• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bruinsfan11 View Post
    Hockey games must look different in Lemonade’s mom’s basement
    Don't feed the troll!!!

Comment

• Also, Silverstein was absolutely not a "blue chip" recruit. Not since a couple years ago anyway--if ever. He did not have a good year last year and Mike Ayers has mismanaged the goalie position for a few years now. Grant Riley wasn't an answer either and went to NU instead.
      Last edited by J.D.; 03-07-2023, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• Correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought Silverstein had a concussion issue? I think i read somewhere, that this was planned for him to return fully healthy to BC next season. Anyone else remember seeing this?

Comment

• Originally posted by navy44 View Post
          Correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought Silverstein had a concussion issue? I think i read somewhere, that this was planned for him to return fully healthy to BC next season. Anyone else remember seeing this?
          Can't remember if it was a concussion issue or not. Certainly possible given that he hasn't played anywhere at all this year. But I do not expect him to be back at BC next year. If that's the plan then Jan Korec is odd man out. Just my personal opinion, if Silverstein is healthy he needs to play. Go to the USHL or BCHL etc. He didn't have a good year last year and now no hockey at all. I think he needs a true developmental year somewhere. Fowler is now the #1 goalie in pipeline.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Also, Silverstein was absolutely not a "blue chip" recruit. Not since a couple years ago anyway--if ever. He did not have a good year last year and Mike Ayers has mismanaged the goalie position for a few years now. Grant Riley wasn't an answer either and went to NU instead.
            Silverstein was on the NTDP and world junior team - that’s about as blue chip goalie recruit you can land. Sorry but it is.
            Last edited by Lemonade; 03-07-2023, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• Why debate about a kid who never played a college game for BC or anyone else. I am more concerned about tomorrow and can they get past Umass. COming off of a great unexpected sweep at Maine, something BC could not do, and a terrific coach, so I expect a close one goal game. Are ties in the post season played 3 on 3 or 5 on 5. I can only hope that it is 5 on 5 which is the way all hockey should be played all the time.

Comment

• Try sticking to BU hockey, I am sure they love you over there. Simply existing on the USNTDP does not make you a blue chip recruit. He was the 3rd best goalie on the USNTDP. The kid who has struggled at UNH this year was better than him. I'm not sure what WJC you think he played in either. The summer version? Maybe he was named to the roster at some point when Commesso said he wasn't playing but I don't think he actually made it to the tournament. He's not even close to a blue chip recruit. Now run along troll!
                Last edited by J.D.; 03-07-2023, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                  Why debate about a kid who never played a college game for BC or anyone else. I am more concerned about tomorrow and can they get past Umass. COming off of a great unexpected sweep at Maine, something BC could not do, and a terrific coach, so I expect a close one goal game. Are ties in the post season played 3 on 3 or 5 on 5. I can only hope that it is 5 on 5 which is the way all hockey should be played all the time.
                  5 on 5 continuous 20 min sudden death. That is until the NCAA overhauls that too.

Comment

Why debate about a kid who never played a college game for BC or anyone else. I am more concerned about tomorrow and can they get past Umass. COming off of a great unexpected sweep at Maine, something BC could not do, and a terrific coach, so I expect a close one goal game. Are ties in the post season played 3 on 3 or 5 on 5. I can only hope that it is 5 on 5 which is the way all hockey should be played all the time.
                    I'll ignore the troll going forward

Comment

JD tossed out a crap statement per his usual that Ayers didn’t address the goalie position yet he had blue chip top American goalie in the pipeline. The top American goalie is a blue chip recruit and don’t let dumbass JD say anything otherwise. If the top player in that position isn’t a blue chip then what is?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Try sticking to BU hockey, I am sure they love you over there. Simply existing on the USNTDP does not make you a blue chip recruit. I'm not sure what WJC you think he played in either. The summer version? Maybe he was named to the roster at some point when Commesso said he wasn't playing but I don't think he actually made it to the tournament. He's not even close to a blue chip recruit. Now run along troll!
                        if not the top ranked American goalie isn’t a blue chip recruit then who is? He was named to roster of the wjc but pulled out due to injury. Shocking that I have to educate you again.

Comment

• Was hoping to avoid UMass as going 4-0 against a team of similar quality is unlikely but it is what it is. Tough to tell what UMass you are getting. The one that struggled mightily or the one that maybe found something in the series against Maine. They were outshot 38-14 on Saturday night though. It's a game BC should win but will be played in front of absolutely nobody. I hate this Wednesday night opening round format.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/NHLFoley/status/...YLdXM_wYw&s=19

Year 2 of Greg Brown is where it really starts. This is exactly what they need with the forwards that are coming in.

Comment

• Good lopsided win. Gasseau seems to have really matured recently, looks like he's gained a ton of confidence and is now using his ability. Easily his best game in a BC sweater. Mentally, the two quick(ish) answers to the Umass goals were absolutely gut-busters for the Minutemen. Goaltending not really a huge issue when you outshoot an opponent like they did tonight.

All eyes on OT in Providence. If the Friars win, BC goes to Merrimack. If UNH wins, BC goes to Matthews.

edit- PC wins... BC to North Andover on Saturday.
                              Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 03-08-2023, 08:41 PM.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Solid in all three zones tonight, some bad turnovers by UMass led to great chances and a couple of goals. Nice win and I like our chances to get to the Garden. can't underestimate Merrimack but BC is a different team than when they played them in October. Need a good defensive effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X