No announcement yet.

2022 - 2023 Season BOSTON COLLEGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shootout meant zilch. Just dog and pony show. Liked the performance and like the effort over all three games.

Comment

I hate shootouts...even those that my team "wins."
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Shootout means even less for this game since it was a non conference game. I am encouraged by what I have seen so far.
        Was this because it was just a game schedule filler ? Why not a real non conference opponent ?

I am not expecting a lot of goal scoring from the upperclassmen but if Kuntar, Ambrosio and Nesterenko can contribute some that would help. A good deal of help from guys like Gauthier will help obviously.

It's a work in progress and this team will struggle for offense for the most part.

Next years class will help a lot if as talented as projected

The defense will have the burden of eking out wins or hold on to leads late in the games and playing a total game defense to keep the scores low.

They obviously loaded up on defense this year and Benson needs to stay healthy and play well to keep BC in the game.

Middle of the pack team ????

Maybe 4th if the team progresses during the season and develops more offense

Unusual 1 PM start on Sunday when Pats don't play until Monday night
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
          I hate shootouts...even those that my team "wins."
          I prefer a full period of OT 5 x5 then if it ends in a tie, each team gets a point
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

From what I understand both these teams were supposed to play Colorado College and CC canceled the series.

Comment

The Pats being on MNF makes the 1 pm start a pretty good idea. I am guessing a good family crowd. I think I will be taking my kids.

I think BC has enough offense to compete. Hell, scoring 3 on Levi is an accomplishment right there and they had chances for more. I think the bigger issue will be if the young defense and Benson can hold up.

Comment

From what I understand both these teams were supposed to play Colorado College and CC canceled the series.
                Any particular reason for CC to cancel ?

I don't see it until I see it happening

I thought Ambrosio produced as a freshman but maybe it's because he wasn't pressured to with that class that left early did most of the scoring. Since then, he hasn't produced like I hoped.

Kuntar scored last night but I don't see it until he starts doing it more consistently without the penalties

Comment

The Pats being on MNF makes the 1 pm start a pretty good idea. I am guessing a good family crowd. I think I will be taking my kids.

I think BC has enough offense to compete. Hell, scoring 3 on Levi is an accomplishment right there and they had chances for more. I think the bigger issue will be if the young defense and Benson can hold up.
                  BTW before last night's game, BC was 6-2 at Matthews last 8 games which is an interesting stat

Comment

A tie at Matthews is pretty good for a team that is just learning to play together. NU seemed to score in tight on the glove side, I think they decided to exploit that spot. Ambrosio's goal lifted me out of my seat, Gauthier goal was a foreshadowing of things to come. Agree that Benson and the D are the areas of concern. Need for the forwards to play good consistent 5on5 hockey.

Comment

Maybe in the next 5-6 games if they can win some of these, they can start to gel more / and gain more confidence and familiarity with each other to string together a strong season overall.

I don't see any pushover wins for this team as HE seems to have more parity. MC and UConn look good so far. The UNH win wasn't exactly an easy win and pretty close through most of the game until the 4th goal.

Comment

Keep hustling hard, win the "borderline" games and the season might be palatable.

Comment

Recruiting Information 2023

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1466169803

Comment

Hopefully they can beat UNH Sunday because UConn looks like the real deal so far beating BU tonight 4-3

Comment

Nice to see the lads finding their game.
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Good win and happy to see some offense finally which has been dormant for a long time

Hope Gauthier stays awhile but not likely according to some people

next year’s recruiting class is highly rated so there’s more coming if Gauthier leaves

hopefully BC finds a goalie as Benson is just a temporary being a grad transfer

As I understand it this is the last year of transfers allowed

on to Hartford Thursday and hopefully they can grind out another W

XL always a good venue to view a game and you can still see the Whalers banners hanging

Comment

Working...
                                X