2022 - 2023 Season BOSTON COLLEGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Nesterenko signed. That seemed likely after his rights were traded earlier this month. Good player.
    ya it's a good landing spot for him too, he'll get an opportunity there quicker than other places

Comment

Christian O'Neill had a glorious chance where he panicked and shot the puck too soon. Could have walked in even further. But that's because he's not a scorer. In the first OT is where BC could have won it. Some great chances and Ollas was shaky. Gauthier clangs the post and then ultimately lose it on a bad goal.

Nesterenko-Gauthier-Gasseau
      Perreault-Smith-Leonard
      Jellvik-Kuntar-Ambrosio
      Vote-Posma-Joyce

Gustafsson-E. Powell
      Hreschuk-Leddy
      S. Powell/Fortescue-Minnetian
      Alami

Fowler

The above is a good hockey team and the exact mix you are looking for with upperclassmen and freshmen. Just have to wait on a few guys. The flight risks to me are obviously Gauthier but also Nesterenko, Kuntar and E. Powell.
      Jellvik-Gauthier-Gasseau
      Perreault-Smith-Leonard
      Vote-Kuntar-Ambrosio
      Argentina-Posma-Joyce

Gustafsson-E. Powell
      Hreschuk-Leddy
      Bengtsson*-Minnetian
      Alami/S. Powell/Fortescue

Fowler
      Korec
      Wilder

*If Bengtsson is coming something has to give on defense. That could be E. Powell signing and perhaps his brother looking elsewhere? Alami potentially moving on?

Comment

• Disappointing, I understand the pull to the pros but I was hoping he would stay, think he would have had a great senior season. Good luck to him but this, the transfer portal and the extra year is what is wrong with college sports. The world has changed and college sports with it. From a fans point of view it is too bad and takes away from fan interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
          Disappointing, I understand the pull to the pros but I was hoping he would stay, think he would have had a great senior season. Good luck to him but this, the transfer portal and the extra year is what is wrong with college sports. The world has changed and college sports with it. From a fans point of view it is too bad and takes away from fan interest.
          Totally agree. It was great waiting for recruits and then see them develop over their careers. The portal and players swapping teams on a whim stinks. Nesterenko was a must watch player and one of the top players in the league skill wise…just didn’t seem to reach his potential.

Comment

Disappointing, I understand the pull to the pros but I was hoping he would stay, think he would have had a great senior season. Good luck to him but this, the transfer portal and the extra year is what is wrong with college sports. The world has changed and college sports with it. From a fans point of view it is too bad and takes away from fan interest.
            The extra year goes away next year so it won't be too bad moving forward. I don't think the transfer portal has been bad, there haven't been any crazy shakeups. A big thing it does is let Ivy league kids get an extra year if they redshirt or graduate early because they aren't allowed to play for their schools as grad students.

I guess I'm so used to kids leaving for pro early, I'm not even fazed by it. It's been happening for 30 years now, I'm just happy we dont have the same draft systems as other sports like basketball, baseball or football so we get to see rosters like next year that could have 14-16 NHL draft picks on it

Comment

• Happening for a long time yes but not like it is now. The elite players come with a one or two year mindset, BC built their championship team with 4 year players for the most part. Coaches have to manage their rosters like a GM in the in the pros. It is a different environment and while many fans lament the change it is not going back to the way it was.

Comment

Happening for a long time yes but not like it is now. The elite players come with a one or two year mindset, BC built their championship team with 4 year players for the most part. Coaches have to manage their rosters like a GM in the in the pros. It is a different environment and while many fans lament the change it is not going back to the way it was.
                Over the last couple years I would say Minnesota and Michigan (Denver too but they don't quite get the blue chip talent the other two get) have figured it out. I can't stand the people who combat that and say they haven't won a national title (not directed at you). It's very difficult to win the whole thing. Both those teams were in FF last year and have a great chance at returning to this year's FF. It doesn't guarantee you will win the whole thing but maybe those schools have figured out the formula. At least from a blue blood perspective. BU is great this year but now we see if Pandolfo can keep it going consistently. BC should be a lot better next year and then we see if Brown knows how to manage the roster. York struggled with that at the end.

Comment

• Quinnipiac is the old UNH of the ECAC

Comment

• Both these games might end up going to OT and this could still be the worst HE semifinal night i can remember

Comment

Both these games might end up going to OT and this could still be the worst HE semifinal night i can remember
                      Quite dull to watch. Remember the good old days of BC, BU, Maine and UNH with packed Garden crowds. What was the attendance like last night, as the cameras neglected to show?

Comment

• We’ll, looks like Brown is about to get aggressive in roster building. I like the mentality. Brown wants to bring in his own guys who will fit the style he wants to play. My guess is we’ll see a lot of depth players move on, maybe a couple surprises. Will be an interesting couple of days/week

https://twitter.com/bchockeyblogger/...Q39ollo3Xkd3Lg

https://twitter.com/bchockeyblogger/...Q39ollo3Xkd3Lg

Comment

• Ya I will never have a problem with a coach doing this. It's not youth sports. Especially in this era where players have more freedom than ever to get up and leave the program and NIL etc. The bottom line is nobody is simply guaranteed to participate in college athletics. If you like the school you're at, stay and work towards your degree. If you want to try and continue playing college hockey go for it. See if you can find a home. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but chances are you aren't moving on to professional hockey.

Comment

• At some point I think we will see the best players stay 2-3 years again. NHL expansion will stop, their rosters will fill up with younger players and already more euros are getting into the NHL.

I like the MLB model of making your draft picks make a decision out of high school, either turn pro or go to college for 3 years and re-enter the draft.

I’m optimistic that Cutter will return as should Kuntar and Powell. It makes no sense for any of the three to give up what should be a fantastic senior season to get the **** kicked out of them in the AHL. Where are guys like Hardman and Gilmour? Both should have returned.

The portal gives BC a chance to have a decent senior class. There might also be some very good players at lesser programs that GB knows will jump at a BC offer. If 6 players are going into the portal, GB must have a few portal or soon to be portal players he really likes and can get. It’s worked great for our top 20 baseball team!!!

Go Eagles!

Comment

• If you identify the right mix of portal players ok. Bengtsson would be a good addition. But thus far the portal hasn't exactly worked for BC. I think the defense will be pretty good next year. Fowler on paper is very good. If you're telling me Gauthier returns and then you have Gasseau/Smith/Perreault/Leonard that's some good talent. Better hit on the portal additions though.

Comment

• I highly doubt GB would cut up to 6 players without knowing who he is going to replace them with. Tomorrow underclassmen can enter the portal. I agree with you 100% that the portal has not been great for BC. Benson has been the best pickup. Although, supposedly we passed on Matt Brown. GB has a lot of ties with college players and I expect he will do a lot better in the portal versus the last two years. He can also offer a legitimate chance to win a Natty!

Go Eagles!

Comment

Working...
                                X