No announcement yet.

2022 - 2023 Season BOSTON COLLEGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown must project 4 years out, lest we keep churning portal veterans and losing our most talented younger players. Assuming Gauthier remains for this coming year, we likely lose Gauthier, Powell, maybe Gasseau (Bruins pick), and perhaps one of the 3 USNDT freshman after next season. It may be too late, but we should add some “college” players who plan to stick around for 3 years. Am not sure what kind of talent is available at this late stage, but we need to transition away from 3rd line “Grad” transfers who add little, and block development of younger players.

Comment

• Kuntar is likely signing with Bruins which does not surprise.. So we need at least one top 6 type forward, and not a third liner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seacaptim View Post
        Brown must project 4 years out, lest we keep churning portal veterans and losing our most talented younger players. Assuming Gauthier remains for this coming year, we likely lose Gauthier, Powell, maybe Gasseau (Bruins pick), and perhaps one of the 3 USNDT freshman after next season. It may be too late, but we should add some “college” players who plan to stick around for 3 years. Am not sure what kind of talent is available at this late stage, but we need to transition away from 3rd line “Grad” transfers who add little, and block development of younger players.
        I have used Michigan and Minnesota as examples but they seem to have figured out the roster construction dilemma over the last couple years. It looks to me like Pandolfo is on a similar path. BU does have a lot of seniors so we will have to see on that next year but they should be good again.

Comment

• I hope Kuntar stays for the senior season, he is a blue collar player, love to watch him mix it up. If he leaves he will be spending time eating pizza on the bus to Utica. Why leave for that. Stay and look for success that a team like BU has had this year. Overall the last three years the program has underachieved, stick around and look for better outcomes next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
            I hope Kuntar stays for the senior season, he is a blue collar player, love to watch him mix it up. If he leaves he will be spending time eating pizza on the bus to Utica. Why leave for that. Stay and look for success that a team like BU has had this year. Overall the last three years the program has underachieved, stick around and look for better outcomes next year.
            I have mixed feelings on Kuntar. On one hand, he was a good faceoff guy, was strong on the puck, and provided a decent amount of offense for a team who sometimes struggled to create. On the other hand, I thought he had a habit of disappearing for long stretches in games and took way too many dumb penalties at some really inopportune times. A second line center should never be leading your team in penalties and their penalty kill sucked so it hurt them a lot. Along those same lines, I don't think he has the best hockey sense

If Gauthier stays, I'm fine with kuntar leaving. If Gauthier leaves, there will certainly be a couple holes up the middle they'll need to replace in the portal

Comment

• Bengtsson commitment is official

https://twitter.com/mikemcmahonchn/s...Q39ollo3Xkd3Lg

https://gopherpucklive.com/transfer-portal/

Comment

• Pretty surprised we haven’t heard any of the names of underclassmen players transferring yet. I don’t know how long it takes logistically for them to officially declare and if that’s the hold up but I expected players to jump in quickly to try to land spots elsewhere

Comment

• We know about Andres and Izck, who else, Davey ? Joyce ? Traeger ?

Comment

• Cade Alami, and Paul Davey in the portal. Alami struggled on D, and Davey only dressed in a handful of games. There must be more players headed out but for now.

Comment

We know about Andres and Izck, who else, Davey ? Joyce ? Traeger ?
                      Just entered officially, Paul Davey and Cade Alami. Neither are all that surprising although Alami means Eamon Powell is probably back

Comment

• Nolan Joyce is still listed as an incoming recruiter on the Heisenberg site. Just something to consider re: his brother coming back.

Comment

• Aliami probably concluded he would have limited playing time with Bengtsson coming in as a junior. I am sure he will land in a good place.

Comment

• Brian Boyle officially announced his retirement. 871 games played in the NHL. Never developed into a star but carved out a nice little career for himself

https://twitter.com/NHLAlumni/status...25711102500870

Comment

We know about Andres and Izck, who else, Davey ? Joyce ? Traeger ?
                              I would say Argentina and Traeger might be next two.

Comment

• Joyce had a decent year i would expect he is back. With Alami out:

E. Powell
                                Bengtsson
                                Hreschuk
                                Gustafsson
                                Leddy
                                S. Powell
                                Minnetian
                                Fortescue
                                N. Joyce

That's one too many. Either Joyce isn't coming this year or there's one more guy to go. Higher profile kids aren't gonna stick around if they're not playing which has me looking at Seamus Powell. If both Minnetian and Fortescue are better than him that would be my guess. But then what would that do to Eamon?
                                Last edited by J.D.; 03-22-2023, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X