X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Check
    replied
    Originally posted by chickod View Post

Yes, Jaffe is WAY better and he's current with both the college and pro game. Nice guy too...spoke with him at length a few years ago at the Worcester regional when we played Michigan (of course, Billy played for Michigan). Melrose is a has been.
    Melrose doesn't even put in the bare minimum of preparation. Agree that Jaffe is excellent. He'd be great in that role.

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    ...the lack of coverage of BU making it to Tampa in the local media is astounding. WHDH was the only one of the local news stories that showed anything on Saturday. Maybe that's a good thing for now. I watch NECN in the mornings and the two women who anchor the 7:00am-10:00am news are both BU alums and they gushed considerably on Beanpot Monday and we all know what happened. Yesterday morning it was all about UConn making the Final Four.
    You're joking, right? You're been here for HOW long???? The ONLY school in Boston that gets any "coverage" is BC. And even less for hockey (except the Beanpot). College basketball is about the only "non-professional" sport that gets mentioned (other than the high school football specials, or when Mike Lynch used to do the "High 5" segments. They'll mention it on Thursday night (when you won't be there to see/hear it) :smiley

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Ohhhhh that was in St. Paul, right? I should remember as I was there. The mind isn't what it once was.

When does the Hobey Hattrick get announced? This week or early next week? While I am not expecting Lane will win, I do think he has a legit shot at the final three.

Also, the lack of coverage of BU making it to Tampa in the local media is astounding. WHDH was the only one of the local news stories that showed anything on Saturday. Maybe that's a good thing for now. I watch NECN in the mornings and the two women who anchor the 7:00am-10:00am news are both BU alums and they gushed considerably on Beanpot Monday and we all know what happened. Yesterday morning it was all about UConn making the Final Four.

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied
    When was the last time BU played Minnesota? It can't be the games to close WBA and open Agganis, can it?
    2012. They lost 7-3 in the first round of the Regionals.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    When was the last time BU played Minnesota? It can't be the games to close WBA and open Agganis, can it?

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied
    Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    He knows nothing about college hockey for some reason ESPN thinks he is a huge celebrity star. He hasn’t been relevant for 20 years. Billy Jaffe is much better. Im not a huge Colby fan he is pretty vanilla and cliche. I like someone with an edge .
    Yes, Jaffe is WAY better and he's current with both the college and pro game. Nice guy too...spoke with him at length a few years ago at the Worcester regional when we played Michigan (of course, Billy played for Michigan). Melrose is a has been.

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied
    Originally posted by BU93 View Post

Does anybody think this guy is good for college hockey? I say this every year, I know.
    No

Leave a comment:

• Jofa
    replied
    Originally posted by defkit View Post
    I agree that Colby doesn't go out on a limb very often, but he is otherwise turning into an excellent color guy. And I think with more time he might get edgier. Still in the "don't rock the boat" phase.

I agree on Melrose - can we just be done with this guy?? Frankly it's pretty insulting that he gets to show up for the last two days of the season. I used to like him but am just tired of him at this point. Give Colby the #2 and pick someone new for the ice-level reporting.
    They need the color guy with the gravelly voice that does the BU games he’s not shy. Haha

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied
    I agree that Colby doesn't go out on a limb very often, but he is otherwise turning into an excellent color guy. And I think with more time he might get edgier. Still in the "don't rock the boat" phase.

I agree on Melrose - can we just be done with this guy?? Frankly it's pretty insulting that he gets to show up for the last two days of the season. I used to like him but am just tired of him at this point. Give Colby the #2 and pick someone new for the ice-level reporting.

Leave a comment:

• Jofa
    replied
    Originally posted by BU93 View Post

Does anybody think this guy is good for college hockey? I say this every year, I know.
    He knows nothing about college hockey for some reason ESPN thinks he is a huge celebrity star. He hasn’t been relevant for 20 years. Billy Jaffe is much better. Im not a huge Colby fan he is pretty vanilla and cliche. I like someone with an edge .

Leave a comment:

• BU93
    replied
    Originally posted by Tater View Post

Barry Melrose.

Leave a comment:

• Tater
    replied

Who else will be with them?

Barry Melrose. Cohen will be the third guy.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Originally posted by Bomber View Post

He's great. And I always learn something. I wish the Frozen Four booth was just him and Bucci.
    Who else will be with them?

For some reason Hockey East is giving out their weekly awards. Needless to say, BU won all of them. I just would have thought they would be done after the tournament.

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied
    Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
    Colby has improved tremendously in the broadcast booth. He's a delight to watch/listen to, complementing and balancing out Bucci's over-the-top play-by-play style.
    He's great. And I always learn something. I wish the Frozen Four booth was just him and Bucci.

Leave a comment:

• BU Fan 84
    replied
    It actually says they're shipping no later than April 7th. This means they could ship tonight, tomorrow, or any day between today and the 7th.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X