2022 - 2023 Season BOSTON COLLEGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 - 2023 Season BOSTON COLLEGE

Think it's time to start a new thread for this season starting soon with Holy Cross in an exhibition matchup. Lots of new players and a new coach Greg Brown. Time for BC to start climbing up and get this program into a top 16 program in division l.

Recently renewed my season tickets. Looking forward to attending the games again.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

I saw on twitter Silverstein withdrew from school.

Why ?????
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

Why ?????
      That's...not good.
      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
      BC - 12
      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Why ?????
        Mark Divver @MarkDivver
        Boston College freshman goalie Dylan Silverstein has withdrawn from school (as reported first by @BCHockeyBlogger) because of a medical issue. Once he is healthy again, word is he could play in USHL or return to BC

Comment

TY it wasn't made clear and I thought BC did something to turn off a good recruit. It looked like it was because he wasn't made a starter and decided to leave. That's the impression I got reading the twitter.

Looking forward to the opening season game vs the Q

BC has had a bad decade, more losing seasons than winning ones.

Hope Brown can revive the program as a top program year in year out like when York returned to BC in the 90s.

Comment

I was looking forward to Silverstein ascending to a top goaltender at BC, but no coach would guarantee a freshman a starting spot, particularly a kid whose play fell off badly last year. This kid needs to play a full season in USHL or elsewhere.
            ”BC ..more losing seasons than winning ones;”. Eagles have had 1 losing season in past 10 years, and posted wins of 33, 22, 28, 21, 28, 21, 20, 14, 24, 17. We have been spoiled. Brown has opportunity to make his mark. Biggest challenge will be to manage recruiting against departures.

Comment

Silverstein returning to BC is not out of the question but for this year anyway, Benson was always the #1 on paper. Wilder is ok to fill in as a backup when needed.

Now, file this under typical NCAA:

https://***********/MarkDivver/statu...etUXpfNFw&s=19

Not just a BC thing. Ya let's get these kids!!! And even better we'll wait for the very last second to make a decision.

Not expecting a win tonight but would be nice to see signs that Brown has made an immediate impact. Benson only played one period against HC and they also played extra guys to get a look so I am not worried about the result in an exhibition game. QU is a tough first game though. Experienced team. Brad Schlossman has them as his #1.

Comment

Now I just heard that Gauthier's grandmother died so he will not be playing tonight.

Comment

TY it wasn't made clear and I thought BC did something to turn off a good recruit. It looked like it was because he wasn't made a starter and decided to leave. That's the impression I got reading the twitter.

Looking forward to the opening season game vs the Q

BC has had a bad decade, more losing seasons than winning ones.

Hope Brown can revive the program as a top program year in year out like when York returned to BC in the 90s.
                  Brownie could be a great head coach, has a good demeanor and certainly knows the game. He just needs a stud recruiter, because I question his living room skills.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Silverstein returning to BC is not out of the question but for this year anyway, Benson was always the #1 on paper. Wilder is ok to fill in as a backup when needed.

Now, file this under typical NCAA:

https://***********/MarkDivver/statu...etUXpfNFw&s=19

Not just a BC thing. Ya let's get these kids!!! And even better we'll wait for the very last second to make a decision.

Not expecting a win tonight but would be nice to see signs that Brown has made an immediate impact. Benson only played one period against HC and they also played extra guys to get a look so I am not worried about the result in an exhibition game. QU is a tough first game though. Experienced team. Brad Schlossman has them as his #1.
                    Who left…who’s black:…who’s out…doesn’t matter….you’re still BC….a program we’ve always strived to emulate. We have nothing but respect for you and opening up with you (again) is the best evaluation tool to see where Q is at.

Comment

Originally posted by Elbowing View Post

Brownie could be a great head coach, has a good demeanor and certainly knows the game. He just needs a stud recruiter, because I question his living room skills.
                      And what evidence do you have to question his recruiting ability?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

And what evidence do you have to question his recruiting ability?
                        None, just note it. Guy’s as awkward as they come socially.

Comment

OK... interesting game. Need to consider this was against QPAC, always a super tough opponent BC doesn't match up well against, and without Gauthier and Jellvik.

After 20 mins it looked like it would be a blowout. It was but unfolded differently than expected. Easily could have been 3-0 or 4-0 after 1. Officiating was largely horrible this period and of course a simple stick-lift by Alami sent a loosely-held QU stick flying into the air and thus it must be a penalty. They scored 1 second into the PP. Whatever. Escaping at 0-1 was pretty lucky.

BC I think may have been outshot in the 2nd period but had every good scoring chance and easily could have had 3 or 4 themselves this period. Backdoor tap-ins and open nets were missed (1 post on hugely open net). Then QU pops in a wrister from the point and it was effectively game over at 0-2. This second period left me somewhat encouraged even after mulling it over on the drive home. Could have been a completely different game if they pop a few in. I don't know if there were adjustments made but I imagine there were and that leaves me somewhat encouraged as well.

3rd period was alright for a little while, then the 3rd goal happened which was pretty terrible. It demoralized everyone, players and fans alike and everyone headed for the exits. This is the moment everyone said, 'not again" with regard to the goaltending situation. We'll have to see how that develops. It was pretty bad from my seat in the corner of that zone.

The BCI season preview said something to the effect of, "for BC to be any good Nesterenko/Kuntar/Ambrosio are going to have to step up big time and show improvement." I don't see that happening and thus this is a .500ish team. To be honest it's tough to figure where the ceiling is for all 3 of them. Goaltending? Who knows. I do like a lot of the forward depth but that only takes you so far.

We need to get back to recruiting superstars like Gaudreau/Gerbe/Gionta/Reasoner/Farkas and even next tier 4 year guys like Whitney, Gibbons, Ferriero, etc. From fan perspective, entertainment value is LOW. LOW! They do have depth and most nights I think they'll be competitive depending on how the goaltending shakes out and I think a lot of these games will be coin-flip games and that they just split most of them and end up .500ish. Most programs have stepped up and BC has stepped WAY WAY down in terms of what we are putting on the ice. And there's no reason for it. It's self-inflicted.

I liked what I saw from O'Neill (one of the few guys to hit someone tonight... lack of hitting is another big issue that has festered for a decade plus). Gasseau looked good, moved well and was disruptive with his reach on the forecheck, and Gustafsson looked really good with the puck and really stood out. Burke also looked good and could have had a few tonight. Kuntar did look solid tonight and had the ridiculous pass that resulted in aforementioned clank on wide-open net.

Great student crowd.

A lot of interesting faces in the crowd. National champions from 01 (Allen/Dziama/Peterson), 08/10 (Whitney), and the 2012 team was honored at intermission. And I'm sure I missed a lot more.
                          Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 10-07-2022, 10:07 PM.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Elbowing View Post
                            None, just note it. Guy’s as awkward as they come socially.
                            yet he interviews well with priests:-) go figure :-0
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

They planted a few nice hits in the game, were pretty disciplined and I thought played at a good pace. Lone PP looked real good. Quick and effective movement. But at some point you have to score. Before QU made it 2-0 BC was firmly in the game and playing well. Small margin for error though. Perhaps if Gauthier is in there they tie the game in 2nd but overall I think it looked like a better product. Pretty good on the breakout and in neutral zone. Got hemmed in early in the game and I was terrified that would happen all night but it didn't turn out that way. 3rd goal on Benson was awful but I don't think BC was coming back from 2-0 anyway.

Leonard and Will Smith are crushing it for the national team so that is certainly exciting.

Comment

Working...
                              X