No announcement yet.

2022 - 2023 Season BOSTON COLLEGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy to get another shot at Merrimack since that was perhaps the worst series they played all year. They found something with the newish top line and as mentioned above, Gasseau has put together a real nice rookie season.

Comment

• I just bought 3 tickets online to beat the crowd

Should be an interesting game Satuirday
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Happy to get another shot at Merrimack since that was perhaps the worst series they played all year. They found something with the newish top line and as mentioned above, Gasseau has put together a real nice rookie season.
        I think the UVM and Maine series are just as bad ...... horrible horrible horrible
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          https://***********/NHLFoley/status/...YLdXM_wYw&s=19

Year 2 of Greg Brown is where it really starts. This is exactly what they need with the forwards that are coming in.
          He’s been pretty insane since the beginning of January. He had a little bit of a rocky start this year but returned to his old self the last 3 months. .947 save pct the last 10 games, 5 shutouts on the year. I’d be pretty surprised if he doesn’t end up on the U18 team for worlds

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
            Solid in all three zones tonight, some bad turnovers by UMass led to great chances and a couple of goals. Nice win and I like our chances to get to the Garden. can't underestimate Merrimack but BC is a different team than when they played them in October. Need a good defensive effort.
            BC was doing ok until UVM put them into a funk.

11 losses since that series AND Their PK is the same awful ......

Too many penalties will do this team in again and they cannot play sloppy and mistake prone defense that lead to turnovers

Comment

• I don't think it was anything specific to UVM. UVM had no business coming away with 5 of 6 points in those two games but that's hockey. BC also got swept by Maine and then Maine somehow got swept by a god awful UMass team. Sometimes it's all about matchups. If the Merrimack series from early in the year is any indication, Mack is a terrible matchup for BC. Refs tend to call fewer penalties in the playoffs so hopefully that means limited PK time for BC. On the flip side of that, the PP has been awesome. So that's probably a wash. Similar record to last year but this team is far more competitive. I think that's evident by beating BU twice, NU, UConn, UML and ties against NU, UML, PC. Merrimack is the one team in that grouping that really did a number on 'em. I'll take it over having to play BU or NU a 5th time.

Comment

• You have to play someone and of all the teams that they could have played in round two Merrimack is the best option. Defense is the key and just can't have the mack goalie stand on his head. I feel pretty good about BC prospects for winning. They are skating and passing better in the last three games just stay out of the box.

Comment

• I'll stick with what I said before. This team can beat anyone in a single game. Maybe even two. But they've done nothing this season to convince me they are capable of the consistency to do it four times in a row.
                  The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                  BC - 12
                  BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                    I'll stick with what I said before. This team can beat anyone in a single game. Maybe even two. But they've done nothing this season to convince me they are capable of the consistency to do it four times in a row.
                    Ya I think this is pretty accurate. I don’t think they have the discipline, goaltending or depth to do it consistently but I think they have the skill to beat anyone

I’m really interested to see if they make any staff changes this off-season. From everything I’ve heard, Buckley is a really good recruiter but he just hasn’t developed players very well. We’ll see on Paul Carey, it’s only his first year and Ayers looks like he has his first big time goalie recruit since Knight but I think more changes are needed on the staff

Comment

• I thought Souza was done but that doesn't appear to be the case. Figured Ayers would get a look there. I just didn't like the configuration with two former dmen and a goalie as coaches. But the NCAA added another paid assistant job so we'll see what BC is willing to commit for resources to that position. It could be Carey if he's done a good job.

Comment

• And I think BC can win tomorrow but that will be the ceiling. Beating BU a 3rd time is highly unlikely.

Comment

• BU will have to beat BC three times as well. If they play each other it will be a epic struggle and much better for the gate.

Comment

• Benson pitches a shut out and we can't get 1. It will be another one goal game, Merrimack is very tough defensively, has bottled BC up. Gauthier rang one off the post but there were not a lot of grade A chances. Hope it doesn't go too long, it is day light saving night.

Comment

• NU on the bubble - lost. Merrimack on the bubble...

We may see a Hockey East zebra special here in OT.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Second pipe for Gauthier tonight. Merrimack does not give you much open ice.

Comment

Working...
                                X