Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carter Gylander led Colgate onto the ice for tonight’s pre-game warm-up. Ethan Pearson did the same for Princeton. And Matt Verboon is in the Haus.

Colgate PP, but tried to get too tricky and they killed it. Shortly thereafter, Ben Raymond had a breakaway but was denied. Another Power Play.
    And Goal… by Alex DiPaolo.

Colgate 14, Princeton 7, SOG after one.
    Colgate 1, Princeton 0, score after one.

Ross Mitton walked in on Princeton goalie early in second but was denied. Minutes later we tried to get too tricky again (tic-tac-toe) but passed once too often when we should have shot. 18-8 SOG.

Colgate penalty. Killed it.
    Princeton penalty. Killed it.
    Princeton’s Gorman Brothers (Freshman and Senior) are as fun to watch as our Young Brothers (Junior and Senior).
    Colgate penalty. Ross Mitton and Ben Raymond with two great Short-Handed chances. Princeton killed it and Daniel Panetta scored a beauty!

Another Princeton penalty.

Colgate 27, Princeton 16, SOG after two.
    Colgate 2, Princeton 0, score after two.

Princeton penalty killed. And Levi Glasman sniped one!!

Colgate takes usual Too Many Men on the Ice penalty. Killed it.

Another Princeton penalty. PPG for Matt Verboon.

2-on-1 breakaway. Goal. 2 (Pierson Brandon) from 11 (Daniel Panetta) and 18 (Ben Raymond). Just beautiful.

Anothe Princeton penalty. Killed it.

Colgate 36, Princeton 18, final SOG.
    Colgate 5, Princeton 0, final score.
    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-20-2023, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• You get there very early !
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Shabby, when an individual Colgate MIH date is first released (usually by the opposition), I mark my calendar and nothing else goes on that date. I note what time ‘doors open’ and plan to be there 30 minutes in advance. Home and away.

Comment

• A nice win tonight for the Raiders! I watched on ESPN+ and Princeton was playing an up-tempo game. Great to not only win, but also get the shutout.

A big test awaits us tomorrow.
          Colgate '09

Comment

• Home safe-n-sound…

That was a GREAT game tonight. Offense, defense and goaltending all did their jobs (to perfection).

The most surprising thing about the blow-out victory to me tonight was the depth of our offensive performance. 5-0 and I think the Young Brothers were kept off the scorecard (going off memory). That really bodes well for the future as I was afraid that we were getting too dependent upon just them.

The crowd was also VERY GOOD. Alumni Council in town and had the Sullivan Suite jam-packed. Students everywhere, but no pep band.

The overall atmosphere in the arena tonight was top-notch. People were just really pumped about our play of late. Princeton didn’t look bad; it’s just that we were firing on all eight cylinders. Despite the shut-out victory, I wouldn’t want to go up against Princeton in a one-game opening round of the ECAC tournament.

Finally, Quinnipiac will be madder than hornets tomorrow after being roughed-up in Ithaca tonight. Hopefully we can play up to their level like we did against Harvard a couple of weeks ago. Go ‘Gate!

Comment

• One of the best (if not the best) overall performances by men's hockey in 8 or 9 years...yes, Pecknold will have Q-pac more than ready after being bullwhipped in Ithaca...solid effort by everyone up and down the lineup...keep it going Gate...

Comment

• It might seem unlikely that Qpac would get swept on a weekend but I’m not conceding tonight’s game.

Comment

• Glad for the win to keep us above .500. We were up 2-0 @ Qpac before the tables turned. Never know which Gylander will be in net; last night or the one at RPI. Special teams will need to shine, especially if we’re undisciplined and in the box.

Watched Cornell tear apart Quinnipiac. What. A. Game. Their fans, packed like sardines, the intensity, the thrilling atmosphere for every game…
                  One can dream.

Good luck to the ladies as they go for the season sweep.
                  C O L G A T E
                  2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                  1990 NCAA FINALS
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                  ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                  ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                    One of the best (if not the best) overall performances by men's hockey in 8 or 9 years...
                    The problem for Colgate has ALWAYS been consistency. A repeat performance is asking a lot, but here’s hoping.

Good to hear about the turnout, Iowa. The broadcast is very misleading.
                    C O L G A T E
                    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                    1990 NCAA FINALS
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• Incredibly balanced scoring, and snipes. Glasman had a great goal, Verboon great goal and assist, Dipaulo nice goal. Young bros only one assist, good catch Iowa.
                      Verboon is quietly becoming an impact player, what we hoped for when he was playing on the Swiss national team, eight game scoring streak now.
                      Gylander GAA is now under 2.00. Last night was the good Gate team capable of beating most, we need consistency going forward, top four should be reasonable going forward.

Watched Q-Pac last night and thought Cornell dominated them, I was very surprised, along with the other ECAC upsets.

Comment

• Admittedly, I take Quinnipiac for granted a lot. We played them six times two seasons ago. Just another team in ECAC Hockey.

But the reality is… they are the #2 team in the nation and they are coming to our barn tonight.

Who is behind them in the PairWise Ranking (PWR) of 62 programs? Saint Cloud, Penn State, Denver, BU, Michigan, Ohio State, Harvard and Western Michigan. Who is ahead of them? Just Minnesota.

This is a HUGE opportunity in front of us tonight. I hope we are ready to take advantage of it.

Comment

• To no one’s surprise, Carter Gylander (Colgate) and Yaniv Perets (Quinnipiac) led their respective teams to the ice tonight for the pre-game warm-up.
                          Quinnipiac penalty. Killed it.
                          Colgate penalty. And Quinnipiac scored.
                          Quinnipiac penalty.
                          Colgate penalty (20 seconds into PP).
                          Penalties killed.

Colgate 10, Quinnipiac 9, SOG after one.
                          Quinnipiac 1, Colgate 0, score after one.

Quinnipiac scored early in second.

Quinnipiac… two penalized. 5 on 3 for two.
                          Colgate’s Ethan Manderville scored POG. Second penalty killed.

We have had opportunities. Pinged it off pipe in first period. Glasman one on one with Perets in second and he shot it high.

Colgate 19, Quinnipiac 18, SOG after two.
                          Quinnipiac 2, Colgate 1, score after two.

Colgate’s Ryan McGuire (from Nick Anderson) scored a beauty after not giving up in front of their net.
                          Dang!! Another beauty by Ben Raymond (from Bobby Metz).

Defensive shell since we took lead.

QU 28, Colgate 25, SOG final.
                          Colgate 3, Quinnipiac 3, score final.

Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-21-2023, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                            Colgate 3, Quinnipiac 2, score final.
                            Fixed your post.

Arguably this is one of the BEST wins for the program in recent memory. In the 18 years I’ve been following Colgate hockey, I don’t think I’ve ever seen us defeat a #1-in-the-rankings team. Until tonight.

WOW!!!!!
                            Colgate '09

Comment

• Nice win !! I've seen us beat Cornell and Harvard both ranked #1.

Comment

• Fabulous game and win!!! Balanced scoring again tonight. Gylander stood on his head at times! Great team effort!!! Great confidence builder going forward. Go 'gate!!! Woohoo!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X