Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for the record books! Deserves ESPN’s Top Ten for that highlight reel goal by Raymond
    Amazing comeback win, congrats to all of them.

https://twitter.com/ecachockey/statu...3321vceBYnwYJw
    C O L G A T E
    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
    1990 NCAA FINALS
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• Home again, home again...

It is so interesting, as every game has such a different feel (at least to me).
      In the win over Harvard a couple of weeks ago, it seemed like we played up to their level. It was a great advertisement for high-quality college hockey.
      Tonight, though, it didn't seem like we played up to their level (PWR#2 in the nation going into the contest), as much as they played down to ours (with the exception of Carter Gylander, who stood on his head, especially late in the game). For much of the first half of the game, we played whack-a-mole with the puck while their stick-handling was dazzling at times. Quinnipiac has just so much talent... and experience. I think their starting line-up tonight included two graduate transfers. To our credit, we just don't give up... not in front of the opponent's net, not down by one or two goals. That blue-collar style of play paid off big-time tonight, though it still wrenches my gut watching my fave team trying desperately to protect a one-goal lead with over half the third period to play.
      But, mission accomplished tonight... and this weekend. Hopefully we'll keep our foot on the gas pedal next weekend at Harvard and Dartmouth. Go 'Gate!

9-3-0 in ECAC Hockey.
      4th in ECAC Hockey standings, with a 5-point lead over Princeton in 5th (plus we have three games-in-hand on them).
      12-10-2 on the season.
      PWR#29 tonight (of 62 NCAA MIH programs).
      Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-22-2023, 01:14 AM.

Comment

• Congrats on a boffo weekend. Makes our home and home exciting.
        . . . still crazy after all these years. . .

Comment

• Every one is contributing...and no quit...great to see...and congrats to Ryan McGuire who does a lot of the dirty work and, no surprise, has a high hockey IQ...keep is going Gate...

Comment

• I want this atmosphere for our players so bad…and yes, for me, too

https://twitter.com/shuhockey/status...Upi29BLMkfdFng
            C O L G A T E
            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
            1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• More balanced scoring, Manderville, McGuire and Raymond, not exactly our leading scorers. On the winning goal Delpedio flipped a backhand pass high threw the air to Raymond who somehow corralled it waist high with a Q-Pac defender draped all over him, fought him off from the blueline in and deked one of the best goaltenders in the nation, just a great goal. Kinda like a hail mary pass. (watched it about ten times this am).
              With their goalie pulled the last three minutes I don't know how they didn't score pressuring us the whole time in our own end. Can't say enough about Gylander this weekend, and a shutout the night before !
              Going to savor this for a few days, then onto Harvard, who LOST to Brown. ECAC is as crazy as ever this year !
              Last edited by sshablak; 01-22-2023, 08:46 AM.
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• More positives, we're 6-1-1 since November and the Niagara fiasco. (bad loss to RPI). Five home and five away left, even going .500 would put us at 14-8 probably good enough for home ice. Clarkson or SLU would have to go 7-3 at least to catch us, and we have them both home. Sweep this weekend was large !

Comment

• Did not know this about Mitch Benson

https://bceagles.com/sports/mens-ice...h-benson/16079
                  C O L G A T E
                  2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                  1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• No matter what, been an interesting season. 9-3 to start the league slate with wins over top 10 Harvard, and #1 QU.

Comment

• Coach Vaughan said we hit four posts in the first period in the post game interview. I missed most of the period, didn't know that.

Comment

• Shabby, I knew we pinged it off a pipe once in the first period (and had other close calls). When I saw Charlie between the first and second, he said, ‘how many times are we gonna shoot it off the posts?’ so I knew there must have been more than that one.

Comment

• I counted 4 posts/crossbars

Comment

• Nice to see us get home/front page billing on USCHO (even if we have to share the accolades with Cornell (8-/
                            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Home page at CHN also. Yay!
                              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• ColSkate65, I agree. It’s fun to see Colgate relevant on the national scene a couple of times this season. Hopefully we can get to the point where that is the rule, not the exception.

Also, I am concerned about the QU posters (and poser) as their thread on here seems to have unraveled. Hope everyone made it home safe from CNY.
                                Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-23-2023, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X