Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DavidN, thanks!! That is exactly the play to which I was referring. And that was a great save. I was in Section 7, opposite side from the camera, and now I see how my view of the save was blocked by a player. Thanks again!! And, for gosh sakes, take down Big Red tonight.

Comment

• OK...Put what you can't change behind you and go forward !
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Carter Gylander led the team out for tonight’s pre-game skate. Connor Murphy did the same for Union.

While sitting alone in the stands, Colgate associate coach Dana Borges just came over, sat next to me and introduced himself, and thanked me for my support of Colgate men’s ice hockey. That goes a long way with me.

It is getting pretty physical early.
        Colgate killed first penalty against. Now on the PP.
        Union killed it.

And Colgate gets on the board first. Matt Verboon from Alex DiPaolo and Ross Mitton.

Union 8, Colgate 6, Faceoffs after one.
        Colgate 13, Union 7, SOG after one.
        Colgate 1, Union 0, score after one.

Alex Young rifled one past Connor Murphy.

Union with a beautifully set-up goal.
        30 seconds left in the second period. Ryan McGuire 5-minute penalty and game misconduct.

Colgate 21, Union 21, Faceoffs after two.
        Colgate 22, Union 17, SOG after two.
        Colgate 2, Union 1, score after two.
        Even before the major penalty, we let ‘em back in the game in that second period.

Huge effort… killed it off!!

Colgate 33, Union 26, final SOG.
        Colgate 2, Union 1, final score.
        Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-07-2023, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Much better start than last night.

We’re dressing 8 d-men and 11 forwards? I thought you could only dress 18 skaters.

Comment

• Officiating is going to ruin college hockey as we know it...the five-minute major call on Ryan McGuire near end of period #2 is simply a joke...

Comment

• Good win...not too shabby at 7-3 ! Go RPI, beat the pylons !
              Last edited by sshablak; 01-07-2023, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                Officiating is going to ruin college hockey as we know it...the five-minute major call on Ryan McGuire near end of period #2 is simply a joke...
                Will McGuire have to miss the next game? If so that’s a disgrace. I saw that Don was talking to one of the refs after the 2nd period. He doesn’t argue with refs that much but after a call like that he should really rip into these clowns.

Comment

• Off on my weekly PairWise Ranking (PWR) rant…

ECAC Hockey continues to be so intriguing this season. There are 62 MIH programs, so 31 are in the ‘top half.’ Today, of the 12 ECAC programs, 9 are in the ‘bottom half’ of college hockey. NINE.

36-Clarkson, 37-Princeton, 38-Colgate, 38-Saint Lawrence, 43-Brown, 45-Union, 46-RPI, 56-Yale, and 61-Dartmouth.

So, just 3 are in the ‘top half.’ Well, not just in the ‘top 31,’ but all 3 are currently in the 16-team NCAA Tournament slots (if Selection Sunday was today; dependent upon conference champions). ALL THREE.

2-Quinnipiac, 9-Harvard, and 11-Cornell.

Parity or Parody in ECAC Hockey this season?

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                    Off on my weekly PairWise Ranking (PWR) rant…

ECAC Hockey continues to be so intriguing this season. There are 62 MIH programs, so 31 are in the ‘top half.’ Today, of the 12 ECAC programs, 9 are in the ‘bottom half’ of college hockey. NINE.

36-Clarkson, 37-Princeton, 38-Colgate, 38-Saint Lawrence, 43-Brown, 45-Union, 46-RPI, 56-Yale, and 61-Dartmouth.

So, just 3 are in the ‘top half.’ Well, not just in the ‘top 31,’ but all 3 are currently in the 16-team NCAA Tournament slots (if Selection Sunday was today; dependent upon conference champions). ALL THREE.

2-Quinnipiac, 9-Harvard, and 11-Cornell.

Parity or Parody in ECAC Hockey this season?
                    Soon to be Atlantic Hockey 2.0…..Qpac is going to Hockey East which will leave Harvard and Cornell carrying the conference in the future

Comment

• Magoo - McGuire got a game misconduct, not disqualification, so he will be available to play against Princeton on January 20th. IMO, a week off is not good for this team. Luckily we play Princeton first and then get, hopefully, a beat up Quinnipiac team on the 21st. Go 'Gate!!!

Comment

• OK. Thanks CU13!

Comment

• Originally posted by CU13 View Post
                          Magoo - McGuire got a game misconduct, not disqualification, so he will be available to play against Princeton on January 20th. IMO, a week off is not good for this team. Luckily we play Princeton first and then get, hopefully, a beat up Quinnipiac team on the 21st. Go 'Gate!!!
                          A “beat up” Quinnipiac team??? What are you wishing for?!

Comment

• She's hoping Cornell physically beats up Q-Pac the night before. BTW...Q-Pac now #1 in the USCHO poll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICECAT1811 View Post

Soon to be Atlantic Hockey 2.0…..Qpac is going to Hockey East which will leave Harvard and Cornell carrying the conference in the future
                              the ECAC currently has a .474 winning percentage out of conference. This is far superior to Atlantic Hockey (.340) and better than the CCHA as well (.424). Last year was a blip due to 8 teams missing a year all at the same time, so those 8 teams all had to rebuild at the same time. Seems to be getting back to normal now, and the conference has 3 teams in the top 15 of the pairwise. Same as the NCHC and Hockey East. Of course, ECAC doesn't have the same depth as those conferences, but comparing the conference to the Atlantic is ridiculous lol

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

the ECAC currently has a .474 winning percentage out of conference. This is far superior to Atlantic Hockey (.340) and better than the CCHA as well (.424). Last year was a blip due to 8 teams missing a year all at the same time, so those 8 teams all had to rebuild at the same time. Seems to be getting back to normal now, and the conference has 3 teams in the top 15 of the pairwise. Same as the NCHC and Hockey East. Of course, ECAC doesn't have the same depth as those conferences, but comparing the conference to the Atlantic is ridiculous lol
                                This guy has been saying (without evidence) for at least a year now that Quinnipiac is about to bolt the ECAC for Hockey East.

Comment

Working...
                                X