No announcement yet.

BU: '22-'23 Season: Sail The Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Much more important win than the loss to BC!

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      Drew in net again today. Strong disagree with that move.
      As we're all aware, I have no idea what I'm talking about.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Well, that was certainly a much better effort than Friday night.

Comment

• Big win and comeback from Friday. A little hectic at the end, but we held. Good semester with 11 wins. Good position in the HE standings. Do you believe Merrimack is the team to beat right now? They are 3 in the PWR. Don’t have them until after the Beanpot. We’re finally in good shape going into the holidays - 7 in PWR.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

As we're all aware, I have no idea what I'm talking about.
            I also have no idea what I am talking about.

Comment

• Teams in all sports are such copycats these days. Friday night, Jack Edwards was saying how the analytics show that it's better to shoot for the empty net even from your own end rather than gaining the red line first. I just don't see it (yeah, maybe just as many pucks go IN, but that analysis is in a vacuum and doesn't account for the damage incurred by giving UP a goal with tired players on the ice and more faceoffs in our own end - not to mention it doesn't take much time off the clock).

To me, it's similar to that stupid "drop pass" that everyone was using on the power play. Yeah, it sure was hectic at the end, because they just whipped it towards the empty net instead of using up some time, getting it to center ice and then dumping the puck deep.
              Last edited by chickod; 12-11-2022, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Just noticed: Jake Wise has 18 points in 18 games for OSU. Good for him. To bad it didn’t work out at BU.

Comment

• Looks like Friday night's loss didn't hurt too much in the polls. Or PWR. All things considered, finishing the first half 11-5 is not too shabby, especially since previous first halves have not been too kind. Out of the five losses, the one I most want back is the OT loss to UConn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Looks like Friday night's loss didn't hurt too much in the polls. Or PWR. All things considered, finishing the first half 11-5 is not too shabby, especially since previous first halves have not been too kind. Out of the five losses, the one I most want back is the OT loss to UConn.
                    BU Hockey Stats tweeted: Terriers enter the Holiday break 11-5-0. The last two seasons that they entered the break with 11 wins, 2008-09 and 2014-15.
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Something not to be overlooked this season is that BU has bounced back following each L with a W. While it's frustrating that this team doesn't seem to play their best on Fridays (2-5-0), there's resiliency and they're not letting bad games snowball into losing streaks.

Comment

• It appears that despite scoring 2 goals in final scrimmage today that Ryan Greene did not make the canadian junior team
                        Have always felt they never liked having college players supplant Canadian junior players on team

with Zabaneh scoring twice twice over the weekend do they have to find a spot for him besides being the extra forward

Comment

• Did anyone else watch the game on ESPN+? They pulled in from the feed on the scoreboard to show the split screen with Joe and Michael Pereira only they had Joe's name on Michael and Michael's name on Joe. The photos they used had each in their school's gear. How do you screw that up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            - Pyrotechnics during intros? Really? Is this minor league hockey?
                            I saw a photo of the intros and saw the pyrotechnics. As someone who works for an insurance company, I was wondering how they got that by their safety team.

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            - A hockey rink without a center scoreboard is an unforgivable sin.
                            I've been saying that about Conte since it opened. I hate no center ice scoreboard. When I walk in an arena from the concourse, my eyes immediately go to the center to see if the score or time left. Mullins didn't have one for the longest time. Says to me that both those arenas were built for basketball. Mullins finally added one but it's just a huge monitor. There's no running time or score on it when live action is being shown. Some wasted real estate on it.

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            And finally, how was the TV broadcast. I heard rumblings that Bucci sounded like a BC homer. Was Colby on color or between the glass?
                            Colby was in the booth with Buccigross. I listened to some of the The Boston Hockey Fan Blog's podcast and he was interviewed and said he asked the Blackhawks for the night off so he could do this game. He has really done well with his broadcasting gig. I thought he sounded great. Bucci is Bucci. It was Jerry York Night so he had to fawn. Didn't bother me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

BU Hockey Stats tweeted: Terriers enter the Holiday break 11-5-0. The last two seasons that they entered the break with 11 wins, 2008-09 and 2014-15.
                              One of those worked out ok….the other, not so much
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Did anyone else watch the game on ESPN+? They pulled in from the feed on the scoreboard to show the split screen with Joe and Michael Pereira only they had Joe's name on Michael and Michael's name on Joe. The photos they used had each in their school's gear. How do you screw that up?
                                Yes. Their graphics are terrible. Constant errors. In the previous game when they put up the between period stats they actually had the SCORE wrong. In one instance they had things reversed, and in another they had a line which said Power Plays: 1/3 when the team hadn't scored a goal yet.

I have said this before...for a network that supposedly is making such a big push to show hockey (and maybe they just focus more on the NHL level), they sure do a mediocre job. Half the time they don't put up the penalty clock. I noticed on a 4 on 4 they don't put it up, as though the time doesn't matter because both teams are at even strength.

Frustrating, but it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X