This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
    I saw tonight that future BU recruit Gavin McCarthy was part of OHL trade for Shane Wright- Hope it is not a bad sign
    Pretty sure Kingston will try to sign him -projected to be a strong draft choice- hopefully his brother will encouraage him to come to BU
    I was talking with his dad in Arizona and he made it sound like Gavin was coming to BU, but that was a few days before this news so who knows.

Comment

• Haven't read anything about it, but I'd expect Luke Krys, brother of Chad and son of Mark, to be at BU next season. Most ivy league seniors will look to play another year of hockey because Ivy league does not allow grad students to play sports. Plays a lot of minutes at Brown, seems could be a good player to add for a season and bring experience/depth on the back end. Again, haven't read anything on this but if he were to play somewhere else for a year it would shock me if it weren't BU.

Comment

• Originally posted by hydrant View Post
        Haven't read anything about it, but I'd expect Luke Krys, brother of Chad and son of Mark, to be at BU next season. Most ivy league seniors will look to play another year of hockey because Ivy league does not allow grad students to play sports. Plays a lot of minutes at Brown, seems could be a good player to add for a season and bring experience/depth on the back end. Again, haven't read anything on this but if he were to play somewhere else for a year it would shock me if it weren't BU.
        A few days ago, Mark Divver tweeted that several Brown senior defensemen are expected to enter the portal. Krys is their top defenseman and team captain as well. A year ago he had 13 points (3G,10A), so he had a hand in 25% of Brown's 50 total goals. Was 2nd team all-Ivy, led D1 in blocks/game and was 2nd in total blocks. He'd bring some size at 6'2" (Chad was 5'11", dad Mark 6'0") and experience/leadership to a group losing four seniors. He'd be ideal if he was a left shot (he isn't) b/c Lane Hutson and Cade Webber are the only returning left shots and both Gavin McCarthy and Aiden Cellibrini are also right shots.

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        I was talking with his dad in Arizona and he made it sound like Gavin was coming to BU, but that was a few days before this news so who knows.
        McCarthy is highly regarded for the upcoming draft. Several lists have him going early 2nd round. Makes sense for Kingston to acquire his rights just in case (no pun intended). As defkit tweeted in a thread about the trade, we've had a few guys leave for MJ (Tyler Boucher, Kieffer Bellows, Charlie Coyle, Yasin Cisse?). FWIW, someone on that thread suggested that Kingston is the worst OHL franchise.
        Last edited by Rogie21; 01-11-2023, 07:20 AM.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Former Terrier great Dave Tomlinson will be at the game tonight. He's one of the radio guys for the Seattle Kraken and they're in Boston to play the Bruins tomorrow.

Comment

• A hard-fought win against a quality opponent. Congrats!

Comment

• Were we that good, or was UMass just that bad? They looked like they were standing still most of the night. We really handled them this year. To the tune of 18-5!

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post
                Were we that good, or was UMass just that bad? They looked like they were standing still most of the night. We really handled them this year. To the tune of 18-5!
                We played great. UMass is BAD.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Just to inject a random thought into the string, what ever became of Dylan Silverstein - the BC recruit who withdrew from BC and seems to have just completely disappeared?

Comment

• The game of the year is on Saturday. I don't want to hear Scarlet, or that mookie character, or anyone else say otherwise

Last edited by Red Hockey; 01-12-2023, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
                      The game of the year is on Saturday. I don't want to hear Scarlet, or that mookie character, or anyone else say otherwise

It should be a great game. Battle of contrasting styles - BU's high-octane offense predicated by its skill & fast pace vs. Cornell's size, neutral and d-zone structure.

Admittedly BU has struggled this season vs. opponents who play a similar style as Cornell (re: Lowell, Michigan Tech). It'll be interesting to see what lessons BU has learned in those games that can be applied towards hopefully a W vs. Cornell.

Comment

• Fun night at the rink! It is amazing how BU seems to have UMass's number of late. Heck, even Albie coached teams pantsed them. : ) But that last night was an excellent team effort from the boys in Scarlet and white.

Fun Tweet, this: https://twitter.com/TerrierHockey/st...KpAPQhYmO1iKng

BU Hockey: Back to Being BU Hockey
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
                          The game of the year is on Saturday. I don't want to hear Scarlet, or that mookie character, or anyone else say otherwise

make sure you guys behave. no bringing the band!!! leave them up in the lakes.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

We played great. UMass is BAD.
                            True.
                            This is not a good UMass team. And when they have been good, BU has handled them.
                            UMass has won 14 times in the series' 92 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                              You can read David Warner's thoughts about that. He thinks BU was looking past Penn.

As for Penn, beside Coach Crocker perhaps feeling like he should have been the BU head coach, the whole team likely felt that they were disrespected when BU was given the last home ice slot over them. Based on records Penn finished 4th in the ECAC, but playoff spots and home ice were given out by the men in the smoke filled room back then.

Sean
                              If he had become BU HC, consider how differently BU hockey history may have played out.
                              Last edited by buoldtimer; 01-12-2023, 05:17 PM.
                              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

make sure you guys behave. no bringing the band!!! leave them up in the lakes.

No guarantees. They'll need to warm up for the game on the other side of Allston at Lynah East at the end of the month

Comment

Working...
                                X