X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Check
    replied
    Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
    The BC Hockey Blog said Cutter Gauthier may sign with the Flyers. That's not ideal, especially after he posted he is coming back to Boston College.

If he does come back, he could be absolutely dominant, considering the players he will be surrounded by.
    I was concerned about that when he did so well at the World Championships. Really hope it does not happen.

Leave a comment:

• Boston22
    replied
    The BC Hockey Blog said Cutter Gauthier may sign with the Flyers. That's not ideal, especially after he posted he is coming back to Boston College.

If he does come back, he could be absolutely dominant, considering the players he will be surrounded by.

Leave a comment:

• eaglekeeper
    replied
    That’s excellent news along with Cutter playing really well at the World Championships. Go Eagles!

Leave a comment:

• Boston22
    replied
    Incoming goalie, Jacob Fowler, was named MVP of the USHL Clark Cup Championship. Youngstown swept the series. Fowler was great all playoffs. Hopefully he continues his play this Fall.

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
    The ref gave MSU a power play late in the game. I think it was a 4 x 3, otherwise MSU was not going to score.

On a positive note, the incoming class should have 3 of the top 11 picks in the draft.

Go Eagles!
    Perrault will be the ultimate wildcard. Could see him as high as 6 to as low as the mid 20s. Scouts are as split on him as any player I’ve seen in a while. He has some really special traits but some pretty glaring holes to his game

Leave a comment:

• eaglekeeper
    replied
    The ref gave MSU a power play late in the game. I think it was a 4 x 3, otherwise MSU was not going to score.

On a positive note, the incoming class should have 3 of the top 11 picks in the draft.

Go Eagles!

Leave a comment:

• Cross Check
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    And then the unfortunate ending where they couldn't put the game away.
    Wherein, Tim Kennedy turned him into a turnstile and at the most critical moment showed him to be a forward attempting to play defense and not a defenseman. It worked until it didn't. And that hill I am I prepared to die on.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
    BC would not have been in that game without Boyle, ton of respect for him, he came back to win a nattie, he almost did but was robbed by Lerg.
    Ya this gets overlooked. I believe the change York made was at the beginning of the HE playoffs maybe? Where he then put Ben Smith on top line. I have no regrets with how he handled that. I forget the exact reasoning as to why he did it, maybe just a combination of feeling they were a little weak on defense and Smith was ready for a more prominent role. Scores after making the switch:

W 3-0
    W 7-1
    W 6-2
    W 5-2
    W 4-1
    W 4-0
    W 6-4

And then the unfortunate ending where they couldn't put the game away.

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    BC would not have been in that game without Boyle, ton of respect for him, he came back to win a nattie, he almost did but was robbed by Lerg.

Leave a comment:

• Cross Check
    replied
    Originally posted by sigx15 View Post

Let's not forget Brian Boyle's Brent Burns impression on defense
    For the love of all that is holy, why would you ever want to bring that back up?

Leave a comment:

• doublerunner
    replied
    Alex Young, Colgate's leading scorer (21-18-39) this past season is in the transfer portal. We need some veteran presence up front.

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post

Marty Hughes filled that role nicely.
    Let's not forget Brian Boyle's Brent Burns impression on defense

Leave a comment:

• theprofromdover
    replied
    Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
    Back when Brown was an assistant to York, BC often used one player both as a forward and a defenseman. That way with injuries you could easily plug a hole. Would not surprise me to see that happen again as someone is going to be left out of major ice time on Defense.
    Marty Hughes filled that role nicely.

Leave a comment:

• BC/HE
    replied
    Back when Brown was an assistant to York, BC often used one player both as a forward and a defenseman. That way with injuries you could easily plug a hole. Would not surprise me to see that happen again as someone is going to be left out of major ice time on Defense.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Joyce had a decent year i would expect he is back. With Alami out:

E. Powell
    Bengtsson
    Hreschuk
    Gustafsson
    Leddy
    S. Powell
    Minnetian
    Fortescue
    N. Joyce

That's one too many. Either Joyce isn't coming this year or there's one more guy to go. Higher profile kids aren't gonna stick around if they're not playing which has me looking at Seamus Powell. If both Minnetian and Fortescue are better than him that would be my guess. But then what would that do to Eamon?
    Not a surprise at all. To me anyway!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X