No announcement yet.

2022 - 2023 Season BOSTON COLLEGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilmour's decision was laughable, he is probably skating in the beer league this year. Sanford has his name on the Cup so it turned out well for him. Good for him. Helleson and Hardeman and Hutsko are all playing in the minors. There are a lot of factors that come into play and it is not just talent that decides. If you spend too long in the minors then you get labeled and it is hard to shake the label. All these guys should come back because they are not ready for the NHL but if they don't mind riding the bus to Utica then good luck and have fun. I would love it if Warren would come back, I think he a terrific college defensemen. Agree please give up on the waiver wire, it just has not worked for teams like BC. It was good for Merrimack, they picked up 5 guys this year, three are 24 or 25. It is the state of college hockey these days so teams who do not have elite talent need the new vets and build around them. Merrimack was picked 8th overall in the league and they surprised everyone because of the players they picked up on the waiver wire. Agree with JD on O'Neill, he has to put that chance on net, I am sure he replayed that one a few times on the bus ride home.

Comment

• I am not discounting Warren coming back it's just impossible to know what each player has in mind. Let's say he was open to coming back and doing grad school but BC doesn't have a scholarship...would he be open to pay his own way? He's good enough where he'll get a pro opportunity somewhere. Also remember this:

https://twitter.com/BC_MHockey/statu...ELreC0xQA&s=19

I don't think he's coming back.

Comment

• Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
        Tough loss, just didn't get the puck luck last night. Benson played great, kept them in the game when Merrimack was controlling the play. Weird season for sure, this team was the opposite of consistent

Have a big class coming in, looking at 4 possible 1st rounders in the class with Smith, Leonard, Perrault and Fowler. Fowler will be the most interesting one. He was 7th among North American goaltenders on the midterm central scouting list but has been incredible in the 2nd half of the year. He could be a late first rounder if a team really likes him but will most likely be a 2nd/3rd round pick. He has a .935 save pct since December 1st, and a .942 save pct since January 1st. He's just getting better and better

Senior Departures: Marshall Warren, Cam Burke, Chris O'Neill, Liam Izyk, Mitch Benson
        Expected Early Departures: Cutter Gauthier
        Possible Early Departures: Nikita Nesterenko, Trevor Kuntar, Eamon Powell, Colby Ambrosio
        - Will be interesting to see what happens with the group of juniors. If they all come back, next years team could be really good, reminiscent of the 2019-2020 team when they 2 really good lines with Cotton, Mattila and Hutsko along with Boldy, Newhook and Hardman
        - Fowler will be goalie #1 from the start next year
        - I still worry about defense next year, Fortesque and Minnetian might see big minutes as freshmen
        One area that needs a lot of improvement is the PK. No where to go but up next season.

The depth next year will help since it is a very good recruiting class
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Holy Cross knocks off RIT. Most wins for them since 2015-2016. Riga is doing a good job there. With their women's team already in Hockey East will they ever commit to a real rink? Or is the interest just not there? I've been wanting Hockey East to add a 12th team as it's better for scheduling, whether that's Sacred Heart or Holy Cross. I know we used to speculate on Quinnipiac but really no reason for them to leave the ECAC.

Comment

• Andres and Izyk in the portal.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              Andres and Izyk in the portal.
              No surprise there, I’d expect a few more to enter. Brown’s first offseason to retool/restructure the roster. I’d expect a couple transfers to come in, particularly on defense to sure up depth. I don’t think they have anyone on the roster to fill Warren’s shoes. We’ll see what kind of impact Fortesque and Minnesotan can bring but I don’t expect either of them to be a #1 or #2 defenseman right away. Would love to see them add Luke Krys from Brown but my gut says he ends up at BU where his brother and dad played
              Last edited by sigx15; 03-14-2023, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                Andres and Izyk in the portal.
                Good luck to them trying to catch on somewhere. Izyk has more of a shot as a potential 4th liner somewhere.

Comment

• Is next year the last year of the COVID exception, I hope so. Best of luck to them, I am sure they will find spots but it will likely be a level below HE. I am guessing that Andres wishes he did it this year. Casey Carreau played for Niagara this past year and was the leading scorer.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                    Is next year the last year of the COVID exception, I hope so. Best of luck to them, I am sure they will find spots but it will likely be a level below HE. I am guessing that Andres wishes he did it this year. Casey Carreau played for Niagara this past year and was the leading scorer.
                    Oh wow good catch on Carreau. Didn't know he ended up there. Not sure on the extra COVID year but the Grad year is still very much a thing. So 5 year players will still be a thing going forward. You just won't see any 6 year players lol.

Comment

• Looks like they’re pushing for Jacob Bengtsson from LSSU. Would be a great pick up

https://twitter.com/markdivver/statu...Q39ollo3Xkd3Lg

https://twitter.com/markdivver/statu...Q39ollo3Xkd3Lg

Comment

• Originally posted by sigx15 View Post

No surprise there, I’d expect a few more to enter. Brown’s first offseason to retool/restructure the roster. I’d expect a couple transfers to come in, particularly on defense to sure up depth. I don’t think they have anyone on the roster to fill Warren’s shoes. We’ll see what kind of impact Fortesque and Minnesotan can bring but I don’t expect either of them to be a #1 or #2 defenseman right away. Would love to see them add Luke Krys from Brown but my gut says he ends up at BU where his brother and dad played
                        https://twitter.com/MarkDivver/statu...IAm4Na_tQ&s=19

Given that they don't need a savior on defense this seems like a good addition. 6'3" and 2nd leading scorer. I can get behind this type of portal addition.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/sezenack/status/...MtI7QjWCA&s=19

Comment

• And Bengtsson is not a grad transfer!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              And Bengtsson is not a grad transfer!
                              Fingers crossed it gets done, I'm not counting anything as a sure thing until Bengtsson says so or the team does after last year

Comment

• Nesterenko signed. That seemed likely after his rights were traded earlier this month. Good player.

Comment

Working...
                                X