2022 - 2023 Season BOSTON COLLEGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
    He is not Knight but it is tough to hold opponents to goose eggs. BC has had too many 1 goal games and too many ties and shoot out losses in part because BC can not put it in the net on shoot outs. Once thing is clear picking goalies up on the waiver wire is not a winning strategy.
    It doesn't happen often that BC has no stud goalie in the pipeline. When it does, it surprises me. I think you have to cut BC a little slack on this occasion. Dylan Silverstein's injury couldn't have been anticipated.

Comment

• Nesterenko has been the best player on the ice in the last 4 or 5 games. He was be bopping and skatting all over the ice last night. He had a hat trick and an assist. Sometimes he tries to do a little too much with the puck but he has the best handle since Farkas. The first period was all BC except for the first two shifts, then the given Umass some life, as in a 2 on 0 short handed goal for UMass and some bad penalties. Benson played well as Umass climbed back in it in the third. They evened up the SOG and by the end of the game it was pretty much even SOG. Need a 60 minute game tonight, as they need to stay close to Maine in the standings, next week end will be two big games at Orono.

Comment

Nesterenko has been the best player on the ice in the last 4 or 5 games. He was be bopping and skatting all over the ice last night. He had a hat trick and an assist. Sometimes he tries to do a little too much with the puck but he has the best handle since Farkas. The first period was all BC except for the first two shifts, then the given Umass some life, as in a 2 on 0 short handed goal for UMass and some bad penalties. Benson played well as Umass climbed back in it in the third. They evened up the SOG and by the end of the game it was pretty much even SOG. Need a 60 minute game tonight, as they need to stay close to Maine in the standings, next week end will be two big games at Orono.
        It at least looks like Maine and BC are destined for 7/8 in some order. That would home ice slots for the opening round games. I'm not sure how much home ice even matters in those games. Gonna be dead everywhere on a Wednesday night. What a stupid playoff format this has turned into.

Comment

• There's been two times this year where the season really could have gotten away and each time they have kept it together. A far more competitive team than last year.

Comment

• Kuntar is a relentless, no flash but a lot of smash. Should have had a hattie but Gauthier was half a step off side. Benson played very well, he is solid, he needs a some protection but he made several good saves in the third. Lets see if they can keep it up, two at Maine will be tough but they can really climb in the standings with a few more wins and the teams above them faltering.
            Last edited by DNAEagle; 02-18-2023, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Kuntar is a relentless, no flash but a lot of smash. Should have had a hattie but Gauthier was half a step off side. Benson played very well, he is solid, he needs a some protection but he made several good saves in the third. Lets see if they can keep it up, two at Maine will be tough but they can really climb in the standings with a few more wins and the teams above them faltering.
              I think it's reasonable to expect that they finish 2-2 in the last 4 games and that would mean they can still catch Providence for 6th. PC only has 2 games left against BU. If BU can get out of their slump I could see them sweeping PC. So 6th is still possible. On the flip side Maine finishes with 2 at home against UMass. So BC could also slide in at 8th. 6th-8th still means you get home ice in the incredibly stupid opening round where games are on a Wednesday night. It would be disappointing to not make the QF round because I think they can beat anybody in the league and advance to the Garden.

Comment

• Hard to figure with this team, nothing is a sure thing and yet anything is possible. After the heartbreaker to a good Harvard team I thought they were toast. Now they must feel a lot better about themselves and getting their confidence back.

Comment

• Finally a good weekend far and few between

Left early after the 4th BC goal but finding my way home was a nightmare in the dark

my navigation app was not working well but eventually got home

hopefully they can win at least 3 of 4 or better still win out the last 4 games

​​​but with this team you never know what you get from game to game

Alfond is a long drive but maybe just watch on the stream next weekend

I don’t see them winning the HE tournament if they go that far but we can all hope

Maybe they can surprise us with two wins in Orono
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• They have shown that they can beat anyone in the conference, they have also shown that they can lose to anyone. In a one game scenario anything can happen.
                    If they can get to the Garden they can play their way into the NCAA's First things first, take two from Maine.

Comment

They have shown that they can beat anyone in the conference, they have also shown that they can lose to anyone. In a one game scenario anything can happen.
                      If they can get to the Garden they can play their way into the NCAA's First things first, take two from Maine.
                      You're right that anything can happen in a one game scenario. The problem is that for BC to make the tournament, they'll have to string together several consecutive of those one game scenarios, which would require a level of consistency that they have just not demonstrated this season.
                      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                      BC - 12
                      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post

You're right that anything can happen in a one game scenario. The problem is that for BC to make the tournament, they'll have to string together several consecutive of those one game scenarios, which would require a level of consistency that they have just not demonstrated this season.
                        Ya I don't see them actually winning HE. There will be a game where they just can't put the puck in the net. That said I could definitely see them making it to the Garden. And yet it wouldn't stun me if they lost to UNH in the opening round or something like that. That's how slim the margins are. But they have beaten good teams in the league this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          But they have beaten good teams in the league this year.
                          And had train wrecks like that Vermont series, which no matter how hard I try to forget it, I can't.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Ups and downs can describe this season. However, I think that many of the downs could have been avoided by a little luck as there were many games that they actually played well enough to win but couldn't get the right bounce. That being said they will finish somewhere between 11 and 33 in the PWR but with a prediction of a 3-3 finish to close out the season and playoffs they likely stay at 23. Now should they close out with 4 wins they have a legitimate shot at the 4 seed in Hockey East. They would be guaranteed 5th with 4 regulation wins as they would pass both PC and UConn. Lowell would then need at least 4 points to take 4th but with series against Merrimack and Northeastern that is no guarantee. They still do have a slight chance of making the NCAA as an at large if they win until the HEA championship game. Conversely they could drop to 10th in Hockey East if they lose 4 straight and UMass, UNH and Vermont all close strong. UNH and Vermont play once so only one of UNH and Vermont could catch BC.

Comment

• I'd settle for a win at Maine. Has not been pretty up there in recent years.

Comment

• It is not pretty tonight either. Carried the play , had some good chances but they haven't been able to solve Ostman.

Comment

Working...
                                X