2022 - 2023 Season BOSTON COLLEGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
    We don't seem to have a problem recruiting high end talent, any Boston school is a huge attraction. NU is attracting high end talent to a really bad venue.
    What “bad venue” are you talking about?? Yes, Matthews is old. That doesn’t make it bad. It has charm and “personality “. It also has great ice - which, you will recall, is where the game is actually played.
    I wouldn’t call Conte sterile exactly, but I’ve never found it to be charming or it’s design to be imaginative. It does have a great deal of tradition going for it.

Comment

• The SHU rink seems to have everything but limited capacity at below 4000 seats but seems to have everything else after watching the videos on YouTube
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Have you been in the lockers rooms ? It may have great ice, but if NU had the land they would build a new rink tomorrow.
        Last edited by DNAEagle; 01-17-2023, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• When my mens league used to use the ice the locker rooms were just for visitors but I am sure the men’s and women’s lockers are better but cannot compare to HAA or Conte which were updated and the SHU one looks fabulous too
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

• The new venue for UConn is good for their fans but bad for opposing fans trying to get tickets. At the XL Center it was never a problem with seats available. Now with less seats available you have to go to a reseller and pay a lot more. A $25 ticket is now about $75 after TM or SH tacks on their fees.

Comment

• There were scalpers outside UConn the other night asking for seats to future games.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                ...if NU had the land they would a new rink tomorrow.
                Absolutely. NU has tried to get a new athletic complex done many times going back to the '70s but those efforts were stifled by the local pols. I believe they now have plans to add a sizeable annex onto the end of the current building but getting that past the current city administration and the historic preservationists is another matter.

"Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• The Wild signed Matt Boldy to a 7 year extension.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Wow, the SHU rink looks amazing! So disappointing, but not surprising, that UVM wasn't able to put together something like that. But, then again, our whole program is a cluster right now and I'm having serious doubts about whether Woodcroft was the right hire. I will be interested to see how badly we get shellacked by y'all this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                      Wow, the SHU rink looks amazing! So disappointing, but not surprising, that UVM wasn't able to put together something like that. But, then again, our whole program is a cluster right now and I'm having serious doubts about whether Woodcroft was the right hire. I will be interested to see how badly we get shellacked by y'all this weekend.
                      The lack of enough restrooms is a big problem at the UVM rink. As a fan it's best not to buy any drinks unless you beat the line or have a lot of patience to wait in line. A nice facility helps in attracting recruits and it's about time UVM replace that old rink.

Comment

• Well, that was a disappointing result last night. Two 5 minute powerplays against the last place team in HE and all they managed was one goal. Hopefully tonight will be a better effort.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                          Well, that was a disappointing result last night. Two 5 minute powerplays against the last place team in HE and all they managed was one goal. Hopefully tonight will be a better effort.
                          Killer for the pairwise…..yes I know it’s early but hopefully that won’t come back and haunt them. We were right on the bubble with much better play since the BU game

Comment

• Well, it's never a good thing when your season is over in the third week of January. It would be cool if Gauthier stayed but I don't think he will.

See you guys next season.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• As if Friday night wasn't enough of a bitter pill to swallow, last night's chaser was all that much worse. That was a tremendous display of discipline to take not just one, but two five minute majors in the third period while trailing by a goal. An obviously frustrated Gauthier's attempt to kill a Vermont player with less than 3 minutes left was particularly selfish.

They had a chance to really establish some momentum this weekend and instead they did the exact opposite.
                              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                              BC - 12
                              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• There was no urgency on either night. Last night they put on the most pressure was when it was a man down because of a major penalty on Gauthier. Had a number of good chance but could not convert. However overall this week end was a huge step backward and disappointing. Last night Kuntar, Argentina and Hreschuk did not dress, not sure why.

Comment

Working...
                                X