Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU: '22-'23 Season: Sail The Boats

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Found this article saying 2016 marked the 37th year of covering the championship game and 22nd of covering the Frozen Four. That would put the first year of covering semifinals as 1994 (ESPN2 went on the air in Oct 1993). So I would say no ESPN for the Colgate game in 1990 (or at least no broadcast on ESPN)

    https://www.espnfrontrow.com/2016/04...pn-since-1980/

    Comment


    • Originally posted by defkit View Post

      This is interesting. I definitely heard the same reason for the numbers replacing the dogs. But in looking through my "Images of Sports" series on BU Hockey here is what I see (there are tons of photos)

      - The "Jack Garrity"/"Eichel in the Frozen Four" jerseys had nothing but the words Boston University
      - The numbers first appeared sometime between 1953 and 1959
      - The first images that show the Terrier are of Vic Stanfield, Ed Walsh, Bill Buckton, around 1974 (the photo of Walsh says it is from the 1974 Beanpot)
      - It looks like the numbers returned around 83-84. The photo of the 1984 ECAC title game against RPI has the numbers.
      The numbers on the front replaced the Terrier because the pressbox at Walter Brown Arena is in the endzone (the TV booth was added much later) and it was difficult for media, particularly broadcasters, to identify the players coming towards them.
      That is not a problem at Agganis. It wouldn't bother me if the dog stayed and the numbers stayed off the fronts.

      Glad to see Cornell back on the schedule besides Red Hot Hockey. In the late-60s to late-80s, it was a bigger rivalry than with BC. Maybe Harvard, too. And that is not to minimize the BC games.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

        Glad to see Cornell back on the schedule besides Red Hot Hockey. In the late-60s to late-80s, it was a bigger rivalry than with BC. Maybe Harvard, too. And that is not to minimize the BC games.
        Hell, even OC said along the effects of ‘we can beat bc any ole time’

        and didn’t we chant “1949” with glee (until some old **** had the song banned in 2000-2001 and jinxed us all, allowing bc to win that season and **** us all in the ***…
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

        Comment


        • Going to take a ride down for a maine game this weekend, is all your ticketing only done through ticketmaster?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
            Going to take a ride down for a maine game this weekend, is all your ticketing only done through ticketmaster?
            Yes. In checking Ticketmaster, there's still a fair # of tickets available for both games.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
              Going to take a ride down for a maine game this weekend, is all your ticketing only done through ticketmaster?
              Yes, but you can buy at the door to avoid fees.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Tater View Post

                Yes, but you can buy at the door to avoid fees.
                Yeah those fees. Thanks

                Comment


                • Three Terriers - Dom Fensore, Matt Brown and Lane Hutson - are 2023 Hobey Baker Award nominees. The links on this page to each athlete aren't built yet so I'm not sure why this was released, but whatever.

                  Comment


                  • BU gets commitment for next year on the back end.

                    https://twitter.com/coreypronman/sta...08031838273537

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by hydrant View Post
                      BU gets commitment for next year on the back end.

                      https://twitter.com/coreypronman/sta...08031838273537
                      Was recently named an All-Star at the World Junior A Challenge this past December.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by hydrant View Post

                        Was recently named an All-Star at the World Junior A Challenge this past December.
                        Sweden's Tom Willander, 6'1" RD, is ranked #16 among international skaters by NHL Central Scouting. 6th ranked defenseman. Prior to the WJACs, he was a B-ranked skater by Central Scouting. Also played in Hlinka-Gretzky tournament this summer.
                        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

                        Comment


                        • Game day! And it's snowing. (Weee!)

                          Let-down concerns against a lower tier Maine team? The students are back, here's hoping the building has some buzz.
                          It Happened!!!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            Game day! And it's snowing. (Weee!)

                            Let-down concerns against a lower tier Maine team? The students are back, here's hoping the building has some buzz.
                            Yeah, I was thinking that. (I'm sure you're all shocked)

                            Was looking at the HE standings. Surprised that BC has only played 19 games overall. And UNH has played 25. That's a big gap this late in the season, don't you think? And as a follow up to my previous post about the three BU Hobey candidates, I also noticed former Terrier Robert Mastrosimone on the list. Good for him.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              Game day! And it's snowing. (Weee!)

                              Let-down concerns against a lower tier Maine team? The students are back, here's hoping the building has some buzz.
                              In his media call, Pandolfo pointed out that Maine is 7-2-1 in its last 10 (after an awful start), noting that Maine is structured, good on the forecheck and hard to play against. They don't score that much, but Ostman has a 1.95 and keeps them in games.
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

                                Yeah, I was thinking that. (I'm sure you're all shocked)

                                Was looking at the HE standings. Surprised that BC has only played 19 games overall. And UNH has played 25. That's a big gap this late in the season, don't you think? And as a follow up to my previous post about the three BU Hobey candidates, I also noticed former Terrier Robert Mastrosimone on the list. Good for him.
                                BC thinks their Ivy League, soooo... (According to CHN it's PC with 25 games played. UNH at 24. BU is at 21.)
                                It Happened!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X