This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

So you’re saying they only have 5 defensemen they trust. That could be a problem.
    This is definitely the biggest vulnerability for the team - depth at D. Getz has looked ok at times but was part of the mishandle/miscommunication on the play where the puck made it's way into the crease to be jammed home (4th goal?). And while the 6th goal wasn't much of a threat given the time left, Page had a wide open opportunity clear the puck but couldn't get it high enough to avoid the point man catching it and keeping the plat alive. McCarthy even had some shaky moments in the game. It is pretty remarkable how much Fensore's speed and "take over the game" ability tends to erase chances for the other team.

On a positive side, L. Hutson is the leading d-man scorer in the country with 27 points.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Looking at the PWR this morning, only 2 hockey east teams in the top 16. BU 6 and UConn 16.

So if the season ended like this only one Hockey east team would get in since the 16 slot will go to the AHA champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        Looking at the PWR this morning, only 2 hockey east teams in the top 16. BU 6 and UConn 16.

So if the season ended like this only one Hockey east team would get in since the 16 slot will go to the AHA champ.
        There’s a lot of hockey left to play, but interesting to see three ECAC teams above the cut line. Get your **** together Hockey East!
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

There’s a lot of hockey left to play, but interesting to see three ECAC teams above the cut line. Get your **** together Hockey East!
          Given that they pretty much only play each other from here on out (other than the Beanpot), it seems unlikely that there will be an opportunity to get back into the 3-4 teams in the NCAA range. But I'm no PWR expert.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

Given that they pretty much only play each other from here on out (other than the Beanpot), it seems unlikely that there will be an opportunity to get back into the 3-4 teams in the NCAA range. But I'm no PWR expert.
            I suspect they can get back to the 3 range fairly easily since someone has to get Ws the rest of the way. I think beyond that would be very, very hard without the autobid.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Jim Montgomery was at the game last night and addressed the Maine team. And also requested Sasquatch make an appearance. The Bruins are playing San Jose tonight. I’m too lazy to look at their schedule but if they were in Boston yesterday, wondering why Quinn, Bonino or Nieto didn’t make an appearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Jim Montgomery was at the game last night and addressed the Maine team. And also requested Sasquatch make an appearance. The Bruins are playing San Jose tonight. I’m too lazy to look at their schedule but if they were in Boston yesterday, wondering why Quinn, Bonino or Nieto didn’t make an appearance.
                San Jose played last night in Columbus.

Comment

• Well then that’s why!

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

I suspect they can get back to the 3 range fairly easily since someone has to get Ws the rest of the way. I think beyond that would be very, very hard without the autobid.
                    I’m no expert either - right now UConn (16) and Merrimack (18) are closest… but 5 of UConn’s last 8 games are against teams 47 and below (Yale, UNH, Alaska). Merrimack is in a similar situation with 5 of their last 9 against teams 42 and below (Maine, UNH, UVM). Id guess they have to run the table on those teams and then go over 500 in the others to have a chance….. or am I gauging the pairwise incorrectly?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

I’m no expert either - right now UConn (16) and Merrimack (18) are closest… but 5 of UConn’s last 8 games are against teams 47 and below (Yale, UNH, Alaska). Merrimack is in a similar situation with 5 of their last 9 against teams 42 and below (Maine, UNH, UVM). Id guess they have to run the table on those teams and then go over 500 in the others to have a chance….. or am I gauging the pairwise incorrectly?
                      Wins over bad teams eventually are enough to add up to a few spots in the PWR. Especially because the other teams near them will also play games - if you win more games than them, more times than not you'll move ahead. Not a guarantee, though. But I'd be shocked if HE got only 1 in (even though that'd be an incredibly good thing for us...), and I'd be very surprised if it got only 2.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Will be interesting to see this weeks USCHO/USA Todays rankings....a lot of upsets in the top 4 teams...BU could move up. Granted its meaningless as the only thing that really matters is pairwise but its fun to watch anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                          Will be interesting to see this weeks USCHO/USA Todays rankings....a lot of upsets in the top 4 teams...BU could move up. Granted its meaningless as the only thing that really matters is pairwise but its fun to watch anyways.
                          Up one slot from #5 to #4, but with two first-place votes. https://www.uscho.com/rankings/
                          Of last week's USCHO top 12, only BU, St. Cloud and Western Michigan won all its games.
                          Last edited by Rogie21; 01-23-2023, 11:45 AM.
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Providence has 6 ties????

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Up one slot from #5 to #4, but with two first-place votes. https://www.uscho.com/rankings/
                              Of last week's USCHO top 12, only BU, St. Cloud and Western Michigan won all its games.
                              We have a very tough schedule rest of the way. Curious what we think the winning percentage of these games will be?

Comment

• Originally posted by meauxmo View Post

We have a very tough schedule rest of the way. Curious what we think the winning percentage of these games will be?
                                I just took a look and I don’t think it is any worse than any other portion of the schedule this season. Certainly not for a team with top ten aspirations.

Another against Maine, 2x vs Vermont, 2x against PC who isn’t as good as recent years, 2x vs MC who is coming back to Earth. OTOH, I would call BC tough regardless of record. NU isn’t great but still can be tough. Harvard as a potential second round Beanpot is tough.

If BU is truly a top 10 team, they should be well above .500 the rest of the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X