No announcement yet.

2022 - 2023 Season BOSTON COLLEGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Izyk was a refugee from Huntsville and I think he has been there for 3 years. Brings some physicality but no scoring. Sternschein was a complete waste of time, and Kruse was only a little better with top six minutes. He had a fair number of assists but he was playing with McBain and McLaughlin so that helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post

Ironic when you consider for so many years under York the PK was consistently one of their greatest strengths.
      Even more ironic in that probably the best penalty killer BC ever had was coach Brown's brother.

Comment

• 45 saves by Uconn and still counting , some of the saves on the sparkling side. 4-3 BC but still 5 minutes to play. Winner for BC, tough game. Win tomorrow and they could climb to 6th, if Providence and Maine both lose.
        Last edited by DNAEagle; 03-03-2023, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
          45 saves by Uconn and still counting , some of the saves on the sparkling side. 4-3 BC but still 5 minutes to play. Winner for BC, tough game. Win tomorrow and they could climb to 6th, if Providence and Maine both lose.
          Most likely it will be UMass but seeing UMass win at Maine was eye opening. BC has beaten them three times this year and yet I'd certainly prefer to play UNH or UVM. What's interesting is the PWR show:

24 Boston College
          25 Mass.-Lowell
          26 Providence
          27 Maine

Really, I don't see an issue with how Greg Brown has done in year one. They are a much better possession team. Just need some more skill which is on the way. Just as an example look at production BU has gotten from three senior forwards:

Matt Brown 15-28-43
          Jay O'Brien 7-22-29
          Wilmer Skoog 12-15-27

BCs best senior forward has been Cam Burke at a 2-7-9 line. That's a massive difference. Now it's just a matter of seeing if the juniors and Gauthier all return.

Comment

• Bold strategy by Brown going with Wilder for the first time all year. I guess that is in order to let Benson finally get a rest ahead of Wednesday's game? But 6th place was still a possibility. Interesting call. With Benson in there maybe they win this one today.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Bold strategy by Brown going with Wilder for the first time all year. I guess that is in order to let Benson finally get a rest ahead of Wednesday's game? But 6th place was still a possibility. Interesting call. With Benson in there maybe they win this one today.
              I didn't see the game but the complaint about Wilder was that he was a flopper, always dropping to the ice. Were the goals against him top shelf?

Comment

• Game turned on a 3 on 1 break, not sure who passed the puck but it went to where the trailer was instead of where he was going to be, did not get a shot off, 3 guys are caught up ice and Uconn goes the other way and it is in the net on a shot that Wilder should have stopped. 3-2 BC turns into 3-2 Uconn, they add another before the period is over and that was the hockey game.

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post

I didn't see the game but the complaint about Wilder was that he was a flopper, always dropping to the ice. Were the goals against him top shelf?
                  Wilder played well considering his support. BC wildly erratic defensively, leaving Wilder hung out to dry. Could have been 4-0 in first 5 minutes. Benson was “listed” as the starter until after preliminary lineup was posted. Not sure if Brown was keeping his cards close or perhaps Benson was ill…probably the former.

Comment

Not only that, they aren't exactly producing. Benson, sure. I get that one. Mike Ayers hasn't exactly nailed the goaltending situation lately. But what are you really getting from Burke and O'Neill? Sternschein last year? They're just bodies. Even Liam Izyk was an odd transfer.
                    Don't forget highly touted Dylan Silverstein was at BC...anyone have an update on where he ended up or why he left?

Comment

• Too funny seeing the biggest moron on this board coming here after saying i was trolling the BU thread for correctly stating Levi is better than Commesso. Now run away troll!

Comment

• Having said that, I am assuming Silverstein had some kind of medical issue because he has not played hockey at all this year. Thankfully it looks like Jacob Fowler is playing very well in USHL.

Comment

Too funny seeing the biggest moron on this board coming here after saying i was trolling the BU thread for correctly stating Levi is better than Commesso. Now run away troll!
                          No one has more moron takes on this board than you. That's why I had to come here and defend Ayers. They had a blue chip goalie recruit who left. Commesso is a better goalie and will be a better professional. Levis stats are better because of the system he is in - he isnt a better goalie prospect. A dumbass like you doesn't look at the entire picture and I wouldn't expect a layperson like you to understand the details.
                          Last edited by Lemonade; 03-07-2023, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Hockey games must look different in Lemonade’s mom’s basement

Comment

• Originally posted by bruinsfan11 View Post
                              Hockey games must look different in Lemonade’s mom’s basement
                              How cute...Bruins fan to the rescue. JD must be impressed.

Comment

• Trade hockey insights not insults,

Comment

Working...
                                X