Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU: '22-'23 Season: Sail The Boats

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Do goals and assists from an exhibition game count? There was a tweet after the game on Saturday about how Quinn Hutson wanted to score 15 goals this season and he scored three Saturday night but since it was an exhibition game, I was curious if those counted in his season totals.
    Games against Canadian colleges only count if you want to say your spectacular freshman scored 100 points and that you had 42, instead of 40 wins ;-)

    I guess the rules in the case of the 1993 Maine team were that it was up to the team...so they counted their two easy wins against Univ. of New Brunswick (?, I think) and the 9 or 11 points that Paul Kariya had in those two games. For the record, he was the best player I've ever watched in NCAA Hockey (with Eichel a close second) so he was deserving of the Hobey regardless of what his true point total was. But I never liked that they counted those two games. Remember Eichel's first game where he had something like 4 assists in the first period (on all those goals by Ahti Oksanen)? I think he finished with 6 points in that game but those didn't get added to his 71 points on the season.

    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by defkit View Post

      Games against Canadian colleges only count if you want to say your spectacular freshman scored 100 points and that you had 42, instead of 40 wins ;-)

      I guess the rules in the case of the 1993 Maine team were that it was up to the team...so they counted their two easy wins against Univ. of New Brunswick (?, I think) and the 9 or 11 points that Paul Kariya had in those two games. For the record, he was the best player I've ever watched in NCAA Hockey (with Eichel a close second) so he was deserving of the Hobey regardless of what his true point total was. But I never liked that they counted those two games. Remember Eichel's first game where he had something like 4 assists in the first period (on all those goals by Ahti Oksanen)? I think he finished with 6 points in that game but those didn't get added to his 71 points on the season.
      Hutson’s hat trick against Waterloo was the most goals scored by a Terrier in an exhibition game since Patrick Harper introduced himself to BU fans with five goals in a 10-2 win against Prince Edward Island on Oct. 1, 2016. Clayton Keller, also a freshman, had a hat trick as well.
      https://youtu.be/-rK1_1XLPeA
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by hydrant View Post
        For people interested, the Michigan hockey schedule says both games against BU will be on B1G+ .

        The most cost efficient way to watch the games is (from second link)

        Step 1: Choose School Pass

        Step 2: Choose Michigan (when selecting school)

        Step 3: Purchase the pass for 1 month at $9.95


        If you were to purchase by sport, the only option available is to purchase a season long pass at $60.

        The games are not scheduled to be shown on B1G network or FS1. Makes sense because they'll generate $ from people buying these passes.


        https://mgoblue.com/sports/mens-ice-...m=paidsearch&u tm_campaign=hockeyevergreen&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhY-aBhCUARIsALNIC07mNVymzpZPwzrkokBARvRxpOFiFbFrh2cYi oVhEx3_4G1G5dnX1rsaAl7hEALw_wcB

        (Above is just my source from Michigan schedule showing where the games will be televised)

        (Below is link directing to B1G+ subscription selection/payment)

        https://www.bigtenplus.com/en-int/page/payment
        Thank you!
        It Happened!!!!

        Comment


        • #49
          Didn't Friday night games used to be at 7:30? Did they change back to 7:00 before this year or am I losing my mind? I noticed the time for the game on the 21st on the scoreboard on Saturday night.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Didn't Friday night games used to be at 7:30? Did they change back to 7:00 before this year or am I losing my mind? I noticed the time for the game on the 21st on the scoreboard on Saturday night.
            Based on your recent posts you're definitely losing your mind. ;-) As for the time change, BU made it this season. They are also moving up Saturday game times beginning with the U18 exhibition after Thanksgiving (2pm). After that 3 of the final 4 Saturday games will be at 6pm, while the Cornell game will be at 4pm.

            Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

            BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

            Comment


            • #51
              So! This seems for real again doesn’t it. How many of these freshmen are wunderkunds who will move to pro quickly and how many are likely to be sailing boats til they burn again?

              Or will we not really know until they develop more?

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                So! This seems for real again doesn’t it. How many of these freshmen are wunderkunds who will move to pro quickly and how many are likely to be sailing boats til they burn again?

                Or will we not really know until they develop more?
                Hard to tell with Bentley and Waterloo being the only two games played. None of the freshmen are first round draft picks (only 3 drafted). Expecting at least 3 years each at least. Would have to light it up to leave after 2 IMO. Just look at Bowers and JFK leaving after 2 years.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Any expectations for this weekend? Personally, a split is the floor of my expectations. Mich probably have a more skilled team, but this is the oldest/deepest team we've had in a while. Don't see why we cant beat Mich.
                  Last edited by hydrant; 10-12-2022, 09:44 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by hydrant View Post
                    Any expectations for this weekend? Personally, a split is the floor of my expectations. They probably have a more skilled team, but this is the oldest/deepest team we've had in a while. Don't see why we cant beat Mich.
                    I think we need to jump them early in game 1 and then out muscle them in late game 2. I can live with a split, for sure but 2 wins or a win and tie would REALLY jump start this team.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I would be very happy with two well played games and one win. If we play well and get swept I won't consider it a terrible result. Michigan is very good and their barn is tough.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Spot on defkit. Given its on their sheet - any points this weekend is a win.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          With Skoog back in the lineup, I'm assuming it'll be

                          Phillips - O'brien - Brown
                          Tuch - Skoog - Peterson
                          Wilmer - Greene - Hutson
                          Zabaneh - Stevens - Kaplan
                          Armstrong or Carrabes as extra F

                          No change on D

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by hydrant View Post
                            With Skoog back in the lineup, I'm assuming it'll be

                            Phillips - O'brien - Brown
                            Tuch - Skoog - Peterson
                            Wilmer - Greene - Hutson
                            Zabaneh - Stevens - Kaplan
                            Armstrong or Carrabes as extra F

                            No change on D
                            Seems right. if it doesn't go well tonight, maybe Jarman gets a shot on Sunday. Pandolfo commented that he looked good against Waterloo.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              If I wasn't watching my team's game tonight I'd be real interested in watching how you and Michigan do against each other tonight.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                https://twitter.com/MadCapsHockey/st...616512/photo/1
                                Musa not showing a BU commitment anymore.
                                The Umile legacy:
                                14-15 8th place,
                                15-16 10th place
                                16-17 10th place
                                17-18 11th place
                                18-19 8th place
                                19-20 9th place
                                20-21 10th place
                                21-22 9th place

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X