No announcement yet.

2022 - 2023 Season BOSTON COLLEGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dempsey and Shamburger had little or no ice time this year, so I think they would be the next two. With the possibility of more defections, they might look at the transfer portal for someone who has put up points this year; for example Alex Campbell (Clarkson, 14-12-26) or Joey Larson (Northern Michigan, 13-14-27).

Comment

• Losing your spot on the team doesn't necessarily mean losing your scholarship aid. A player being cut from the team can still hold onto their assistance. A student can decide to stay where they are. The Coach/School has to show that Student has done something to warrant losing their money. It doesn't happen a lot. Most times the player wants to play somewhere and moves on. A few of the players being cut may be considering their options

Comment

• Originally posted by doublerunner View Post
        Dempsey and Shamburger had little or no ice time this year, so I think they would be the next two. With the possibility of more defections, they might look at the transfer portal for someone who has put up points this year; for example Alex Campbell (Clarkson, 14-12-26) or Joey Larson (Northern Michigan, 13-14-27).
        Doubt either player is on scholarship.

Comment

• Gauthier coming back. https://www.bcinterruption.com/2023/...-flyers-philly

Comment

• Ok so it looks like we're losing Kuntar and keeping Gauthier, I consider that a win. I think they'll either need to add another center in the transfer portal or flip a recruit. Will be interesting to see the follow up move

Comment

• Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
              Ok so it looks like we're losing Kuntar and keeping Gauthier, I consider that a win. I think they'll either need to add another center in the transfer portal or flip a recruit. Will be interesting to see the follow up move
              That is absolutely a win.

Comment

• It is a win and will be an even bigger win it Kuntar is smart and decides to stay for his senior year. There is no chance he plays in the NHL next year. Get some NIL $ and stick for another year. He will be an absolute force in HE next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                  It is a win and will be an even bigger win it Kuntar is smart and decides to stay for his senior year. There is no chance he plays in the NHL next year. Get some NIL $ and stick for another year. He will be an absolute force in HE next year.
                  Sounds like Kuntar is a goner

https://twitter.com/BCHockeyBlogger/...143514624?s=20

Comment

• Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                    Ok so it looks like we're losing Kuntar and keeping Gauthier, I consider that a win. I think they'll either need to add another center in the transfer portal or flip a recruit. Will be interesting to see the follow up move
                    Been deadly quiet on the Heights for a week or so. The transfers on the portal somewhat underwhelming, although the Northern Michigan kid is somewhat we should look at. We should be trying to flip a recruit although most of the top ones have already signed LOI. If we are truly going to improve our 3rd/4th lines, we need to start making some moves here. As an aside, I looked at Merrimack’s roster and see 28 players on roster, 7 graduate players. Hate to see college hockey morph into a minor league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seacaptim View Post

Been deadly quiet on the Heights for a week or so. The transfers on the portal somewhat underwhelming, although the Northern Michigan kid is somewhat we should look at. We should be trying to flip a recruit although most of the top ones have already signed LOI. If we are truly going to improve our 3rd/4th lines, we need to start making some moves here. As an aside, I looked at Merrimack’s roster and see 28 players on roster, 7 graduate players. Hate to see college hockey morph into a minor league.
                      There have been both older rosters and younger rosters for a while now. Minnesota, Michigan, BU, Harvard, Denver, and Quinnipiac all have young rosters. Ohio State, Minnesota State, St Cloud and Merrimack are all on the older end of the spectrum. There are multiple ways to compete for a championship

Comment

• Am certainly not advocating for BC to bring in a bunch of 24 year olds, nor would the admin approve. Looking at next season and projecting out 3-4 years. Joey Larson, Northern Michigan player in portal has impressive 13g/14a and will be a sophomore.

Comment

• The NCAA’s have been a total embarrassment for several teams. I can’t believe the number of absolute blow outs! B1G is rolling!

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Michigan has about 15 players who skate like the wind. Reminds me a bit of BC’s great teams under York. Quinnipiac has 7 Grad players on their roster, so they are not young.

Comment

• Ya I don't want BC doing the 7 grad transfer route. Worked for Merrimack and QU but please no.

Comment

• Congrats on Gauthier coming back. As much as that scares the crap out of me as a BU fan, it's what college hockey needs. So many great players in the NCAA excelled as sophomores and then were more than ready for the NHL, going back to the 90's. You guys will be scary good next year. We have Celebrini and some strong supporting cast, but your class should be the #1 class no doubt.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X