X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Check
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    North Dakota has to replace all 8 dmen from this season due to pro signings and transfers. That is incredible.
    Ugh. What a state of affairs college hockey is at.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    North Dakota has to replace all 8 dmen from this season due to pro signings and transfers. That is incredible.

Leave a comment:

• Lemonade
    replied

I just read that while Kuntar signed, his contract doesn't technically kick in till next year so that means the Bruins can still sign Lohrei. Now as for what that means for Kuntar I have no idea. Does that mean he can't play any pro games until next year? Who the hell knows.
    I am not an expert on the the nuances with the nhl contracts and the loopholes that’s for sure. It is possible they agreed to a 2 year contract that kicks in next season as he will be 22 in June then can sign a 2 year deal instead of a 3 year deal 21 year olds must sign.
    Last edited by Lemonade; 03-29-2023, 04:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

He may be able to sign an ATO to play with Providence until that kicks in and that doesn't count to the 50-contract issue? It's an interesting workaround potentially to the 50-contract problem as I'm sure several will expire next season. The Bruins were supposedly looking at other NCAA free agents (WMU's top forward is a target) plus Lohrei so that makes some sense why they are looking at signing several guys with this 49-contract situation. (Maybe).

Kuntar signing is a tough one. I think he's going to be spending a lot of time in Providence (or on a bus to and from) but his faceoff ability alone is a tough loss for the Eagles. Need to replace him with player of similar grittiness.
    It’s my understanding they can only sign an ATO if the entry level deal isn’t signed. Typically what happens is a player signs an ATO, plays out the rest of the season with the AHL team and then signs an ELC for the next season. I believe this means Kuntar’s season is over. Seems like they signed him to only a 2 year deal as a concession to Kuntar because they were at 49 contracts so he wouldn’t be able to burn a year off his ELC this year

My guess is Kuntar’s camp wasn’t comfortable with signing an ATO in case he got hurt. Usually players get insurance against that but who knows with this one, his camp may have not felt comfortable with just insurance and wanted to get a deal done

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

I just read that while Kuntar signed, his contract doesn't technically kick in till next year so that means the Bruins can still sign Lohrei. Now as for what that means for Kuntar I have no idea. Does that mean he can't play any pro games until next year? Who the hell knows.
    He may be able to sign an ATO to play with Providence until that kicks in and that doesn't count to the 50-contract issue? It's an interesting workaround potentially to the 50-contract problem as I'm sure several will expire next season. The Bruins were supposedly looking at other NCAA free agents (WMU's top forward is a target) plus Lohrei so that makes some sense why they are looking at signing several guys with this 49-contract situation. (Maybe).

Kuntar signing is a tough one. I think he's going to be spending a lot of time in Providence (or on a bus to and from) but his faceoff ability alone is a tough loss for the Eagles. Need to replace him with player of similar grittiness.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Suprising signing. I wonder if Lohrei didnt want to sign as the Kuntar signing has Bruins contracts maxed out.

Leave a comment:

• Lemonade
    replied
    Kuntar signed. I would think they are in the market for a portal forward now. They are set in goal and defense for next year.
    Suprising signing. I wonder if Lohrei didnt want to sign as the Kuntar signing has Bruins contracts maxed out.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Kuntar signed. I would think they are in the market for a portal forward now. They are set in goal and defense for next year.

Leave a comment:

• BC/HE
    replied
    Dempsey in the portal as expected. Liam Izyk found a good spot where he should get decent playing time at Bentley.

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    No knock on Kuntar is one of my favorite players, lots of grit and energy, the kind of guy you want on your team and you hate if he is on the other team. He is not an NHL player today or tomorrow. He may get there but he would be best off playing at BC next year and it sounds like he will given the circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• Lemonade
    replied
    Where was the one contract left reported? Just curious.

https://twitter.com/MarkDivver/statu...DY-qKLHnA&s=19

If Pecknold's assessment is correct i would imagine Lohrei gets that contract as insurance for the playoff run.

Let's be honest here. Trevor Kuntar does not project as an NHLer to me. Come back and have a great senior year like McBain/McLaughlin. The only thing we can't know is if there's a scholarship crunch and Brown would like to see him move on.
    Capfriendly has the Bruins with 49 contracts. You can only have 50 so that leaves one player they can sign. I don't see Kuntar as that option when Lohrei looks like a far superior prospect at this time.

Leave a comment:

• eaglekeeper
    replied
    Warren going into the portal was a surprise to me. I didn’t think he had as good of a senior season compared to his junior season. Perhaps, it was due to having 3 freshman on defense.

I think GB is going to bring in bigger defenseman. I see BU trending that way as well with their latest recruits. It’s good to have a couple of smaller more offensive defenders, but in our best days we had some big defenseman that were offensively talented as well.

I agree with everything said about Kuntar. He should return, have a great senior year and become a free agent. He will have 31 other teams to look at to see what is the best situation for him to make an NHL roster.

Go Eagles!

Leave a comment:

• Marshmont_63
    replied
    For anyone who might be interested, I created a spreadsheet in google sheets tracking all the recruiting for BC hockey. If you'd like to have access to it, feel free to send me your gmail in a dm or follow me on twitter (@Marshmont_63) and send me a dm there. I update the spreadsheet all the time and have grown it to include various tabs on anything I find interesting related to the program and/or individual seasons/stats. I love following and tracking college hockey recruiting in general. I hardly ever post here, but I always read the threads. Anyways, if you'd like a comprehensive look at future rosters and recruits, feel free to reach out. Can't wait for next season with that monster recruiting class coming in!

Leave a comment:

• Seacaptim
    replied
    Jake Sondreal -Dubuque forward 5’11’ 170 11 g/23 a Commits to BC. His coach describes him as a playmaker with skill. Came on strong in second half of season. Minnesota kid.

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    I wondered about Warren sticking around, really a good player and seems like a well rounded guy who would be good in the locker room. He will wind up in a good spot, sorry to see him go.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X