2022 - 2023 Season BOSTON COLLEGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
    Eagle, are you really bothered by comments from other fans ? Nice to know that they are interested and lurking.
    I think it’s just mookie. No one seemed to mind me telling y’all you looked like crap

Comment

Mookie, you're such a rascal.
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePack View Post

I think it’s just mookie. No one seemed to mind me telling y’all you looked like crap
        I think Mookie's point was that Merrimack is actually pretty good (having split with UMass), so you shouldn't take it too hard...
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Well, that wasn't good. 1 even strength shot on goal in the 1st period, yet they were fortunate enough to only be down 2-1. They played much better in the second period until the 5-3 late in the period where they looked totally discombobulated and didn't even come close to cashing in. Then they give up a goal and take a penalty with it in the last minute of the second period to go down 3-1 and that was pretty much all she wrote.
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

This is not your father's Mickymac team, all their goalier played very well made some nice glove saves. BC is not playing good 5 on 5 hockey, I think the first line is trying to set up Gauthier too much, he has a great shot but the defense is looking for the diagonal pass and intercepting or deflecting the pass. Too many penalties and too many guys trying to do too much with the puck. They will get better and it is a long season but it looks like a .500 club to me.

Comment

This is not your father's Mickymac team.....
              Thank you I think? (not withstanding the bastardization of the name of my alma mater). This is a rare season where Merrimack is just flat out better than BC (I thought that was also the case last year). It has been almost 25 years since the Warriors have swept a home and home series with the Eagles. It looks like a down year for BC, but given your recruiting class for next year, it is going to turn around quickly. Hockey East is best when BC is really good.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

‘BC wasn’t willing to put in the hard work and compete with them.’ Ouch.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

when does a tie feel like a loss, when you are up 4 to 1 with 10 minutes left and the other team scores off an Ozone face off with 6 tenths of a second left. Benson played very well but the defense let up on the last play. Never seen anything that close, Not sure who lost the last face off but it gave NU a clear shot and that was the difference. Instead of getting three points they get one. Overall they played well and were much better all around than they were last weekend Tomorrow that get another crack at them.

Comment

Great bounce back win after a horrific tie last night. The team is starting to show some signs of life, hopefully this isn't an aberation rather a trend to start moving in the right direction. This team has too much raw talent to have been playing as badly as they were

Also, good interview with Gerbe between periods. Sounds like he was on campus most of the week and out on the ice with the team. He would be such a welcome addition to the staff if Buckley or Ayers move on at some point

https://twitter.com/BC_MHockey/statu...U3CtOL1apZWYjg

Comment

Benson seemingly gives up a bad goal a game; tying goal went right through him last night and tonight’s was even worse but was fortunately called back for a high stick.

Good win though.

Comment

Excellent win. Probably the best they've looked this year. A couple of hit posts and a couple of primo Levi saves in the third period and this game would not have been so close on the scoreboard.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Eagle, are you really bothered by comments from other fans ? Nice to know that they are interested and lurking. That said BC did not control the play last night MC did. BC had very few clear entries into the Ozone, a couple of undisciplined penalties and more than a few defensive breakdowns. BC was really running around in the third period and they were lucky it was not 5-1. I think the Freshmen are learning that this is a tough competitive league, have to be ready to play every night. Expecting a better result tomorrow. As a general comment is anyone else bothered by the post goal celebrations, it seems to be a part of every players' routine. I prefer the player who acts like they have done it before rather than as if they scored the GWG for the gold medal. Nice goal, raise the stick and do a fist bump and move on.
                          No that’s not it, he just likes to make these gratuitous comments every now and then

no doubt MC is a good team and frustrating to see BC play poorly

I have been busy to respond to this

anyways it was disappointing obviously Friday sitting at Matthew’s the meltdown but I could see it coming with this team

good rebound win and gritty

next hopefully they continue this on Tuesday
                          Last edited by BCeagle; 11-13-2022, 05:48 AM.
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

There are two kinds of great players. There are those that make the most of the opportunities they are given by way of opponent mistakes and then there are those that also create the opportunities forcing the mistakes as well. Cutter Gauthier showed a lot of the latter last night. I was really impressed with how he stick handed around players, stealing the puck and his quick release in not only shooting but also in passing. His versality in playing the point on the Power Play is also a great use of him. He will only get better and will make those around him better as well. The line with Gauthier, Nesterenko and Ambrosio is a bona fide top NCAA line.

Comment

What I don’t quite understand is why he wasn’t picked as one of the shooters in the shootout on Friday

That backhand at Matthews Friday was wicked as I was sitting behind the net and watched it catch top corner of the net

hopefully he stays more than one year however BC next year has more snipers coming supposedly a top class nationwide
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Hopefully tonight they continue to play hard and smart

There are no easy games but I like what potential is there and how they're bonding as a team

They don't want to be pushed around and punked but don't take unnecessary penalties if they can help it

Comment

Working...
                                X