Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 - 2023 Season BOSTON COLLEGE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by J.D. View Post

    I just read that while Kuntar signed, his contract doesn't technically kick in till next year so that means the Bruins can still sign Lohrei. Now as for what that means for Kuntar I have no idea. Does that mean he can't play any pro games until next year? Who the hell knows.
    He may be able to sign an ATO to play with Providence until that kicks in and that doesn't count to the 50-contract issue? It's an interesting workaround potentially to the 50-contract problem as I'm sure several will expire next season. The Bruins were supposedly looking at other NCAA free agents (WMU's top forward is a target) plus Lohrei so that makes some sense why they are looking at signing several guys with this 49-contract situation. (Maybe).

    Kuntar signing is a tough one. I think he's going to be spending a lot of time in Providence (or on a bus to and from) but his faceoff ability alone is a tough loss for the Eagles. Need to replace him with player of similar grittiness.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

      He may be able to sign an ATO to play with Providence until that kicks in and that doesn't count to the 50-contract issue? It's an interesting workaround potentially to the 50-contract problem as I'm sure several will expire next season. The Bruins were supposedly looking at other NCAA free agents (WMU's top forward is a target) plus Lohrei so that makes some sense why they are looking at signing several guys with this 49-contract situation. (Maybe).

      Kuntar signing is a tough one. I think he's going to be spending a lot of time in Providence (or on a bus to and from) but his faceoff ability alone is a tough loss for the Eagles. Need to replace him with player of similar grittiness.
      It’s my understanding they can only sign an ATO if the entry level deal isn’t signed. Typically what happens is a player signs an ATO, plays out the rest of the season with the AHL team and then signs an ELC for the next season. I believe this means Kuntar’s season is over. Seems like they signed him to only a 2 year deal as a concession to Kuntar because they were at 49 contracts so he wouldn’t be able to burn a year off his ELC this year

      My guess is Kuntar’s camp wasn’t comfortable with signing an ATO in case he got hurt. Usually players get insurance against that but who knows with this one, his camp may have not felt comfortable with just insurance and wanted to get a deal done

      Comment


      • Originally posted by J.D. View Post

        I just read that while Kuntar signed, his contract doesn't technically kick in till next year so that means the Bruins can still sign Lohrei. Now as for what that means for Kuntar I have no idea. Does that mean he can't play any pro games until next year? Who the hell knows.
        I am not an expert on the the nuances with the nhl contracts and the loopholes that’s for sure. It is possible they agreed to a 2 year contract that kicks in next season as he will be 22 in June then can sign a 2 year deal instead of a 3 year deal 21 year olds must sign.
        Last edited by Lemonade; 03-29-2023, 05:21 PM.

        Comment


        • North Dakota has to replace all 8 dmen from this season due to pro signings and transfers. That is incredible.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            North Dakota has to replace all 8 dmen from this season due to pro signings and transfers. That is incredible.
            Ugh. What a state of affairs college hockey is at.
            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

            Frozen Four appearances since 98'
            BC - 12
            BU - 2

            BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

            Comment


            • It has turned into franchise management, there is nothing about this that is good, except that the athletes who bring in the revenue now have a way of getting compensated. There is no going back and I think it is going to get a lot worse in the years to come. Hockey not so much because it has limited appeal and minimal revenue attached to it but bball and fball is going to go through some serious changes.

              Comment


              • "I am not an expert on the the nuances with the nhl contracts and the loopholes that’s for sure. It is possible they agreed to a 2 year contract that kicks in next season as he will be 22 in June then can sign a 2 year deal instead of a 3 year deal 21 year olds must sign. Last edited by Lemonade; Today, 05:21 PM."


                You are correct and is same as contract that Jayden Struble signed with Montreal. He's with AHL team for rest of this season, then jis 2 year kicks in.

                Comment


                • That’s unbelievable about North Dakota losing all 8 defensemen! I wish the NHL and the NBA would follow MLB and either sign kids out of high school or let them go to college for 3 years and then enter the draft.

                  Go Eagles!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                    That’s unbelievable about North Dakota losing all 8 defensemen! I wish the NHL and the NBA would follow MLB and either sign kids out of high school or let them go to college for 3 years and then enter the draft.

                    Go Eagles!
                    I like that idea...I think

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                      That’s unbelievable about North Dakota losing all 8 defensemen! I wish the NHL and the NBA would follow MLB and either sign kids out of high school or let them go to college for 3 years and then enter the draft.

                      Go Eagles!
                      Ya no thanks. College hockey would lose 30 more players each recruiting cycle to the CHL, other junior leagues and Europe. I’d rather watch players for a year or two then not at all

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                        Ya no thanks. College hockey would lose 30 more players each recruiting cycle to the CHL, other junior leagues and Europe. I’d rather watch players for a year or two then not at all
                        I guess it comes down to if you want to see Adam Fantilli, Jack Eichel etc for a year or have more stability with players you know you'll get for at least three. I can understand the argument. When you are extremely lucky to get three years out of anyone with even the slightest pro potential it is definitely discouraging. But hey what it really comes down to is if your coach knows what he is doing with roster construction to get you in a position to be a consistent winning program.

                        Comment


                        • I sorted out the Kuntar signing - it doesn't start until next season and since the NHL contracts are based on what age they are on Sept 15 of the year the contract is signed that would mean Kuntar will be 22 and thus has to sign a 2 year ELC. Since the contract doesn't start until 2023-24 season it doesn't count for this season contracts so Bruins still are at 49/50 contracts and space for one more (Lohrei?).

                          Comment


                          • Pretty cool to see Boldy turn into a star in the NHL in real time. What he's been doing the past month has been stupid

                            https://www.nhl.com/video/boldys-30t...264/c-16391046
                            Last edited by sigx15; 04-03-2023, 10:08 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              And Bengtsson is not a grad transfer!
                              I think he's getting his degree this Spring. Probably had taken some college classes while still in Juniors. Graduating from Lake State in 3 years.

                              Comment


                              • Pretty crazy to think about how spoiled we were during the insane golden age of BC hockey. Consider this, BU made just their third FF since the start of the 1997-1998 season. That was my freshman year and we went to the FF every single year. And since that season, 12 FFs overall in the 25 seasons in that timeframe. Heck we have more titles than BU has FFs in that span.

                                The success was so front-loaded in that era. It's now 7 years without an NCAA win. 4-5 record in their last 9 NCAA tournament games. Really hope we can get back there next season and quite frankly, also win Hockey East.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X