No announcement yet.

2022 - 2023 Season BOSTON COLLEGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Golden Age of BC hockey is over but our demise is wishful thinking by others. We were in the FF in 14 and 16 and had a very legit chance for a title in 2020. We were at top of HE in some of these years. Last year we were hurt by injuries and Olympic sojourns and a B- goalie. Too early to tell if we will have a better team, they will have good nights and bad, they are not top tier but they will be tough to beat as the Freshmen get their legs under them.

Comment

This program is at a dangerous crossroads. Brown has about three seasons to put a championship contending team on the ice or BC risks becoming just another program for the foreseeable future. These younger generations don't care about past history, it's what have you done for me lately? They do care about facilities/amenities. That's no longer a selling point for BC playing in a 34 year old multipurpose arena with no dedicated hockey training facility. Their only way to distinguish themselves/compete against the top level programs they want to compete against is to win. Or they're just another program. Not a doormat, but just another program in the middle.
      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
      BC - 12
      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

I would be more concerned if they didn't have the class they have coming in next year. Brown will not duplicate York's success but I think they'll be back as a contender soon enough.

Looking at Hockey East tonight, BU getting embarrassed. UConn outshot 40-19. UML lost to Mich State last night. UMass winning but outshot 42-15. That is not promising for the league.

Comment

The good news for BC? QU is up 4-1 at North Dakota.

Comment

UMass outshot 47-15. Shouldn't even count as a win.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              The good news for BC? QU is up 4-1 at North Dakota.
              You spoke too soon...
              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
              BU - 2

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post

You spoke too soon...
                A barn burner. Even QU being outshot 42-18. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is another lost year for Eastern hockey.

Denver
                Michigan
                UND
                Minnesota
                Minnesota State

I'll be stunned if it's anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

A barn burner. Even QU being outshot 42-18. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is another lost year for Eastern hockey.

Denver
                  Michigan
                  UND
                  Minnesota
                  Minnesota State

I'll be stunned if it's anyone else.
                  Even though they've had a tough start, recent history says you can't count Duluth out.
                  The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                  BU - 2

Comment

After tying North Dakota last night, Quinnipiac pretty much took it to them tonight in a 6-2 win.

Comment

Always good to get that first win encouraging win but don’t sit on 3-1 lead

eng makes it 4-2

will be at Matthews Tuesday and see if they can make it 2 in a row
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

After chatting with someone close to berniers BC really screwed that up

if the kid wants to play center you let him play center and not let him get away to Michigan

player like that don’t fiddle faddle by offering him only a 2yr scholly then 3 and player is turned off and says f—- BC
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Gauthier is in but I don't love the fact NU is coming off a home loss. I am expecting a 3-1 type win for the Huskies but let's see what happens.

Comment

Struble out for the huskies. Unfortunate but hopefully they are buzzing after the game vs providence which was a snooze fest.

Comment

Good effort by BC and lost in the SHOOTOUT 2-1

Benson got deked twice in the SO lost

Comment

Shootout means even less for this game since it was a non conference game. I am encouraged by what I have seen so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X