This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
    Also, I am concerned about the QU posters (and poser) as their thread on here seems to have unraveled.
    No need for concern. Not much to talk about after this weekend. Perhaps it was a much needed wake-up call for us. We shall see...

I was impressed with 'Gate's heart on Saturday. They kept coming and never backed down. While our offense never got off the bus, Gylander was by far the reason you guys won.

Good luck the rest of the way. Maybe well see each other in the post-season.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Don't you guys post on a different thread than here, Mark ?
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        Don't you guys post on a different thread than here, Mark ?
        I don't. I'm not aware of any other forum activity but there is some chatter on Twitter and Facebook at times. The virtual fan base has dwindled in the last 5 or so years.
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• For those, like me, who like to schedule their lives in advance…
          here is the 2023-24 ECAC Hockey schedule, courtesy of Jim Hyla at eLynah (no exhibitions nor non-conference)…

http://elf.elynah.com/read.php?1,241...e=1#msg-241746

Last weekend, when Colgate was off, I went up to the Watertown Municipal Arena and saw the Binghamton Black Bears defeat the Watertown Wolves on Friday in a Federal Prospects Hockey League (FPHL) game. On Saturday, I went to SUNY Canton to watch Latvia beat Ukraine in FISU World University Games competition.

Today, I am using an Amtrak USA Rail Pass to see Dartmouth grad and friend Cam Strong’s Utah Grizzlies host the Rapid City Rush in East Coast Hockey League (ECHL) action tomorrow night. Then, Sunday, I will see Colton Point’s Fort Wayne Komets at the Iowa (City) Heartlanders, also in ECHL. That should be Arena #132 for me. I may go to a Coachella Valley Firebirds at Iowa Wild game in American Hockey League (AHL) play on Saturday night. Louie Belpedio, whom I saw in Michigan State at his Miami (Ohio) game years ago, used to play for the Iowa Wild. Bottom line? I will miss Colgate at Harvard and Dartmouth, which I hate, especially since we have some momentum going lately. Go ‘Gate!!

P.S. - I just read where Saturday’s game against Colgate will feature Dartmouth’s Celebration of immediate past coach Bob Gaudet, whom I respected very much. Now I really hate to miss that game. Oh, well, one can’t do everything and be everywhere.
          Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-25-2023, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Iowa, your never ending quest to see more hockey is amazing. Enjoy.

Comment

• Marmot, thanks. The icing on the cake for me tonight was watching Colgate’s Tyler Penner as a teammate to Dartmouth’s Cam Strong on the Utah Grizzlies. Clarkson’s Zach Tzekos was a scratch for Utah, but Clarkson’s Aaron Thow did play for the Grizzlies. Former sprint car racer Doug Strong told me that Tyler Penner and his son Cam were apartment mates during the Covid year playing for the Birmingham (Ala.) Bulls. And Utah won, 3-1, over Rapid City.

Comment

• IBT...you never cease to amaze...

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post

Today, I am using an Amtrak USA Rail Pass to see Dartmouth grad and friend Cam Strong’s Utah Grizzlies host the Rapid City Rush in East Coast Hockey League (ECHL) action tomorrow night. Then, Sunday, I will see Colton Point’s Fort Wayne Komets at the Iowa (City) Heartlanders, also in ECHL. That should be Arena #132 for me. I may go to a Coachella Valley Firebirds at Iowa Wild game in American Hockey League (AHL) play on Saturday night. Louie Belpedio, whom I saw in Michigan State at his Miami (Ohio) game years ago, used to play for the Iowa Wild. Bottom line? I will miss Colgate at Harvard and Dartmouth, which I hate, especially since we have some momentum going lately. Go ‘Gate!!
                  Enjoy your adventure Iowa! As for me, I'll be at the Harvard game tonight. It'll be my first time seeing the 2022-23 Raiders in person, and I'm really looking forward to it!
                  Colgate '09

Comment

• Nice reading on the Young Bros on the Colgate Athletics site.
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• https://colgateathletics.com/news/20...s-success.aspx

Thanks, GreenCoat and RainMan. Enjoy tonight!!
                      Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-27-2023, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Why the F did vaughn not call a timeout with 59 seconds left.

Comment

• I was thinking the same thing. Tired line couldn’t change after an icing. Why not take the timeout?

Comment

• Can I assume that we took our foot off the gas after leading 4-2 after two?
                            Last time, in Hamilton, one of the Harvard fans posted, ‘it will be different in Cambridge.’ Sadly, he was right.

Comment

• We have the tiebreaker against Harvard for what it is worth

Comment

• Iowa, I don’t think we took the foot off the gas, they scored right after a power play and then after 2:30 min of empty net pressure

Comment

Working...
                                X