Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Iowa! You’re the best!!

Comment

Any good places to eat around the arena?

Do they sell beer at the games?

Comment

BruinsFan,
        Colgate Inn is very good in downtown Hamilton, N.Y. There is also a good Indian restaurant (Royal India Grill) just adjacent.
        I also like the Solsville Hotel in nearby Madison, N.Y., for a fish fry and beer on Fridays.
        I believe that beer is available inside the Arena at one concession stand. I know it is available inside the Sullivan Suite.
        If you see an old, fat, balding man walking with a cane, wearing a white (home) Colgate hockey jersey and sitting under the Colgate media booth, say ‘hi’ as that is me.
        Tom S.
        Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-06-2022, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Will do my friend!

Comment

Since I drove to Marquette, Mich., in January for the Friday-Saturday Colgate at Northern Michigan series, which we lost 2-4 and 3-6, respectively, Colgate has gone 12-6-4 (including last weekend’s two exhibition wins). Obviously each team’s roster has changed a little since then, but I would submit that Colgate’s confidence has changed a lot (in the right direction).

Comment

Looking forward to seeing tonight's game on ESPN+. Covid sucks !
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Happy opening night everybody! I’ll be watching on ESPN+, and hope to make it to as many games as I can in person this season.
                Colgate '09

Comment

Carter Gylander led the team out onto the ice for pre-game warm-up tonight.
                  Charlie Glockner did the same for Northern Michigan.
                  ‘Gate students are on Fall break and BruinsFan is in the house (well, suite).

Colgate has PP and allows SHG with less than three minutes in first period.

Northern Michigan 9, Colgate 5, SOG after one.
                  Northern Michigan 1, Colgate 0, score after one.

We’ve made up the SOG differential, but three times we’ve given up the puck in our defensive end (including once by Carter Gylander, uncharacteristically). Northern Michigan has gotten behind our defense a couple of times, too.

Reminder… tomorrow’s game is 4 p.m. start.

Pierson Brandon with beautiful goal about midway through second period.

Power Play has not had a shining night so far.

Colgate 23, Northern Michigan 16, SOG after two.
                  Colgate 1, Northern Michigan 1, score after two.

Matt Verboon with beautifully set-up PPG.

Reid Irwin with 5-minute penalty and game misconduct. Northern Michigan scores quickly to tie things up.

Colgate short-handed last two minutes.
                  Northern Michigan scored on PP with 15.6 seconds left.

Colgate 32, Northern Michigan 31, SOG final.
                  Northern Michigan 3, Colgate 2, score final.
                  Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-07-2022, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                    Gate students are on Fall break and BruinsFan is in the house (well, suite).
                    Holy crap - are there even 50 people in the building?
                    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                    ECAC:
                    HEA: UMass
                    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Moose, a couple of hundred.
                      Kids are on Fall break, but that is no excuse.
                      We regularly draw hundreds, not thousands in five-year-old arena.

Comment

Sometimes a 90-minute drive home after a game isn’t all bad and tonight was one of those nights. From a fan’s perspective, it was a good game between two evenly matched teams. While it wasn’t Frozen Four caliber play by either team, it was entertaining. Both teams had opportunities on which they did not capitalize. Both teams made season-opening mistakes. Hopefully Colgate learned that it needs to stay out of the penalty box. While we only allowed one goal on the 5-minute major, that long penalty-kill effort didn’t help matters when we needed it again in the final two minutes. And some things don’t change… Don V. hasn’t lost his passion for the game in year 30 as evidenced by his screaming at the refs following our too-many-men-on-the-ice penalty, and our team never gives up. Never. Well, we just need to put tonight’s frustration(s) behind us and come out flying tomorrow afternoon.
                        P.S. - Interesting final results tonight… New Hampshire over Clarkson in Potsdam, Quinnipiac over BC in Chestnut Hill, Miami over UMass Lowell in Lowell, Niagara over Omaha in Omaha, Saint Lawrence over Merrimack, and Arizona State scoreless tie at Bemidji.

Comment

Was a good hockey game.

I thought Colgate’s goalie (after a soft first goal) and NMich’s captain were the best players on the ice tonight.

Very even game- the 5 min major came on a 1v4 in the defensive zone on a NMich line change and just no reason to put yourself in that position as a defenseman (covering face emoji).

Not a fan of the penalty call w 2 mins left.

Nice arena, Sullivan suite is solid. Good to meet you Tom!

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                            Arizona State scoreless tie at Bemidji.
                            ASU beat Bemidji 3-0
                            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                            ECAC:
                            HEA: UMass
                            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Improvement after rather pathetic first period...I think we going to miss Elliott McDermott who transferred to a winning program at UMass...

Comment

Blame me for last night’s loss. I said I was going to watch on ESPN+ and then something family-related came up, so I didn’t tune in.

But we allowed a shorthanded goal, and that is a cardinal sin in hockey. Take that away and we’re looking at a 1-goal lead with NMU pulling their goalie late in the 3rd. On the other hand, we took a penalty late in the 3rd which lead to the game-winning PPG. There’s no excuses for that.

But hey, hockey’s back and we can redeem ourselves this afternoon.
                                Colgate '09

Comment

Working...
                                X