been rare even years when the teams aren’t as close record wise. The 16-17 team was post Eichel I believe? I dont recall what kind of year that was. McAvoy Keller ?
                  Last edited by Jofa; 01-28-2023, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• Going back to the 90’s, didn’t they have a double digit winning streak against the Beagles?
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• The information I've heard is that it is not a concussion. I don't know exactly what was injured, but that it's not that.

Pure guess, some kind of muscle injury that may have seemed OK in the moment to return but the following day swelled or got worse and he's not able to be a full game participant

I do know from their IG account the kids sold 120 tickets or so for tonight down there.

16-17 was the Keller/McAvoy team that beat UND in Fargo.
                      Last edited by brassbonanza; 01-28-2023, 11:31 AM.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• I was surprised to see BC skate off at the end of the game and go directly to the locker room without the customary post-game handshake.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldAlum View Post
                          I was surprised to see BC skate off at the end of the game and go directly to the locker room without the customary post-game handshake.
                          Not surprised. There were issues throughout the game with Peterson, O'Brien, Kuntar, Gauthier and others. With the roughing at the end Brown probably figured it best to wait until after tonight's game.
                          Go BU!

Comment

• Almost hate to bring it up, but has JD been around here? New username? Just quit the board, maybe? Rarely agree with him, but he is undeniably a big fan of college hockey, if not BU. Appreciated his takes on the current state of BC as well as the college game in general.
                            Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              Going back to the 90’s, didn’t they have a double digit winning streak against the Beagles?
                              From 92-93 through 94-95, a 12 game winning streak. Half those wins came in 92-93, including a BP win and two in the HE quarters.
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

From 92-93 through 94-95, a 12 game winning streak. Half those wins came in 92-93, including a BP win and two in the HE quarters.
                                To expand upon that. BU went 18-1-4 vs BC from the 92'-93' season to 97'-98' season. This included a 13-0-0 stretch from 92'-93' to 94'-95'. Their only loss in that stretch was the final game of the 95'-96' regular season.

92'-93' 6-0-0
                                93'-94' 3-0-0
                                94'-95' 4-0-0
                                95'-96' 2-1-1 (tie came before the 2 wins ending the 13 game win streak)
                                96'-97' 2-0-2
                                97'-98' 1-1-1 (loss came after the win and tie)

Comment

Working...
                                X