No announcement yet.

2022 - 2023 Season BOSTON COLLEGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate to say it, but I took a peek at the PWR and they are creeping up.

A good win without Cutter tonight. Need to keep the momentum going into 2023 with a sweep tomorrow night.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
      I hate to say it, but I took a peek at the PWR and they are creeping up. A good win without Cutter tonight. Need to keep the momentum going into 2023 with a sweep tomorrow night.
      I noticed the same thing. Follow it up with another win tonight and there may yet be potential for them to remain relevant in the second half.
      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
      BC - 12
      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• They will be relevant in the second half, stoned by the goalie tonight, outshot them 17-1 in the third, theirs went in 17 of ours did not. They may not get very far post season but as always they will be tough to play against. On to Fenway and Umass.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
          Any information on tickets to the ASU game? The prices on the ticket outlets are insane.
          Did you have a good time in the"Valley of the Sun"?
          Was too bad your leading scorer missed the game along with 5 Sun Devil starters.

Comment

• OK look, I know I jinxed them with my last post about PWR stuff. Forget about that.

But I need to say this: I like this team.

We had so many unlikeable teams for a good stretch of time (COVID 2020 team was sick and probably would have won a NC). The weak links and non-D1 players skating in a BC sweater are gone. They've done a nice job building this roster with the transfers and mixing in older players and younger players. Gauthier is obviously a huge difference-maker.

That second period was incredible. Nice win.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Good win despite the penalties

I like the throwback like jerseys but too many stripes, (3 is enough)

6 is kind of overkill and remind me of the sabre jerseys with the multiple stripes pattern

I like the eagle better than the new eagle which doesn't look like an eagle

If they're available I would buy one, hopefully they are not just a one time uni for Frozen Fenway

Hoops almost beat Duke but no cigar

2nd half is starting off on good note
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• I guess the new SHU rink is not selling tickets yet online, there's an 8 ticket limit

I will miss the Wake game in hoops if I can get tickets to this game

The SHU rink is small in capacity, maybe 3600 seats
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  OK look, I know I jinxed them with my last post about PWR stuff. Forget about that.

But I need to say this: I like this team.

We had so many unlikeable teams for a good stretch of time (COVID 2020 team was sick and probably would have won a NC). The weak links and non-D1 players skating in a BC sweater are gone. They've done a nice job building this roster with the transfers and mixing in older players and younger players. Gauthier is obviously a huge difference-maker.

That second period was incredible. Nice win.
                  The COVID team would have been a contender for sure. I think it's a stretch to say that they PROBABLY would have won a NC. This team is improving, but they still lack offensive depth. Next year's freshman class should fix that, assuming that they all show up. Agree that Gauthier is a difference maker. Unfortunate that from all indications his intent is to be a one and done. If we could somehow keep him one more year and have him together with next season's recruiting class...

In any event it looks like this team will keep it interesting in the second half of the season and there is legit entertainment value watching them.
                  The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                  BU - 2

Comment

• Really fun win last night. They’re playing with a lot of speed and attacking which is great to see. They’re still making some mistakes but I’d rather see a team playing with aggression and speed then playing with hesitation. I still think there’s another level to players like Nesterenko and Kuntar. Those guys taking another step will be the key to whether or not they can go on a run. Next weekend will be big to see whether they’re a contender or not in the 2nd half

Comment

• The SHU game is SOLD OUT. So much for driving down to Fairfield to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                        The SHU game is SOLD OUT. So much for driving down to Fairfield to watch.
                        It's the first game in their new rink, I'd hope it'd be sold out. Good for Sacred Heart though for coming up with the $75 million for the new rink. Hopefully someday BC have their own hockey only facility. Should be a great atmosphere for a game

Comment

• Originally posted by sigx15 View Post

It's the first game in their new rink, I'd hope it'd be sold out. Good for Sacred Heart though for coming up with the $75 million for the new rink. Hopefully someday BC have their own hockey only facility. Should be a great atmosphere for a game
                          Some of our rival fans like to call Conte a dump but it is not that bad. They could replace the bleacher or upper level bench seats with actual seats. Good capacity over 5,000 up to 7000 seats compared to SHU's which is about 3600 seats.

The food selection could be improved at Conte

I like the organ sounding music and pep music played like an NHL games I used to watch on TV

Parking is generally free on Comm Ave and Beacon for donors with a few on street spaces available

I am thinking the plex area now empty grass space could be an area in future for a potential venue

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

Some of our rival fans like to call Conte a dump but it is not that bad.
                            It's not that good either. I remember when it first opened, Minnesota coming in and their fans and cheerleaders being stunned by it. 1988 was a long time ago. I don't think it qualifies as a dump, but it's not especially impressive either. 17 and 18 year old recruits on visits are very impressionable at that age and please don't try to argue that Agganis is not more impressive. It plainly is. Unfortunately the things that Conte has over Agganis in fan experience (free parking, relative ease of parking) are the type of things recruits/players would not care about.
                            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                            BU - 2

Comment

• We don't seem to have a problem recruiting high end talent, any Boston school is a huge attraction. NU is attracting high end talent to a really bad venue. BU's facility is great, good for them. There are better high school rinks than Bright but it is Harvard so that helps. The problem for all schools is not attracting talent, it is keeping it. BC would have a senior class of Newhook, Boldy, Knight, Helleson and Hardmen, but the lure of the NHL was great. This is happening at every school and it is too bad and a huge loss for all of college hockey but has little to do with the facility they are playing in. After 35 years Conte could be freshened up for sure but as long as the talent keeps coming BC will be competitive locally and nationally.
                              Last edited by DNAEagle; 01-11-2023, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• Good road win for BC. SHU was tough in the home opener in their new rink.

Making some separation from .500 and possibly 11-6-4 if they can sweep UVM

Comment

Working...
                                X