Colgate 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is interesting.
    Last year, in Hamilton, we beat ASU 8-3, then lost 4-3 in OT.
    This year, in Tempe, we lost 2-0, then won 4-0.
    Also last year, in Hamilton, we beat Merrimack 2-1 in OT, then lost 5-3.
    This coming weekend, we take on Merrimack in North Andover, Mass.
    Also last year, in Burlington, we beat Vermont 5-3 then 2-1.
    In two weeks, we host Vermont in Hamilton as part of Silver Puck weekend.
    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-16-2022, 12:29 PM.

Comment

You saw the game Shabby?

Comment

It was like 2 wholly different teams on Friday vs Saturday. However, congratulations on the win!

Comment

Sol Diablo, I would think that the coaching staff and/or the team leadership have to be credited for that fact.
          I thought both goaltenders had a great weekend and their respective shutouts were well-deserved.
          The Mullett Arena is fantastic and the staff were super-friendly, inside and outside of it.
          As I was leaving the arena last night, the ‘three stars’ were announced. I got a kick out of the fact that Colgate players were named the third and second stars in the 4-0 shutout, while an ASU player received the number one star of the game. Too much fun!
          And thanks for your help on my trips last year to Oceanside and this year to the Mullett. Continued good-luck this season.

Comment

Thanks for the updates Iowa and I hope you enjoyed the trip out to Arizona.

I'm hoping to make it up to North Andover on Saturday and get a first-hand look at this year's team.
            Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
              Sol Diablo, I would think that the coaching staff and/or the team leadership have to be credited for that fact.
              I thought both goaltenders had a great weekend and their respective shutouts were well-deserved.
              The Mullett Arena is fantastic and the staff were super-friendly, inside and outside of it.
              As I was leaving the arena last night, the ‘three stars’ were announced. I got a kick out of the fact that Colgate players were named the third and second stars in the 4-0 shutout, while an ASU player received the number one star of the game. Too much fun!
              And thanks for your help on my trips last year to Oceanside and this year to the Mullett. Continued good-luck this season.
              The audio & video feeds were very good. I visited the arena before its opening, it looked like it's a good design for 5000 seats & SRO. I think you're right, the goalies were the main player variable and your coach, & team in general, did a great job recuperating from the prior game. Glad you had a great time!

Comment

Girls are #1 in the PWR !
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Rainman, the trip to Mullett Arena was a trip!! I was fairly silent Friday night, but pretty loud on Saturday night (pent-up energy).
                  I sat around the Phoenix airport on Sunday but felt bad when I saw all the bull-riders arrive on Sunday evening.
                  Had I been smarter, I would have gone to Glendale, Ariz., on Sunday afternoon for the PBR Team Series final day.
                  A rider, Daylon Swearingen, from Pifford in upstate New York, is currently ranked and he rides for Richard Childress' team in NASCAR country.
                  I hope to make Merrimack this coming weekend, but prices are high for accommodations in the Boston, Mass., area (especially during leaf-peeping season in New England).

Comment

Decided not to follow Colgate to Merrimack this weekend but re-subscribed to ESPN+ and am watching the game tonight.
                    Carter Gylander in goal again tonight for Colgate, with Zachary Borgiel in nets for Merrimack.
                    Merrimack had the best chances in the first period, resulting in a beautifully set-up goal.
                    Colgate killed the only penalty of the period. Gylander looked good (again).
                    Merrimack 18, Colgate 8, SOG after one.
                    Merrimack 1, Colgate 0, score after one.

Merrimack killed a penalty, then came right back with a goal.
                    Merrimack scored a third goal midway through the period.
                    10.6 seconds left in the period, Merrimack scores off the face-off with Gylander screened.
                    Merrimack 30, Colgate 14, SOG after two.
                    Merrimack 4, Colgate 0, score after two.

RPI transfer to Merrimack scores their fifth goal (left all alone in front of the goal).

Merrimack 5, Colgate 0, final score.
                    Not a lot of positives in this game for 'Gate.
                    Merrimack announcers on ESPN+ broadcast were knowledgeable and fair, I thought.
                    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-21-2022, 08:28 PM.

Comment

hate to correct IBT but SOG were 18-8 Merrimack and we're lucky to be down only one goal...better turn this thing around soon...the only team "Playing Fast" is Merrimack and they do look better than a mid-tier Hockey East team this year, buttressed, of course, by four high quality transfers...

Comment

5-0
                        21 shots on goal
                        Gettin’ it done…the ‘gate way
                        C O L G A T E
                        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                        1990 NCAA FINALS
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                        ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                        ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

we didn't belong on the same ice...getting hit in the head with a 2" X 4" for 15 years gets tiresome...even some people who've been in the Silver Puck Council are fed up and have packed up...

Comment

Here's score for you to think about: Michigan State 3, Long Island 1. How long has LI had a team?....a year maybe? And they played MSU that close? Some schools don't seem to have a problem attracting some very good hockey players, despite just starting out :/(
                            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

LIU has been competitive in every game they've played this year, including a 2-2 tie with Q-Pac...Brett Riley started this team from scratch during the COVID year of spring, 2020...I would hope Colgate fans remember Brett Riley...we had him as an assistant for (I think) two years and, from a number of legitimate sources, I know that young kids love playing for him...did we offer him a path to our head coaching job? His family line is amongst the best in college hockey (look it up)...maybe we did but it didn't work out, but methinks otherwise...sadly, the message that has been sent out - fair or not - is that the Colgate MIH program is satisfied to be consistently mediocre (it's probably why we lost our top recruits for this year and next to Colorado College and Denver, respectively...many people close to our program have pretty much given up...personally my contributions to SPC have dropped by 75%...I am not sold on Nicki Moore either...she talks a good game and she does get credit for staying with Matt Langel after several years of mediocre results...but firing Murphy (Lacrosse) and Hunt (football) is easy when you can slap them with personal transgressions...the hard decisions without the benefit of "political correctness" have not been made...Yale's successful AD (Beckitt) made a very tough decision to move on from Tim Taylor and ushered in the best decade in Yale's hockey history...we're sitting around looking for additional deck chairs on the Titanic...it's not just one game or one season...last 15 years? three winning seasons; one NCAA appearance...$38M invested in a new state-of-the-art facility? NO improvement...DV is a good guy, coaches great kids and has been a real credit to Colgate...but it's painfully obvious it's time to move on...

Comment

Watching tonight's Colgate at Merrimack non-conference match-up on ESPN+.
                                Carter Gylander in goal for Colgate again; Sweden's Hugo Ollas in goal for Merrimack.
                                Five minutes in, Colgate's Ben Raymond scored on a great 2-on-1 (with Ross Mitton).
                                Penalties were even in the first period, with it being chippy on both sides.

Colgate 10, Merrimack 9, SOG after one.
                                Colgate 1, Merrimack 0, score after one.

Halfway through the second period... Colton Young to bro Alex for a beautiful PPG.

Merrimack 20, Colgate 17, SOG after two.
                                Colgate 2, Merrimack 0, score after two.

Colton Young, Alex Young, Ben Raymond, Carter Gylander and Ross Mitton are all having good games tonight.

Less than a minute into the third, Alex DiPaolo scores Colgate's third goal.
                                Colgate's Nick Anderson puts a much-screened shot from the point past Ollas.
                                PPG by Merrimack at 12:30 of the third period.
                                Colgate's Matt Verboon scores an ENG with six minutes left in the third.
                                "14:42 the time. Don't go away." Merrimack scores (after pulling their goalie).
                                "It's become interesting here." Merrimack scores another goal (after pulling their goalie).

Colgate 5, Merrimack 3, final score.

"Good teams sweep at home and split on the road."
                                Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-23-2022, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X