This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    McMann out for Bruins game tonight due to illness, Austin Matthews is playing. Illness running thru Leafs locker room. I was looking forward to seeing him play tonight against my B's.
    I was looking forward to a Wagner vs. McMann matchup a few days ago. But it doesn’t matter anymore because the Bruins won!
    Colgate '09

Comment

• Sacred Heart opened its impressive, new arena this weekend vs. BC. Looks and sounds like an amazing atmosphere. Nothing like it in the ECAC imo. Hope they get that turnout every game.

https://twitter.com/shuhockey/status...SYs_3vQYseVk5w
      C O L G A T E
      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
      1990 NCAA FINALS
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
      ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
      ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• I just looked… Sacred Heart’s new arena has 3,600 seats.

Tuesday…
        PWR#16 Providence at PWR#30 Princeton.
        Friday…
        PWR#30 Princeton at PWR#39 Colgate.

Wow! Princeton just upset Providence, 3-2, in OverTime. Princeton is now PWR#29, while Providence is PWR#17. Colgate is still PWR#39.

Comment

• This would be disappointing for your team's prospects if true:

https://twitter.com/ep_transfers/sta...C-gaXUkewsAAAA

Comment

• Verboon is a senior, why would he throw away a Colgate diploma with only one more semester left ? Plus he's already played in games for this semester .
            Last edited by sshablak; 01-18-2023, 02:13 PM.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• #39 Colgate vs. #29 Princeton PWR stats are intriguing to me: Princeton was 30th going into the game last night and then just moved down 1 to #29 after the win. Before that win over #17 Providence, here are some of the comparisons:

Colgate 10-10-2 overall, Quality wins @ 11 Merrimack and home win over 9 Harvard. Also, we beat Princeton there. Worst loss is to #50 Vermont.

Princeton 9-9-0 overall, now 10-9-0
              Before last night their best win was @21 RIT (split weekend) and have a bad loss to #41 SLU and #39 Gate.

Colgate with the much better ECAC record as well.

I don’t know, feels like the teams should be ranked closer together.

Comment

• Still an Empty Net...
                while I trust the dynamic PairWise Rankings (PWR) algorithm and truly believe in it for ranking all 62 MIH programs, I would be lying if I said that I knew exactly how it was calculated. Having said that, I think our non-conference losses to teams ranked equal to or lower than us (currently) have really hurt us in the PWR.

Colgate vs. Princeton Non-Conference

#39 Colgate:
                #39 Northern Michigan, loss and loss
                at #32 Arizona State, loss and win
                at #11 Merrimack, loss and win
                #50 Vermont, loss and tie
                at #38 Niagara, loss and loss
                #42 Maine, win and tie

#29 Princeton:

at #21 RIT, loss and win
                at #29 Colorado College, loss and win
                #53 LIU, win
                #16 Providence, win
                Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-18-2023, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Yea Vermont, NM, and Niagara certainly hurt us. I know the PWR isn’t biased or anything I just like to look at some teams schedules and it amazes me to see where they are at sometimes. Let’s hope for a strong push to the end year with a solid showing this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                    Sacred Heart opened its impressive, new arena this weekend vs. BC. Looks and sounds like an amazing atmosphere. Nothing like it in the ECAC imo. Hope they get that turnout every game.

Well I you’ve never been to Qpac’s barn….state of the art facilities, locker room and weight room with 3400 seating capacity. I’d bet the arena has something to do with their success the last decade…..just a hunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                      Sacred Heart opened its impressive, new arena this weekend vs. BC. Looks and sounds like an amazing atmosphere. Nothing like it in the ECAC imo. Hope they get that turnout every game.

Well I you’ve never been to Qpac’s barn….state of the art facilities, locker room and weight room with 3400 seating capacity. I’d bet the arena has something to do with landing some recruits and their success the last decade…..just a hunch.

Comment

• Hope Verboon rumor is not true 'cause we're in no position to lose a point/game guy...Princeton is playing very well recently and I believe that Coach Fogarty has never beaten his mentor in a regular season game (did take 2 of 3 against us in playoffs years ago when, down 1 game to none, Princeton scored with one or two seconds to go to tie game and then win in overtime)...and, of course, Q-Pac is Q-Pac...three points this weekend would be just fine...

Comment

• He’s from Switzerland. Does a degree from Colgate really mean anything there? Wouldn’t blame him for leaving, just like Chris Wagner.
                          C O L G A T E
                          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                          1990 NCAA FINALS
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• Princeton is 10-9 overall and 6-7 ECAC with four wins in the last five, including #12 Providence. They lost to Harvard in OT in that one loss. Fogarty has them playing very well right now !
                            Did anyone hear that Brad Dexter was relieved of his duties as assistant coach awhile ago, I missed that, somehow ?
                            Another tough test, are there any easy ones ?

Gate vs Cornell women on ESPN+ at two this pm.
                            Last edited by sshablak; 01-20-2023, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Verboon has points in our last seven games, and 22 points in 22 games. I've looked everywhere and can't find anything on him leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                                This would be disappointing for your team's prospects if true:

https://twitter.com/ep_transfers/sta...C-gaXUkewsAAAA
                                If you look under transactions it says 2023-2024 HC Lugano. Doesn't say anything about leaving this year !

Comment

Working...
                                X