Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A win is better but in 4 shootout games only 1 of 4

BC has been horrendous in shootouts so far
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

The ceremony for Coach York will be between the first and second periods.

Comment

Well, it would have been hard for that to have been any more satisfying.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Good W in honor of JY against the arch rivals

Didn't expect puck explosion by BC but very good game for fans as game went up and down.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Nice win in a real weird one. Gauthier has the star power. Left shot wearing #19 with a great release really gives off Kreider vibes just not quite the skating ability of Kreider (who has that?).

Joyce had a great game, he got dinged up a few times but the corner pass to Gauthier for his first goal was a beauty. Gustafsson really looks impressive out there every time I see him.

I still don't know how that last goal at the end of the 2nd period by Kuntar went in and it was pretty consequential. Replay still made it tough to figure out.

I was real happy to see BC somewhat clamp down and settle the game down in the 3rd. First two periods were just weird with defense worse than my beer league, seemed like BU had the jump to loose pucks but BC was still able to make plays and put pucks in the net. I do think BU had a bunch of fortunate events in the first to help them stay close starting with the first of two yawning nets missed when Kuntar couldn't bury it and got the penalty simultaneously. That led to a BU PPG I think. There was an Ambrosio open net on the other post that didn't go. And then on the 2nd BU goal Kuntar seemed to get held up behind the net almost taking the BU net off, BU went down the ice with the ref basically in the middle of the BU 3 on 2 and helping the cause somewhat (not as bad as the ref clotheslining Petrecki in the Harvard Beanpot game but pretty out of position!). It was a weird one!

I remain hopefully for the future of the program. It's a more solid roster than we've seen in a good while with no real weak links and the class next year is filthy by all accounts.
            Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 12-09-2022, 10:46 PM.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Benson plays well but BC defenders cannot allow the opposition 2nd and 3rd follow up shots

Next year we have a solid goalie coming in as a freshman

​​Certainly Benson is better than last years transfer goalie so far

it will be sometime before we see BC play again

arizona state at the end of December

happy holiday to all

Comment

No one would have predicted 15 goals, if the game had been minutes longer it could have been 8-8 There is tremendous offensive talent on both teams and it showed last night. BC seems to be playing better together than in the beginning of the season, the Freshmen are coming around. Second half of the season will be fun. Hope that BU can beat Uconn, but not with that tending, they are smarting I am sure.
                Last edited by DNAEagle; 12-10-2022, 08:58 AM.

Comment

1. Our loser AD referred to us as Boston College University. Fire him.

2.Leahy couldn’t be bothered to show. Fire him.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

The rematch with BU will be interesting at aggannis

nice to see other players contributing and stepping up

regarding Leahy and AD it starts at the top

all the programs started going down hill with DeFillippo

Leahy is not Monan that’s for sure

this constant musical chairs with ADs is not helpful to athletic programs especially the major sports football, basketball and even hockey has dropped from time to time but I think hockey is coming back and next year will tell us how much progress especially with HC Brown recruiting top players lately

Comment

• The Flipper was a complete fraud, fired OBrien and Skinner, could not have done worse with replacements and we have not been relevant in either sport since. Hockey has been our bright spot. I think people may be underestimating this team , they are not a FF team but with solid defense they have some good wins in front of them. First half of the year they have played most of the HE teams above them in the standings and have 5 wins and 3 ties. The Freshmen are coming along and GB is trying to find the right line combos. They will be a tough out.

Comment

• Mookie’s high school won their PA state football title over a catholic philly school where the rb is heading up to be an igle. Fortunately for Mookie’s school the kid was suspended yesterday for throwing a punch (allegedly) in the semi final the week prior.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Mookie’s high school won their PA state football title over a catholic philly school where the rb is heading up to be an igle. Fortunately for Mookie’s school the kid was suspended yesterday for throwing a punch (allegedly) in the semi final the week prior.
                          So is this another gratuitous dig at BC ????

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

So is this another gratuitous dig at BC ????
                            Of course not.
                            just looking for congratulations as this is the first state title for Mookie’s alma mater (other than Mookie’s cousin winning the state title in discuss throwing :-) ).
                            this came with some interesting news, which no doubt played a role in the Leps winning the game. Since we’re all friends here, mookie thought he’d share.
                            (mookie does after all feel a connection with all his igle friends and adding the bc accepted mookie all those years ago. What May have been….)
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Anyone have info on potential non-conference games for next season???

Comment

• Any information on tickets to the ASU game? The prices on the ticket outlets are insane.

Comment

Working...
                                X