Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston22
    replied
    Not to sound like a downer, but if the Boston College coaching staff doesn't hit it out of the park, the first week in August, the program could see some pretty lean years.

The players they have slated to arrive on campus this Fall are phenomenal. But, how many of those guys are going to be around for the 2025-26 season and beyond?

BC has (on paper) a weak class arriving in the Fall of 2024. Tim Delay, Nolan Joyce, Jake Sondreal, Teddy Stiga and Justin Solovey are nothing to get too excited over. None have produced very much in the USHL.

Unless the Eagles staff knocks it out of the park the first week in August (when almost all the top players commit), they could be looking at back-to-back substandard classes. And this is with Will Smith, Ryan Leonard and Gabe Perreault possibly being gone when the Fall of 2025 rolls arounds.

Does anyone know where Boston College stands with a lot of the top prospects? Aka guys that will be on the USNTDP U-17 Program this year.

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    Great potential in that group, would still like to have Nesty and Kuntar bt we have to move on. Only 3 months to go, can't wait

Leave a comment:

• Boston22
    replied
    Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
    Their top 6 are going to be a threat to score every time they hit the ice. PP should be outstanding and the defense should be much improved with the new additions. They have a complete team to have a special season.

Go Eagles!
    Absolutely! BC could have a first line of Gasseau-Gauthier-Ambrosio, while keeping the USNTDP line of Perreault-Smith-Leonard together.

Plus, they still have William Vote and Oskar Jellvik on the third line.

Leave a comment:

• eaglekeeper
    replied
    Their top 6 are going to be a threat to score every time they hit the ice. PP should be outstanding and the defense should be much improved with the new additions. They have a complete team to have a special season.

Go Eagles!

Leave a comment:

• Cross Check
    replied
    Well, 3 first round picks, a second round pick, and 2 third round picks amongst the incoming Freshman class. Add this injection of skill to Gauthier coming back and this should at the least be the most exciting BC team to watch in a while.

Leave a comment:

• Boston22
    replied
    Lots of Eagle representation in Colorado Springs for the 2023 World Juniors Summer Showcase. I have no idea why Logan Cooley isn't there, as he has yet to age out.

Leave a comment:

• BC/HE
    replied
    Originally posted by Boston22 View Post

Speaking of all situations, who will be the forwards on the penalty kill?
    I think you will likely see Mike Posma and Andre Gasseau have significant minutes there. Along with Gauthier they are the only returning forwards in the + status. The only others Nesterenko and Kuntar have moved on.

Leave a comment:

• Boston22
    replied
    Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
    If Philly thinks he can develop into a center, he comes back for another year 100%. If they want him at wing it becomes a lot less certain but I still think he comes back. He'll play in all situations next year, it'll help him defensively, he'll become more well rounded and be able to put on more muscle than he would in the AHL/NHL. I think he still comes back either way
    Speaking of all situations, who will be the forwards on the penalty kill?

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    If Philly thinks he can develop into a center, he comes back for another year 100%. If they want him at wing it becomes a lot less certain but I still think he comes back. He'll play in all situations next year, it'll help him defensively, he'll become more well rounded and be able to put on more muscle than he would in the AHL/NHL. I think he still comes back either way

Leave a comment:

• Carmine Scarpaglia
    replied
    Originally posted by bruinsfan11 View Post
    Be really disappointing if he leaves and Torts sticks him in Lehigh after a few bad games
    HAhaha right!

Leave a comment:

• bruinsfan11
    replied
    Thanks for posting that. Made me feel better too lol

Leave a comment:

• Boston22
    replied
    Originally posted by bruinsfan11 View Post
    Be really disappointing if he leaves and Torts sticks him in Lehigh after a few bad games
    My thoughts exactly. Does he really want to be living alone, at 19 years old, in Philadelphia (where the fan base eats their own), playing for Torts?

This article (posted after the Boston College Hockey Blog) made me feel more at ease.

Gauthier gains valuable experience with United States at Worlds (nhl.com)

Leave a comment:

• bruinsfan11
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BC/HE
    replied
    Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post

Thought Gauthier needed another year of seasoning at the college level after an OK but not dominant freshman season.

After getting seven goals and nine points in 10 games against older players at the WC, though, he might be thinking "I can play with these guys ..."
    However, he did not fair well in the last two games when they lost out on a medal with 2 OT losses. No points for him in either of those critical games. I guess it is up to the Flyers now if they have determined if he no longer needs to up his game. There are parts of it that detract from his otherwise powerful shot. Another year at BC would be very beneficial for his development.

Leave a comment:

• bcmsu9196
    replied
    Originally posted by Cross Check View Post

I was concerned about that when he did so well at the World Championships. Really hope it does not happen.
    Thought Gauthier needed another year of seasoning at the college level after an OK but not dominant freshman season.

After getting seven goals and nine points in 10 games against older players at the WC, though, he might be thinking "I can play with these guys ..."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X