BU: '22-'23 Season: Sail The Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

You deserve a trophy for making it to the game despite incurring three traffic accidents. What does your car look like?
    Well played :-)

If you've seen The Wolf of Wall Street, then my car would likely look like DeCaprio's white Lamborghini Countach did after he tried to drive home after frying his brain with drugs.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Puck Preps seems to be an outlier on Fine. That's two deletions from the pipeline in 8 days, the other being Jack Musa. Given the guy who's heading recruiting now, that's not likely a coincidence. Pure speculation on my part: there are still a few high-end '04s and '05s who have yet to commit. And Chris Peters posted that Macklin Celebrini ( 2 more goals last night) might accelerate to arrive in 2023.
      Did these players (Fine & Musa) de-commit or did they have the acceptance of their commitment rescinded by BU? I would think none of the 04's or 05's would have signed a letter of intent yet, and maybe the 03's are still in that category too? I don't know. If the commitment was rescinded, is this something that does happen when there is a significant staff change, as we've been through recently?

And who, specifically, might there be in the 'uncommitted' pool of 04's or 05's that would be considered a 'catch' for BU?

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Was hoping the weekend splits were ending. This keeps up and rover will be back calling for prince pando’s head as albie 2.0
        Maybe I would if I could ever make it out to a game to see for myself! However I'm cutting Pando a lot of slack as it's going to take some time to get away from the Albie error, I mean era....
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by OldAlum View Post

Did these players (Fine & Musa) de-commit or did they have the acceptance of their commitment rescinded by BU? I would think none of the 04's or 05's would have signed a letter of intent yet, and maybe the 03's are still in that category too? I don't know. If the commitment was rescinded, is this something that does happen when there is a significant staff change, as we've been through recently?

And who, specifically, might there be in the 'uncommitted' pool of 04's or 05's that would be considered a 'catch' for BU?
          The twitter mentions of Musa and Fine say “no longer committed.” No other details. Fine committed to Harvard today. It’s not uncommon for commitments to end when a new coach is appointed, whether player- or coach-initiated. I don’t recall that happening at BU when Quinn departed. Of course, Albie had been DQ’s recruiter. After Quinn’s first season as head coach, Brendan Collier, Dalton MacAfee and Sam Kurker were shown the door.

Possible targets (purely my conjecture): Gabe Perrault, the second-leading scorer on the U18s and the son of NHLer Yanic Perrault. The NTDP U18s play BU on 11/26. Slovakian RD Maxim Strbak (correction, Sioux Falls) recently decommitted from Vermont. Played in the recent WJCs. Ranked #27 for the ’23 draft by The Hockey News.

However…given how young next year’s roster is likely to be, the coaches might want to add some experience through the portal. Lots of possibilities.
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Is it possible that some of the current senior class comes back with the granting of an extra year from covid
            I was thinking players such as Armstrong and Stevens who have limited pro potential could enhance their position with an increased role

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
              Is it possible that some of the current senior class comes back with the granting of an extra year from covid
              I was thinking players such as Armstrong and Stevens who have limited pro potential could enhance their position with an increased role
              I don't think the coaching staff would want to use scholarship money for them to stay (assuming Stevens gets some). If they want to pay to stay another year, be my guest!

Comment

• I was a little surprised BU didn't drop a spot or two in the polls. Not that I mind....

Comment

• Nice article on BU's culture change and strong buy-in. https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ure-Change.php

I'm seeing it and hearing it already.

BU Hockey: I'm Buying!
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Nice article on BU's culture change and strong buy-in. https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ure-Change.php

Yep. Have seen it, felt it, and I think under this staff and roster, there will be a lot of good things to come this season.

One of the hallmarks of a quality coach is how does their team respond after either a tough loss / really bad performance? How do they ensure a loss or being swept in a weekend series doesn't snowball into a long winless streak? How can they turn a quality win or 2 into a legit winning streak?

The next 7 games (2 Lowell, 2 UMASS, 2 NU, 1 Notre Dame) will all be very tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post

How can they turn a quality win or 2 into a legit winning streak?
                      Indeed. First game of last two series have been underwhelming to say the least. Need to show up both nights to get a sweep. No win will be easy, especially against some of the older teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        Nice article on BU's culture change and strong buy-in. https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ure-Change.php

inshalla
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• BU is partnering with Montreal-based Sportlogiq, which will provide advanced analytics and services to the coaches and hockey operations staff. Terriers are the first Hockey East school to partner with the AI technology company that currently works with 30 NHL teams and more than 150 professional, university and junior programs in North America and Europe. Details

Also, ICYMI https://***********/TerrierHockey/status/1585056958943330304?s=20&t=-m1m2vfpa65uaEAdBqTHcQ

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Is a reseller the only way to get tickets at HAA ? I am looking at the Jan 27th game and tickets are doubled or more and fees tacked on.

Maybe my nephew can get me tickets as a student.
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                              Is a reseller the only way to get tickets at HAA ? I am looking at the Jan 27th game and tickets are doubled or more and fees tacked on.

If actual tickets are sold out, yup
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                                Is a reseller the only way to get tickets at HAA ? I am looking at the Jan 27th game and tickets are doubled or more and fees tacked on.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/boston-...st=K8vZ9178fr0

There are plenty of seats still available that are non-reseller

Comment

Working...
                                X