2022 - 2023 Season BOSTON COLLEGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
    There was no urgency on either night. Last night they put on the most pressure was when it was a man down because of a major penalty on Gauthier. Had a number of good chance but could not convert. However overall this week end was a huge step backward and disappointing. Last night Kuntar, Argentina and Hreschuk did not dress, not sure why.
    Kuntar was suspended by the league.
    Hockey East Announces Supplemental Discipline - Hockey East Association (hockeyeastonline.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
      As if Friday night wasn't enough of a bitter pill to swallow, last night's chaser was all that much worse. That was a tremendous display of discipline to take not just one, but two five minute majors in the third period while trailing by a goal. An obviously frustrated Gauthier's attempt to kill a Vermont player with less than 3 minutes left was particularly selfish.

They had a chance to really establish some momentum this weekend and instead they did the exact opposite.
      It feels like the season just ended and I can see how Cutter was frustrated by the holding on one play I saw but wasn't called.

Kuntar is Kuntar he can't help himself taking bad penalties especially when BC is on the PP or not on the PP

Some games they're shooting and not overpassing but I don't get it when you're almost on the goalie and the need to pass when you have a good shot on net especially when you need offense

I didn't see a change in tactic when UVM were clogging the middle and clutching and grabbing

The lack of good judgement and discipline is their own undoing and does not bode well for the next games with BU and beyond

If you look at the recent losses, the PK gives up too many key goals

The PP in contrast just floundered after scoring quickly and they had 2 majors to score more goals (( I saw no adjustments and if there were adjustment it wasn't working

The ASU loss and UVM only scored 4 goals on the weekend but all were PP goals and enough to sweep BC on count em, 4 total goals. YIKES

NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Gauthier was being held big time in the Friday night game as well. He was very disciplined to not take a penalty in that one. So, I can't blame him if they are letting players get away with such blatant antagonism. He needs to move around more without the puck as he now plays with an Oliver Wahlstrom wait and see approach. He does have that torrid shot which is as good as it gets, but the rest of his game needs much more improvement. Although an NHL shot already, he would likely be in the AHL if he goes pro. That would not be any better for him than what the Vermont players did to him so the chances of him staying another year are greater than what we originally expected.

Comment

• He is the guy the other team needs to stop so he is going to have to finds ways to get free, particularly when skating 5X5. I was thinking of Wahlstrom as well, great shot but we watched him skate his lane for two years. Gauthier is a higher level player than Ollie at this stage but he is not an NHL player at this point. He needs to develop a better handle overall and as noted move without the puck. Scores create time and space. I love parts of his game and his presence on the ice, I hope he does not get a suspension for the hit. It was blatant and it hurt BC chances at the end of the game. Kuntar is Kuntar, a hockey bowling ball but here again he hurt the chances to win the game, taking an ozone penalty when on the PP. Not what anyone would expect from someone with an A on their jersey.

Comment

• Another “local boy makes good” story for the Bruins. Marc McLaughlin Has been called up for Providence.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              Another “local boy makes good” story for the Bruins. Marc McLaughlin Has been called up for Providence.
              I'm sure Grizz and McAvoy will roll out the red carpet
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

• I have two seats to the game on Saturday night. Bought them before a friend invited me to accompany him. I'd like to get what i paid for them. $70 for the two. Reply here and we'll work it out.
                Last edited by PullTheGoalie; 01-26-2023, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Excellent first period, within a whisker of 2-0 but a scrum in front and BU scores with less than a second. Overall BC played very well and played very physical. Expect more of the same in period two.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                    Excellent first period, within a whisker of 2-0 but a scrum in front and BU scores with less than a second. Overall BC played very well and played very physical. Expect more of the same in period two.
                    I thought that BC was dominated in all 3 phases in the 2nd and most of the 3rd with the exception of when it no longer mattered. They will need a better 3 period effort but to my eyes I really don't think this BC team is up to the task

Comment

• Originally posted by RossiRules View Post

I thought that BC was dominated in all 3 phases in the 2nd and most of the 3rd with the exception of when it no longer mattered. They will need a better 3 period effort but to my eyes I really don't think this BC team is up to the task
                      I concur with this assessment. Of course, BC had a lot of great looks in the first and could have come away with a large lead but didn't. They turtled at the end of the period and you could see it coming. Tried to hang on and get saved by the bell but it was a fail. Whether it changed the game or not is up for debate because the next two periods were ugly.

Largely speaking this BC team is right about where I expected after my early season viewing of them and predictions/concerns. 15/13/11 needed to step up and take the next steps and while they aren't playing poorly in any way, they just aren't star material. The roster back-end was cleaned up nicely and the depth players are there now so we'll see if they can plug this upcoming class into the roster and see a huge improvement.

What is the goaltending situation like for next year?
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• The goalie for next year is Jacob Fowler. Previously committed to Clarkson. Currently with Youngstown in the USHL. One of the highest ranking goalies in the coming 2023 NHL Draft.

Comment

• Bad goal with 1 second remaining

Reminds me of the game at Matthews where they self imploded and NU went on to win in the SO or OT

It will be a miracle upset if they win tonight at Conte

They are what they are but people like myself will keep going to the games and be loyal fans and alums

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                            ...people like myself will keep going to the games and be loyal fans and alums
                            Not a BC sympathizer but good for you! Crybaby, fair weather fans are the worst.

"Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Ice began to tilt to BU after Nesterenko missed on the breakaway. BU is playing very well and has a lot of talent all over the ice. They would be better with a little less woofing, got wo penalties for it. I am sure Benson was exhausted and it was smart to pull him

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                                Bad goal with 1 second remaining

Reminds me of the game at Matthews where they self imploded and NU went on to win in the SO or OT

It will be a miracle upset if they win tonight at Conte

They are what they are but people like myself will keep going to the games and be loyal fans and alums
                                I didn't think they'd win the first time around either, but they did. That's why they play the games. Regardless of records, with BC-BU the result is never guaranteed.
                                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                                BC - 12
                                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X