Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love this team. They appear to be well coached and have a strong and positive culture. I love that they didn’t give up and played very well in the third, but … Sooner or later, they need to win one of these comeback games.

Any news on Armstrong? Any interesting Terriers in the house this weekend, Scarlet? Bernie hinted on Friday that Mike Sullivan might make an appearance.
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      I love this team. They appear to be well coached and have a strong and positive culture. I love that they didn’t give up and played very well in the third, but … Sooner or later, they need to win one of these comeback games.

Any news on Armstrong? Any interesting Terriers in the house this weekend, Scarlet? Bernie hinted on Friday that Mike Sullivan might make an appearance.
      Kenny Rausch showed up. I don’t think Mike Sullivan was there. Of course, Mike Eruzione was there.

Comment

• Armstrong was in a walking boot yesterday, no crutches and no apparent limp. I heard it was an ankle injury of some kind, don't know how serious.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Kenny Rausch showed up. I don’t think Mike Sullivan was there. Of course, Mike Eruzione was there.
          https://twitter.com/BU_FoH/status/1611953585209888768

Learned recently that Kenny was a total walk-on, not a recruited walk-on like John Curry. Lots of clutch goals and during the 94-95 season when there were blueline injuries, he played defense for several games and did a great job.
          Last edited by Rogie21; 01-08-2023, 11:51 AM.
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
            Not a good trend in losing arguably their two biggest games of the season. This one and the BC game. Commesso has been questionable in both. He needed to bail out his team in the first and didn’t look great especially with the third goal flopping. At this point of the season they don’t have a signature win yet and I think BC has surpassed them how they are playing and they have the most dangerous player in
            the league in Gauthier.
            Commesso still had a lingering illness against BC, and should not have played. They should have gone with Duplessis in that game, since Commesso was not 100%.
            Michigan Tech scored on their first two shots and three of their first eight, then Commesso shut them down.

Two biggest games of the season? BC and Michigan Tech? You're having a laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
              I think he was thinking more 1) BU's arch-rival and 2) a tournament championship game. The 2 biggest games of the season so far.

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

Commesso still had a lingering illness against BC, and should not have played. They should have gone with Duplessis in that game, since Commesso was not 100%.
                Michigan Tech scored on their first two shots and three of their first eight, then Commesso shut them down.

What were your two biggest games so far this year?

And yes Commesso shut them down after BU went down 3-0 leaving a tough hill to climb against a good team thus the comment keeping the team in the game.
                Last edited by Jofa; 01-08-2023, 07:00 PM.

Comment

What were your two biggest games so far this year?

And yes Commesso shut them down after BU went down 3-0 leaving a tough hill to climb against a good team thus the comment keeping the team in the game.
                  Michigan game he was hurt and the BC game he reportedly just got out the hospital the day prior and shouldn’t have played. Please don’t say the desert classic is a big game….it’s just anither game. Are you capable of watching and seeing a breakdown in defensive zone coverage? The first goal was a man left wide out front in the slot where the kid ripped top corner, 2nd was a one timer and third was a breakaway goal on a stretch pass. It’s a team game and not every goal you can blame on the goalie. The kid has played in international tournaments, world juniors and Olympics - he isn’t getting rattled playing Michigan tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Michigan game he was hurt and the BC game
                    he reportedly just got out the hospital the day prior and shouldn’t have played. Are you capable of watching and seeing a breakdown in defensive zone coverage? The fist goal was a man left wide out front in the slot where the kid ripped top corner, 2nd was a one timer and third was a breakaway goal on a stretch pass. It’s a team game and not every goal you can blame on the goalie.
                    Yes I watch the games and understand defensive coverage wise guy. Sometimes the goalie has to come up big maybe at-least one of those 3 opportunities. Thus “keeping your team in the game”. Why is this concept so hard to understand. And the third goal he could have defended much better. We are talking about a future NHL goalie no? The standards are higher. Michigan game where was that mentioned?

Comment

Yes I watch the games and understand defensive coverage wise guy. Sometimes the goalie has to come up big maybe at-least one of those 3 opportunities. Thus “keeping your team in the game”. Why is this concept so hard to understand. And the third goal he could have defended much better. We are talking about a future NHL goalie no? The standards are higher. Michigan game where was that mentioned?
                      Do nhl goalies give up goals?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Learned recently that Kenny was a total walk-on, not a recruited walk-on like John Curry. Lots of clutch goals and during the 94-95 season when there were blueline injuries, he played defense for several games and did a great job.
                        Kenny is a top-five all time Terrier for me.

There's a tremendous interview with Kenny from the HockeyIQ podcast: https://youtu.be/xt3Ky9m_rR8
                        It's 2 years old, but there's still great info on his career journey, coaching philosophies, and the USA Hockey Development Model.

Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Mookie misses the days when the terriors skated guys attending on baseball scholarships :-)
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Mookie misses the days when the terriors skated guys attending on baseball scholarships :-)
                            I once went to a minor league (likely single A game) in the Norfolk area and randomly, Dan Donato was playing...Note: while I still remember stats from the 90s, some aspects of my memory aren't the best, so I could be a little off, but I think he was in the Yankees organization? Or maybe the Norfolk team was. I am pretty sure he was on the visiting team.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• I saw tonight that future BU recruit Gavin McCarthy was part of OHL trade for Shane Wright- Hope it is not a bad sign
                              Pretty sure Kingston will try to sign him -projected to be a strong draft choice- hopefully his brother will encouraage him to come to BU

Comment

• Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
                                Kenny is a top-five all time Terrier for me.

There's a tremendous interview with Kenny from the HockeyIQ podcast: https://youtu.be/xt3Ky9m_rR8
                                It's 2 years old, but there's still great info on his career journey, coaching philosophies, and the USA Hockey Development Model.
                                Thanks for posting that interview. Rausch tells in detail how he became a walk-on, made the roster (thanks to Keith Tkachuk's departure), and cracked the line-up for a New Year's tournament. More about him on the blog.

Originally posted by defkit View Post

I once went to a minor league (likely single A game) in the Norfolk area and randomly, Dan Donato was playing...Note: while I still remember stats from the 90s, some aspects of my memory aren't the best, so I could be a little off, but I think he was in the Yankees organization? Or maybe the Norfolk team was. I am pretty sure he was on the visiting team.
                                https://greensboro.com/donato-thrive...52053aada.html
                                Good story on Donato’s early minor league years. He did sign with the Yankees, had a couple of good seasons at the AA level and 17 games at AAA Durham. https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=donato002dan

Herb Wakabayashi played baseball his senior year, hitting .367 in 49 at bats. Quite a few BU hockey players in the 60s also played baseball. Bob Crocker was head baseball coach as well as Jack Kelley’s assistant.
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X