• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sigx15
    replied
    Originally posted by DLG View Post
    Just saw Seamus Powell entered the transfer portal
    Is this a surprise?
    Kind of, kind of not. They were at a numbers crunch on defense and he’s not the style of player Brown has historically liked. If someone was going to go because of the crunch it was him. They probably told him playtime was going to be limited and he was free to explore his options

Leave a comment:

• DLG
    replied
    Just saw Seamus Powell entered the transfer portal
    Is this a surprise?

Leave a comment:

• Boston22
    replied
    Has anyone else been watching the U-18 Tournament? The top line of Will Smith, Gabe Perreault and Ryan Leonard are quite impressive. They have tremendous chemistry, along with skill.

William Vote has been really good as well. He's on a line with Cole Eiserman.

​​​​​​​Both Aram Minnetian and Drew Fortescue have played a lot of minutes and have offensive skills. Fortescue definitely likes to throw his weight around.

Leave a comment:

• Cross Check
    replied
    Originally posted by sigx15 View Post

Minnetian will be on a PP, he's pretty offensive oriented. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them go with 4 forwards on the PP. The pp will be a big focus for them next year, it was pretty rough this year and that's always been a big Brown focus
    You must be mixing it up with the PK. The PP was one of the few things BC was above average in last season. The PK however...oy vey!

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    I thought Posma was getting PP time as a net front presence or possibly because of face offs too. But with the talent coming in that could certainly change. PP was good this season and no reason it shouldn't be good again.

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
    Who does everyone think should be a part of next season's power play? I feel BC should have 12 players-- two full units and two others for a variety of reasons (i.e. injuries; suspensions; World Juniors; someone's play falling off; etc.).

I think the eight forwards should be:
    Cutter Gauthier
    Andre Gasseau
    Colby Ambrosio
    Gabriel Perreault
    Will Smith
    Ryan Leonard
    Will Vote
    Oskar Jellvik

The four defensemen:
    Eamon Powell
    Jacob Bengtsson
    Lukas Gustafsson
    Aram Minnetian or Drew Fortescue

I couldn't decide between the last two because their numbers are very similar. I'm not sure who is the better offensive defenseman.

What does everyone else think? Am I omitting someone deserving?
    Minnetian will be on a PP, he's pretty offensive oriented. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them go with 4 forwards on the PP. The pp will be a big focus for them next year, it was pretty rough this year and that's always been a big Brown focus

Leave a comment:

• Boston22
    replied
    Who does everyone think should be a part of next season's power play? I feel BC should have 12 players-- two full units and two others for a variety of reasons (i.e. injuries; suspensions; World Juniors; someone's play falling off; etc.).

I think the eight forwards should be:
    Cutter Gauthier
    Andre Gasseau
    Colby Ambrosio
    Gabriel Perreault
    Will Smith
    Ryan Leonard
    Will Vote
    Oskar Jellvik

The four defensemen:
    Eamon Powell
    Jacob Bengtsson
    Lukas Gustafsson
    Aram Minnetian or Drew Fortescue

I couldn't decide between the last two because their numbers are very similar. I'm not sure who is the better offensive defenseman.

What does everyone else think? Am I omitting someone deserving?

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    Skating ability is very high end, not necessarily great speed but very smooth and strong on his skates. He would fit into any defensive pairing very well because he has high hockey IQ and has 4 years of game experience. Good get for any team.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by alnike View Post

Can you provide a scouting report on Warren as to what he will contribute on the back end? He will likely be top 4 with other draft picks.
    Pretty good skater with decent offensive skill set. I would say probably didn't produce as much offense as I thought he would but just a solid, dependable guy. Not imposing physically but solid defensively. I would expect him to put up some good numbers for you. I believe he only missed two games his entire career.

Leave a comment:

• alnike
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Warren to Michigan. Great opportunity for him. Didn't exactly win a lot here over 4 years and now going to a team coming off back to back FFs. This is the good part of the portal to me. Gave BC four years and now gets a different life experience.
    Can you provide a scouting report on Warren as to what he will contribute on the back end? He will likely be top 4 with other draft picks.

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    Yes indeed good for him, selfishly wished he stayed at BC but definitely a good place to play another year. Good luck, have a great year.

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    Warren to Michigan. Great opportunity for him. Didn't exactly win a lot here over 4 years and now going to a team coming off back to back FFs. This is the good part of the portal to me. Gave BC four years and now gets a different life experience.
    Really smart move on his part. Go get a masters from a top 10 business school and play on at a really competitive team in the big 10. Good for him, wish him all the best there

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eaglekeeper
    replied
    QU has 3, 24 year olds and 2, 25 year old defenseman. They just physically beat up the Minnesota forwards, holding them to 15 shots. College hockey has become a very boring sport to watch with these AHL and lower talented and older players in college hockey.

BU is losing a lot of upperclassmen. I think they are heading into a rebuilding year. Very interesting and I think a smart move are their last four recruits all being big defenseman. That’s what BC needs to get back to and I think GB understands that.

Go Eagles!

Leave a comment:

• Seacaptim
    replied
    Well, Minnesota's goalie turns 25 next month. He probably should have done better on both goals in regulation.
    Particularly that first goal. Puck is coming right across his crease, no thought of using his paddle ? Am perplexed why Minnesota coach decided to take his foot off the accelerator. If I have the best offense, I am using it. He turned the game into a Quinnipiac special.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X