BU: '22-'23 Season: Sail The Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OldAlum View Post

I agree that BC's incoming group for next year looks very strong. I was impressed by many of them in the NTDP-18 game. However, we should remember that today's 'commit' can be tomorrow's de-commit (witness: Ryan Fine). Commitments don't seem to mean what they used to, and the 'free agent' NCAA rules of today only further that. And, with the season BC is having, it may shake some loose given the change of regime at the 'Heights'.
    I would also mention that I think we will see less decommitments and mutual partings now that players can't verbal until just before their junior year of high school. Certainly there will still be some, but maybe more focused on teams that change coaches.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I have no idea who that is. He played here? When?
      Trying to decide if you are joking. On the one hand, you don't usually joke in that way. On the other hand, it's been less than a calendar year since he left. I know we are getting old, but....

Comment

• I had to think for more than 5 seconds on Boucher. I think he was highly touted but unremarkable. I just remember he was a penalty machine and his dad whined in the press about the lameness of the calls. That was him, right?

Comment

• Follow up - contacted TD Garden ticketing and account management who fixed something - so the bean pot link now worked for me. If anyone has issues they were helpful and quick.
          Last edited by ericredaxe; 12-07-2022, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

Trying to decide if you are joking. On the one hand, you don't usually joke in that way. On the other hand, it's been less than a calendar year since he left. I know we are getting old, but....
            I wasn't joking but after BU93's post, it came back to me. I remember he was one of four Ty/Tyler's on the team. And his dad being a former NHLer. Probably need to start taking gingko boloba or something. My mind is a sieve!!

Also, day before our first match up with BC and hardly any chatter?? I will not be in attendance but will be watching. Is Commesso feeling better? I hate that Canada won't let Ryan and the other NCAA-er finish out the semester. The US kids don't have to report till after this weekend.

Comment

Also, day before our first match up with BC and hardly any chatter?? I will not be in attendance but will be watching. Is Commesso feeling better? I hate that Canada won't let Ryan and the other NCAA-er finish out the semester. The US kids don't have to report till after this weekend.
              I'm going! First time going to a BU-BC game at Conte in forever.

Hoping Commesso is healthy. They'll need him this weekend.

BU/BC Hockey: New Era
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• I have a work event so will not be there. Also going to try to avoid seeing a result until I get back home Saturday morning and will watch the ESPNEWS recording.

I think Boucher could still turn into a good player, but taking him at #10 was a big stretch by whoever that was. And yes, he took a lot of penalties and his famous dad complained.

Comment

• On the extra eligibility question, I wonder if some might transfer only because they want to play another year and the coaches essentially are ready for them to move on and create space for incoming freshmen.

I forget who all the seniors are but someone like Sam Stevens would be a welcome returnee in my mind. Seems to be improving, undrafted, plays a smart game that the coaches probably like. I imagine McCarthy will leave, Skoog as well (likely have some bidders for his services). I have no idea if the Flyers still have JOB's rights given how many years since drafted. But if they do, unless he really picks up the pace, I would imagine they will try to sign him, but won't be overly aggressive in doing so. But who knows.

Comment

• BU/BC game day trivia: Who scored the first goal at Conte Forum? (And yes, I was there. Yes, I'm old.)
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      BU/BC game day trivia: Who scored the first goal at Conte Forum? (And yes, I was there. Yes, I'm old.)
                      Ville Kentala!!!! Maybe had two goals that game?

I remember listening to that game on my portable radio while working at the Claflin Snack Bar...

Comment

• Stupid dentist appointment or I would have beat you to it defkit!!! I was there, too. But I'm not old. Well, OK. So I completely forgot about a player from last season. But I remember Ville Kentala's goal!!

Comment

• Found this clip on YouTube. Evan Rodrigues was such a good player.

Comment

Found this clip on YouTube. Evan Rodrigues was such a good player.
                            That was fun. And so good to hear Dave Goucher on the call.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

Ville Kentala!!!! Maybe had two goals that game?

I remember listening to that game on my portable radio while working at the Claflin Snack Bar...
                              Ville and mookie were in Operations Management together. ahhh the days of smg :-)
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• I was there that night. Didn't remember who scored. I do remember BU ruined BC's night. The other thing I remember is getting soaked in the nasty rain that night.

Comment

Working...
                                X