2022 - 2023 Season BOSTON COLLEGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
    It is not pretty tonight either. Carried the play , had some good chances but they haven't been able to solve Ostman.
    They tend to carry play a lot but the PK destroys them. Which ties into not getting enough saves. Maine has certainly had their number. Hopefully a split tomorrow.

Comment

• Poor dzone coverage on the PK and Benson was not stellar, goals number two and five were good shots but he should have been able able to stop them. On the fifth he seemed slow to get to the other side of the net for the rebound. Seems that other teams ride Gauthier and goad him into penalities. The extra 2 minutes was costly, seen it happen several times this year. They are on him every time he is on the ice. His shot is great and on the PP he sets up for his shot from the side but I would like to see him in front of the net as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        They tend to carry play a lot but the PK destroys them.
        Ironic when you consider for so many years under York the PK was consistently one of their greatest strengths.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• On the flip side, BC has best PP in the league and it's by a big margin. Credit to Brown for that.

Comment

• Ostman is the difference

Comment

• Terrible.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• As an up and down team this year, being swept by Maine is not a big surprise. Again penalties and and giving PP goals did in BC. PK all year horrible and needs to be fixed going into next season. Kuntar getting a penalty after he was warned takes the cake. The lack of discipline has done in BC all season.

Don't expect them to go far in the HE Tournament

Better luck next year
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  On the flip side, BC has best PP in the league and it's by a big margin. Credit to Brown for that.
                  Well in that case, you have to blame him also for the PK which negates their good PP. If not, the other coaches deserve blame too for the horrible PK all season.
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

Well in that case, you have to blame him also for the PK which negates their good PP. If not, the other coaches deserve blame too for the horrible PK all season.
                    That's true but I wonder if goaltending is not helping the PK either. Barr is doing a good job at Maine. Hopefully we get a year two bounce with Brown. Let's see who comes back next year. That and the recruits coming in there needs to be a push towards NCAA tournament. 0-4-1 in last 5 against Maine and haven't won at Alfond since 2018.

Comment

• Kuntar and Gasseau had glorious chances to tie the game last night and couldn't do it. Need that infusion of top talent next year.

Comment

• Posma was in alone twice as was Gustafson, nada. Gauthier was alone in front and Ostman got a skate on it. We need a David Cotton. Glad to see Argentina dressed and playing, they called his name several times, certainly more than Cam Burke. Benson was solid the two that went in were great plays. Looks like 8th place, UNH at home. If they win that one I hope it is BU, rather not face Levi or play at Lawler.

Comment

• As bad as this team is this year, man, if everyone comes back next year and Fowler can stop pucks, that team could be something. No inside knowledge of what Cutter will do but 16 goals as a freshman is pretty good.

Also, I think it bears noting that the big guys that were asked to raise their game really have done so to some degree the past few weeks. Kuntar, Nesterenko, Ambrosio... unfortunately this team is so bad it hasn't even really helped except for a 3rd place finish in the Beanpot and a sweep over the Umass that we're used to seeing from the past few decades.

No more grad transfers.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Top 8 goal scorers could all return. We'll see. Gasseau has exceeded my expectations. Real nice rookie season for him. If the junior forwards come back i don't see a need for the grad transfer route.

Comment

• Agree, no more grad transfers, they take PT from potential 4 year players who need two years to develop. This can only be frustrating for them. Remember last year we had Giles, McBain and Mclaughlin as seniors and they did well and are now all playing professionally. We were hurt by the Olympics and injuries, should have been a much better season.

Comment

• Not only that, they aren't exactly producing. Benson, sure. I get that one. Mike Ayers hasn't exactly nailed the goaltending situation lately. But what are you really getting from Burke and O'Neill? Sternschein last year? They're just bodies. Even Liam Izyk was an odd transfer.

Comment

Working...
                                X